• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 82: Games in a Season for the big boys

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    Aw shucks. Thanks everybody. Here's the info (I think) --

TIME . . . . . . . . . . .SCORE DETAIL
    10:43am . . . . . . . .bigmrg74
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(assists: West Texas Wolverine, vermaple)

TIME . . . . . . . . . . .PENALTY DETAIL
    1:27am . . . . . . . . .Ralph Baer: 2 minutes for (Sleep) Interference
    WOOHOO!!!!! Goal Celebration!!

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    You want me to whip out tDitty, don't you?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Morning Commie. Good Morning RFAlph!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! thirsty thursday is here!

And for first day excitement yesterday- L'il came home and announced that Snot (remember him from a few yrs ago- the annoying azzhat that told everyone L'il and his team sucked but he was awesome, etc) is sitting a few seats away from L'il in his first class every day. Groan. Last yr this kid would cross the caf or go down a long hall just to tell L'il he sux (did he not have anything better to do?). I guess yesterday he was trying to bait L'il about hockey but L'il was ignoring him. The last extended experience with Snot, he did not take well to being ignored. Should be an interesting yr.
    You know, there are ways of making it so that kid doesn't bother Lil anymore. Like having him kidnapped and chained out in the Maine Woods for a year or two while slowly starving him.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm hoping I'm just paranoid...but I'd rather play it safe. Anyone have a time machine so I can go back in time and not talk to the guy, or have told him something like my gun-obsessed boyfriend with an anger management problem and I are living there? (ok, maybe that would be too obvious a cover up)

I was actually thinking about carrying pepper spray and perhaps keeping some in the night stand...I don't think I'd feel comfortable with a gun, but pepper spray maybe. Anyone know where to pick such things up?

I did meet one of the next door neighbors last night...he plays trumpet in the Michigan alumni band. Small world. I still need to meet the other neighbors. I love my house with it's huge yard and nice shade trees...but they also make for a secluded target.

I'd totally get a guard dog, but then I'd have to take care of it. Way too irresponsible for that.
    I still think you have the yard to keep a dog in. Just set up a fence with a doggy door for him to get into the house.

And if you want it, I could hang out at your place for a bit. Having a second car in the drive would be a big deturant, and well, crashing at your place would mean I wouldn't have to get up so early to get to class.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Back from the fair, definitely the shortest trip to the state fair of my life.

Its still the regular season, St. Cloud should be tough to beat!
      Other than that kickoff TD they gave up, SCSU has been all over the Black Bears.

Duluth up 7-3 on CWU.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Interesting... someone either doesn't like my opinion on the OU strike or they're jealous that my dentist was nice enough to give me a break on the work he did this morning because I am currently without dental insurance.

Sooooooooooo sorry I'm a bit peeved because the boy couldn't start class today. He's had a rough go of it lately and this was something good to look forward to. *sigh*

And a tough guy to boot. Didn't sign it.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          WOOHOO!!!!! Goal Celebration!!

You know, there are ways of making it so that kid doesn't bother Lil anymore. Like having him kidnapped and chained out in the Maine Woods for a year or two while slowly starving him.

I still think you have the yard to keep a dog in. Just set up a fence with a doggy door for him to get into the house.

And if you want it, I could hang out at your place for a bit. Having a second car in the drive would be a big deturant, and well, crashing at your place would mean I wouldn't have to get up so early to get to class.
          And you could practice massaging her...

ugh - that sounds dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            And you could practice massaging her...

ugh - that sounds dirty...
            hehehe.... too bad I probably won't even get my table in until about the end of september.

It just happens.

Comment

hehehe.... too bad I probably won't even get my table in until about the end of september.
              I'm sure she has a bed that would work...
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm on my way back to the state fair, for the third time. But this is a semi-covert trip, as I'm just going to pick up my purchase from sunday...and I may get some food.
                Back from the fair, definitely the shortest trip to the state fair of my life.
                Spent the afternoon there myself with my dad. Didn't really have much to eat though - an elephant ear (fried dough), some kettle corn and a big effing sandwich from Steichen's Market near the milk stand. And all you can drink milk of course. and all I could drink was one glass
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  *sigh*

Really? Old? Please. Don't talk to me.
                  You aren't old.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    You aren't old.
                    Its not the years Commie, its the Mileage.

It just happens.

Comment

Its not the years Commie, its the Mileage.
                      I'd love to rev her engine a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        I'd love to rev her engine a few times.
                        Make her work on your head and lap your valve?
                        Inject some fuel into her cylinder?
                        Have her pump your brake?
                        Take the restrictors out of her exhaust pipe?
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Yes.

