Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official MCH'AQ' season thread

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Are coaches prohibited from voting for their own team?

This is a copy-and-paste from the release:

The Bulldogs received 49 points, garnering all possible first-place votes from the leagues eight head coaches (coaches could not vote for their own team).
    MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

Originally posted by MCHA GURU View Post
      Well, we may not have the preseason USCHO poll yet, but I see the coaches poll is up on the MCHA website.

First was obvious, but any thoughts on the rest?
      I thought Lawrence may have ended up second and Finlandia above Lake Forest, but other than that, it is how I would have voted...

MCHA Preseason Coaches Poll
      Adrian = 49 points (7 first-place votes)
      Marian = 40 (1 first-place vote)
      Lawrence = 35
      MSOE = 30
      Lake Forest = 27
      Finlandia = 23
      Concordia = 13
      Northland = 7
      Interesting for sure, especially in the 2-6 slots. With so many variables, it is a little hard to make any super firm predictions at this point. As between Marian, Lawrence, MSOE and Lake Forest, if you look at returning players alone, I would probably give the edge to Lawrence (with a proven #1 goaltender and relatively few players lost to graduation) and maybe MSOE. If you look at the potential impact of incoming recruiting classes (on paper) you could argue that Marian and LF have more upside potential than MSOE and Lawrence (both of whom I expect will have good but small classes).

I think come playoff time, the goaltending situation at Marian will be fine. They have a bigger, older kid coming in who seems to have been rather productive in the MNJHL. He should be able to handle the adjustment to DIII hockey. That being said, with so many new faces, the early series against Adrian could be ugly. At any rate, I expect all four of these teams to be very competitive with one another.

Comment

Are coaches prohibited from voting for their own team?
        Cripes Hammer, you're suppost to be an accountant.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Are accountants allowed to be their own auditor?
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Well, for one, the idea that you should be able to do simple math like in your head without a calculator perhaps??
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

Doesn't being a #1 seed mean that you have more answers than us underlings?

BTW Adrian Black and White scrimmage has been rescheduled to 6p.m. on October 24th. Kate said so.

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post

BTW Adrian Black and White scrimmage has been rescheduled to 6p.m. on October 24th. Kate said so.
                  Apparently not, because the seed didn't hold.

October 24th, huh? Yeah, I can do that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post

6pm? Grrr... I would still be getting back from Ohio at about that time.

It just happens.

Comment

• Re: The official MCH'AQ' season thread

Avatar check, check one two. One two check, ok we're good. Whew, that gassed me. Sure could go for a Dasani about now.
                      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Talked to a few guys today...

MSOE's rookies we're on the ice this morning, while the returners had an off-ice session.

Both returning goalies Connor Toomey and Chris Keller we're on the ice with the rookies, and there were also 3 other goalies on the ice with them as well.

Some of the guys looked pretty good, but there was not a whole lot to go off of, as it was just skill drills and some games.

Another practice to come this afternoon. I'll be stopping in there to catch some of it. Hoping for a little scrimmage so I can get to see some of the new faces up close.

Looked like Jason Woll was out with the guys this morning as well.

Comment

Very nicely done.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MSOEHockeyFan View Post
                            Talked to a few guys today...

MSOE's rookies we're on the ice this morning, while the returners had an off-ice session.

Both returning goalies Connor Toomey and Chris Keller we're on the ice with the rookies, and there were also 3 other goalies on the ice with them as well.

Some of the guys looked pretty good, but there was not a whole lot to go off of, as it was just skill drills and some games.

Another practice to come this afternoon. I'll be stopping in there to catch some of it. Hoping for a little scrimmage so I can get to see some of the new faces up close.

Looked like Jason Woll was out with the guys this morning as well.

Thanks for the update. I for one am very curious about MSOE's freshmen class.

Comment

Concordia and UWRF go at it a week from today. Is anyone giving Concordia a chance in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
                                Concordia and UWRF go at it a week from today. Is anyone giving Concordia a chance in this one?
                                Speaking frankly, probably not. That said, the Falcons were obviously much improved last season and will likely be even moreso this season. While I don't expect them to take down a NCHA opponent...yet...I'm looking forward to heading over to Falls for this one as CUW was one of the few teams I did not get a chance to see last season.
                                Last edited by Matthew Webb; 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM.
                                “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Working...
                                X