This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

Wahoo - I believe Joey Wilson is a 2011, not 2010.

FWIW, Jesse Winchester returned to action last night in the Sens 4-2 win over Buffalo, getting 9 minutes on the ice and five SOG. Yay!, way to go Jesse..
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by just wondering View Post
      I believe when Vaughan was the athletic director in 03-04 he lobbied for scholarships and they received them. The first recruiting class with scholarships would have been 04-05, but since they received them late in the recruiting process I don't believe they were able to hand them out to "true" scholarship players until the following year. As to when they went to sixteen I'm not sure, perhaps Gate Radio can answer that. The full allotment of scholarships is 18.
      IIRC, the first official scholarship class came in for 04-05. Tyler Burton was our big catch with the new policy. I also believe that technically Marc Fulton was the first actual player on the roster to get a scholarship, but I could be off on that...

Any thoughts on this weekend's trip?

We've struggled against the Tigers in recent seasons, and haven't won at Baker since 04-05, but we did get the win at home earlier this year. P'ton struggled early in the year, but has won 6 of their last 9.

Our record against the Bobcats is generally good, especially in Hamden. Bobcats won at Starr earlier, but that was during their 12-1 start. They've gone winless in 12 of their last 13, currently 9 straight

I'm feeling a split (Princeton L, Quinnipiac W), but we'll see I guess...
      ECAC Champions: 1990
      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

I thought the 18 scholarships were divided among certain sports and that the men's hockey team gets four.

The Raiders did outshoot the Saints, but I was amazed at the Saints' pk and passing. It was quick and deliberate...much like the days of Marostega, Murphy, and Campbell.

Undecided on the weekend but always hope for a split on the road. A win on Friday doesn't guarantee anything on Saturday, and vice-versa.
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
          Any thoughts on this weekend's trip?
          At least a split is necessary for us to stay in the hunt for a top-half finish, and maybe even a 1st-round bye. Princeton is coming off a road sweep and appears to have recovered from their injury issues. They will be tough, especially on their home ice. Quinnipiac, meanwhile, is on a 9-game winless skid and I was hoping that slide would end before their game with us. That said, we're 3-2 in their building and 4 of the 5 games there have gone into overtime (we're 2-2 in those games).

We've struggled against the Tigers in recent seasons, and haven't won at Baker since 04-05
          Actually, our last win at Hobey Baker Rink was in 06-07, with Dekanich stopping 49 of 51 shots. He also stopped 20 of 20 in the 2nd period of that game, and it was the 1st league win for us after a 0-4-1 conference start that year (don't remind me of that season )

That's what my head is saying. I hope we're both right since I'm going to be at Saturday's game in person. Should be a great weekend!
          Colgate '09

Comment

TVR, you're correct about Fulton. And TchrBill, that's how I remember the schollies, too -- hockey only got four per year, though that adds up to 16 over a four-year cycle. Football doesn't get any!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              Actually, our last win at Hobey Baker Rink was in 06-07, with Dekanich stopping 49 of 51 shots. He also stopped 20 of 20 in the 2nd period of that game, and it was the 1st league win for us after a 0-4-1 conference start that year (don't remind me of that season )
              Yep, missed that one. I don't remember much of that season either, but I can't even claim being out of the country on that one...
              ECAC Champions: 1990
              NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
              ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
              NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
              Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Hockey gets 18 schollies to use as they want as long as they total 16 or less. They can elect not to give any out one year and 8 the next. It's like managing the salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by wahoo62 View Post
                  Hockey gets 18 schollies to use as they want as long as they total 16 or less. They can elect not to give any out one year and 8 the next. It's like managing the salary cap.

Easy Math...4 1/2 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                    I'm feeling a split also, but a "W" at P'ton and -- unfortunately -- a "L" at Q-Pac. The Bobcats have just gone too long without a win and I can't see them extending that streak past Saturday.....
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Same ol same ol...need at least a split. Boy would two wins change things ! National TV coverage Saturday night at 8 PM. We're running out of weekends but still in pretty good shape.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

My error in the last post I made.
                        Colgate Hockey has on 16 schollies. Not the maximum 18 allowed to all Division 1 schools.
                        Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          I'm feeling a split also, but a "W" at P'ton and -- unfortunately -- a "L" at Q-Pac. The Bobcats have just gone too long without a win and I can't see them extending that streak past Saturday.....
                          Don't jinx us!!! I'm going to tomorrow's game and the last thing I want is to see our team put on a clunker of a performance. One game at a time, a split will definitely satisfy me.

Originally posted by wahoo62 View Post
                          My error in the last post I made.
                          Colgate Hockey has on 16 schollies. Not the maximum 18 allowed to all Division 1 schools.
                          Sorry
                          But 16 is two less than 18, which is just as good considering Colgate has a roster limit.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Nice win boys...3-1 W.

Comment

Agreed. Wasn't expecting a win toinght, but glad we did. We now own something valuable ... a tiebreaker! (Well, 2 of them, but barring a catastrophic event, we should finish ahead of Clarkson.) Should we finish tied with the Tigers, we'll be ahead of them as far as playoff seeding goes.

Now don't have a letdown tomorrow night. Especially on national television.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Absolutely a huge win !!! We're right there now...Beat Q-Pac tonight. Incidentally, they outshot Cornell 32-16 last night

Our PP was 2-4 and penaltykill was 4-4 .....any correlation ? (last night)
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X