X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Interviews for this weekend...

Friday, First Intermission: Jeff Weber (Colgate '90), Niagara Asst. Coach
    Friday, Second Intermission: David McIntyre (portion from Coaches Show)

Saturday, First Intermission: Ethan Cox (Portion from Coaches Show)
    Saturday, Second Intermission: Raiders Alumni Report

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      P.S. komey1, nice preview, but we're the "Raiders" now. We dropped the "red" back in 2001.
      Opps. I'll remember that for possible future games.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

'Gate football 6-0!
        Congrats, Raiders!
        A win is a win is a win but boy did they earn it the hard way. Now a little extra rest...can't take Georgetown lightly and then HC on the road, too!

Great article on Colgate football today

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...2/indexpic.htm

...And Princeton with a player named Andrew Kerr...LOL!

Good luck 'Gate hockey...down 4-2 right now
        Hang tough!
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
          4-4 OT
          Nobody does a tie like Colgate
          Nice, gritty effort boys!

Beat RIT!
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

From the sound of it, this was definitely a "glad we didn't lose" tie instead of the always painful "how did we not win?" tie. For the a season-opening road game, I'll take it

I had the radio on in the background while watching the Yankees game (!!!!), but from the sound of it, there were several breakdowns in the back end. Growing pains, no doubt. I heard McNamara's name a lot, but not necessarily for good things. Hopefully that's just rust he's shaking off. Getting the 2 goals late is huge, shows real spunk, which will bode well for the long season ahead. Just play better tomorrow than they did tonight (especially on defense!) and I'll at least feel good about the future
            ECAC Champions: 1990
            NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
            ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
            NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
            Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
              From the sound of it, this was definitely a "glad we didn't lose" tie instead of the always painful "how did we not win?" tie. For the a season-opening road game, I'll take it

I had the radio on in the background while watching the Yankees game (!!!!), but from the sound of it, there were several breakdowns in the back end. Growing pains, no doubt. I heard McNamara's name a lot, but not necessarily for good things. Hopefully that's just rust he's shaking off. Getting the 2 goals late is huge, shows real spunk, which will bode well for the long season ahead. Just play better tomorrow than they did tonight (especially on defense!) and I'll at least feel good about the future
              The Yankee game? Come on now

I'll let that slide I guess since I was very much interested in baseball tonight as well - watched the Yankees win on the bus after the umpires botched the ground rule double by Mauer. Good thing tomorrow night's game is on television for those folks that don't have access to the internet broadcast or the radio. I just wish I'd DVR'd the game before we left on Thursday. Some things I didn't mention on the radio...our hotel was in downtown Niagara Falls right near the actual Falls. The weather wasn't great to go down to the Falls today but as someone who'd never been, it was quite nice. (Edit - maybe I did mention that, I don't remember). We were also pretty close to the lovely and large downtown gaming establishment as well.

McIntyre's interview portion will be tomorrow nice. I switched them around when I posted the interview list. Also, sorry about the lack of background noise - there was a mix-up in getting an actual crowd mic for this weekend. Hopefully the crowd was loud enough in the background.

Comment

Actually, the Blue Cross Arena where we play RIT tonight looks pretty nice...maybe our ECAC tourney should be held there

*****http://www.facilitiesonline.com/editorschoiceimg/blue_cross_e_c.jpg******
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

I hate ties but this one I can live with. Could have easily been a loss.

Day's off to another fast start with 2 goals.

Power play's off to another slow start - 0 for 6 with a SHG against.

But with a win tonight we can consider this to be a good weekend.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------
                  What a choke artist Joe Nathan is. All he does is blow games against the Yankees in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    Actually, the Blue Cross Arena where we play RIT tonight looks pretty nice...maybe our ECAC tourney should be held there

*****http://www.facilitiesonline.com/editorschoiceimg/blue_cross_e_c.jpg******
                    Very nice inside but Atlantic Hockey holds its' tournament there.

Comment

We've got some good news and bad news, I'll be the first to say it:

Bad news first: The overtime streak is over.
                      Good news: Colgate stuns RIT on the road 3-2 in front of 7,000 (mostly) RIT fans! 'Gate had 2 players in the penalty box in the final minute of regulation and RIT pulled their goalie -- a 6 on 3 for RIT -- and won the faceoff, cleared the puck, and was able to keep the tigers from regrouping in the final seconds to seal the victory.

3 pts on the road? I'll take it.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Thought both teams looked extremely quick ! Austin Smith's game winner was sweet. Looking forward to next weekend, I turned the radio off disgusted when we were behind 4-1 Fri night but we outscored our opponents 6-2 after that point !
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Congrats, 'Gate! Two hard fought, respectable games on the road against 2 great CNY opponents. Still need to put together a full 60 minutes of hockey from beginning to end. Despite the early goal, it sounds like we came out a bit flat again and that discipline may still be a problem esp. with penalties near the buzzer. Sounds like 'Gate/RIT could be a nice local rivalry...a bit jealous of their community/fan support! I wonder how long it will be before they get a new, state-of-the-art arena on campus Only 2 years in D-I and the Tigers play as well as or better than many who have been around for decades....much like Quinny did, too. Never ceases to amaze me how we can struggle and others waltz right in and show us their stuff!

Go 'Gate!
                          Beat Georgetown!
                          Beat UNO!
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                            Only 2 years in D-I and the Tigers play as well as or better than many who have been around for decades....much like Quinny did, too.
                            RIT has been DI for 5 years now - but other than that, I agree with your assessment.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I believe Radio said RIT was a Div 1 team for 4 years, Bill...

Good news: gritty win in front of 7,000+ fans and holding on the last minute or so on a 6x3, despite a couple of questionable "homer" (?) calls against us?

Bad news: 0 for 11 on the PP...?.... Not again this season, please...
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                I believe Radio said RIT was a Div 1 team for 4 years, Bill...

Good news: gritty win in front of 7,000+ fans and holding on the last minute or so on a 6x3, despite a couple of questionable "homer" (?) calls against us?

Bad news: 0 for 11 on the PP...?.... Not again this season, please...
                                Actually 0x10, I added wrong.

Lots of power play shots though for the weekend and two solid power play units IMO. The goals will come, it'll just take some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X