Comment

So now that I know I'm older than you people, should I be telling Scarlet, tDarkness and wT to get off my lawn? ****ing whippersnappers.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                              The guy had around $20 worth of coupons that he never told me he had, so when his wife swiped her credit card before the transaction was complete, when I totaled the order I just hit the "credit" key. There's no going back after that. He says, "I have these coupons" and I went "Oh, crap..." He got all peeved and incredibly rude and condescending while I was apologizing up and down waiting for my CSM to get there to tell me how to fix it. And then I fixed it, by voiding the ENTIRE transaction [they had almost $200 worth of groceries] and re-ringing everything up, coupons included. It took forever, when he could have just gone to the service desk, had them void the few items that the coupons applied to, and then rang those up with the coupons, which would have been way easier for EVERYONE involved. He even, at one point, asked for the store manager. Seriously.
                              Yeah, people suck. A woman came in a few weeks and dropped off 10 rolls of film. Only wanted the negatives developed, and didn't want them cut, no prints. We had the peanut gallery working and she printed the prints (but luckily remembered not to cut the negatives). Lady calls up screaming at one of our head cashiers that we didn't give her the negatives back and made prints. She tells her to come in and we can refund the prints and that we'd try and find the negatives. The head cashier goes frantic for an hour tearing the Lab apart looking for them and can't find them. Why? Because when we don't cut the negatives...we roll them up and put them in a plastic film canister and most happen to be black. The roll, due to physics, tries to straighten itself out and unrolls part way to the sides. When she came in the prints were refunded and upon a closer look she finds out that we did, in fact, give her her negatives. She leaves. This isn't the end. I hear about this the next day from the head cashier. We laugh at it. An hour or so before I'm supposed to leave...she comes in. As soon as she starts explaining it, I know who it is. Apparently, she took the negatives to Costco and the pictures didn't look as good as when they we printed them, and says the negatives were fingerprinted and demanded to know why like I know how things work at Costco. I told her my theory (Costco's scanner was dirty) and she then shows me the ones we printed before and there were several that shouldn't have been printed in the first place and starts *****ing like she paid for them and asks to talk to someone higher. So I get another head cashier (one step up from the one she talked to), and she comes back to drop them off (Fairly close to close from what I hear...I had left before she came back) and have us do doubles. Walk in the next morning, and she calls wondering when they'll be finished because she needs them ASAP. I quote her a time I know I can meet, have them finished and she waits until 4 hours later than that to pick them up...and thinks I want to hear her complain even more about the incompetence of the original person (which we are well aware of and have been since before she even came in) even though she had just got around 500 free prints from us.

On the opposite side though I get people like Michael Cuddyer's wife who was really nice and apologized for "rushing" me when she didn't.
                              Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                              He should have owed you $20 for his idiotic behavior.
                              If I got $20 for all the idiotic behavior I've put up with...I'd be retired by now.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Kid had orientation for middle school last night (doesn't start till next Tuesday). They have a 1/2 hour class on how to read the schedule. It apparently is not enough time. Whoever designed these schedules needs to be taken out and shot. I'm an engineer used to wading through jargon and deciphering arcane documents and this one is crap. Lots of unnecessary information and codes that need interpretation. No reason to make this so esoteric.
                              Give them Ralph's email. I'm sure he could whip one up on a spreadsheet in 10 minutes that would be easy to read. It's a schedule...not missile launch codes...

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              Oh, and you MN State Fair fans, I think Texas is giving you all a run for your money in the "You can deep-fry that?" contest. http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...13a95680b.html
                              Others try...but none come close. In Minnesota, the two things we do best are hockey and deep fried foods on a stick.

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                              Other than the deep-fried butter ( ) I think the MN State Fair could match every one of those.
                              I think we've probably had everyone of those (maybe even butter, I know I've heard of that before)...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                I hope you are just paranoid 'trumpet! Probably he is just a curious dude. Checking in with the police and an alarm system can't hurt though. And neighbors. And lots of activity there. Good thing about the parents!

I'm looking forward to a "Dark and Stormy" weekend. Certainly not the weather - its been beautiful - but the cocktail - dark dark dark rum and ginger beer. Found ginger beer in Calumet!!
                                Ginger beer? I'm jealous!

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                Back from the interview and the RMV (had to turn in my license plates). *fingers crossed*
                                Good luck, 'ewe!

Evening Lodge! baked fish, brown rice, and sauteed spinach on the menu tonight. Beats having another turkey sandwich...
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X