Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan: Preseason 2009-10

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
    What the??????? Why????? Are they maybe just trying to get more bodies for the "scrimmage" on the 7th or the Brown & Gold game, and then let 'em go? I know some high school seniors that would be happy to oblige, but, well....they're in high school.
    Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

*****http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/237580/double-facepalm.jpg******

*sigh*
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I'm afraid all my eligibility has been used up. Yours too Nick. :P
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

CCHA Preseason Polls
          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            *****http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/237580/double-facepalm.jpg******

*sigh*
            Okay, I'm going to have to borrow that. In trade I offer the dog I posted a while back in the Animals>Humans thread (the "I don't mean to stare" dog).
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My CCHA Preview
              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Maybe i should have read this thread before buying my Pick Six ticket package from the WMU AD?! The player that left a message about hockey tickets sounded a lot more upbeat about the coming season than any of you guys!
                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                  Maybe i should have read this thread before buying my Pick Six ticket package from the WMU AD?! The player that left a message about hockey tickets sounded a lot more upbeat about the coming season than any of you guys!
                  The last flicker of hope I had under the current regime was beaten out of me at the 10-0 game you see in Bronco's sig.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Moe, I like your blog, I look forward to reading it during the season. When you listed your preseason poll I noticed that you mentioned that BG Defense was "horrible", and so I thought I would check last years stats. As it turns out, WMU averaged 27.1 shots per game and they allowed 36.1 shots per game. While BG averaged 31.5 shots per game and allowed an average of 27.5 shots per game. Horrible?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyschmockey View Post
                      Moe, I like your blog, I look forward to reading it during the season. When you listed your preseason poll I noticed that you mentioned that BG Defense was "horrible", and so I thought I would check last years stats. As it turns out, WMU averaged 27.1 shots per game and they allowed 36.1 shots per game. While BG averaged 31.5 shots per game and allowed an average of 27.5 shots per game. Horrible?

1 - I never said WMU's wasn't horrible. It was, but in a much different way then BGSU's.

2 - BGSU allowed one more goal against on the season then WMU in fewer games played.

3 - There are other stats then just shots allowed... such as goals allowed, quality scoring chances allowed, goaltender stats (BGSU's save % was atrocious), etc.
                      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

1 - I never said WMU's wasn't horrible. It was, but in a much different way then BGSU's.

2 - BGSU allowed one more goal against on the season then WMU in fewer games played.

3 - There are other stats then just shots allowed... such as goals allowed, quality scoring chances allowed, goaltender stats (BGSU's save % was atrocious), etc.
                        I do not disagree, shots allowed do not indicate the quality of shot. I have not seen that stat or I would have included that as well. However, saves % is not a true reflection on the defense is it? I was just questioning your validity of analysis for picking the Falcons to finish last. Certainly, they finished last 2 out of three years and they did lose some quality players from last year, but they picked up some good guys, probably the most important is the new goalie from the BCHL. Also, Williams as head coach is very focused, he will have his team mentally prepared. I predict you will see an improved team from last year. Let me know if you need any help with your predictions next year.

Good luck to your Broncos, I know some of your players and they are great kids.

Comment

So, anyone going to the exhibition game this Wednesday?
                          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

So, anyone going to the exhibition game this Wednesday?
                            Yup
                            Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Game tonight? Brown and Gold? Time?

Comment

Originally posted by YooperWMU View Post
                                Game tonight? Brown and Gold? Time?
                                Situational scrimmage at 6pm against Windsor. Free admission.
                                Last edited by moe24; 10-07-2009, 10:23 AM.
                                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X