This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

For those of you who weren't able to tune in to the Coaches Show tonight, we'll have the archived video up on GoColgateRaiders.com sometime over the next few weeks. I believe it will be posted as a free video and not part of All-Access since we weren't able to put it on All-Access live.

We actually recorded the show this afternoon in the basement of the library on a sound stage. It's part of the beautiful digital media studio downstairs.

Coach Vaughan was on for the first two segments and then I chatted with freshmen defensemen Jeremy Price and Thomas Larkin.

Comment

bump...Thoughts about Sunday's game against Canisius?
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Sunday's game at Canisius will be a good OOC test for our players. The only concern is if they have enough practice for this game, given the fact that exams don't finish until tomorrow afternoon.

But the team has recorded four shutouts this season, 1 against Ferris State but the other 3 against UConn and American Int'l. Both Colgate and Canisius are scoring at least 3 goals/game but both are yielding at least 3 goals against/game. I won't be able to see/listen to this game so I'm hoping it'll be a decent result.
        Colgate '09

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...eoFirstNHLGame

I hope you can follow this link to see an interview with Kyle Wilson after his first game with the Capitals last night (it was also his birthday).

Comment

Just a quick note: I'll be hosting a Q&A at 4 p.m. (EST) this afternoon to discuss the front-page commentary, ECAC Hockey and anything else people want to throw at me.

Comment

Great video of Kyle Wilson after his first NHL game on his birthday. He's had a great career with Hershey and probably should have gotten the nod to come up earlier but in the last few years sons of great players and others a bit flashier but perhaps less worthy beat him to it. None, however, has had a better first game. Kudos Kyle, you belong...

Comment

Colgate scores 2 field goals, Canisius however scores a touchdown. 7-6 we lose in overtime.
                Bessette plays in net for his 1st career start, and Mac is missing from the line-up with a reported lower body injury.

Lets hope Santa brings us lots of good health for January 2nd against Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post
                  Lets hope Santa brings us lots of good health for January 2nd against Notre Dame.
                  I sure hope so.

Sounds like either the team had a final exam hangover, or Canisius wanted revenge from that 9-0 loss back in 2006. Good thing I missed this game. Hopefully it won't kill us in the long run -- our RPI dropped below .500 with this loss. I don't ever remember us scoring 6 goals and losing.

At least some positives came out of this game. Firman 2 goals, Price 2 goals, Day another goal, FOUR power-play goals and a perfect 5-for-5 on the penalty kill. Good to see Bessette get some action, but he definitely played like someone who was used to being on the bench. 16 saves on 23 shots?? ONE save on 4 shots in the 3rd period? I see McIntyre missed the game too, apparently we still have injury issues after a break?

I don't want to sound negative but we might as well have a game like this now than in February or March.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

I didn't listen/see the game...but just saw the score....
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

It was Bessette's first start of the season but the third of his career. He was in goal last year for an OT win over Quinnipiac and then a loss to Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        At least some positives came out of this game. Firman 2 goals, Price 2 goals, Day another goal, FOUR power-play goals and a perfect 5-for-5 on the penalty kill. Good to see Bessette get some action, but he definitely played like someone who was used to being on the bench. 16 saves on 23 shots?? ONE save on 4 shots in the 3rd period? I see McIntyre missed the game too, apparently we still have injury issues after a break?

I don't want to sound negative but we might as well have a game like this now than in February or March.
                        Yeah, it was real good to see Bessette play and give up 7 goals.....???...Good analysis.

Comment

GOOD LORD !!! Why was this game scheduled !
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby - I think the schedule makers thought this would be a "breather" to keep the boys in shape during the long break. Sort of like a scrimmage..

They were wrong, wrong, wrong.....
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Just in case anyone wants to watch this game, it is on Time Warner Syracuse tonight at 7:30 pm. Kevin Sylvester from Buffalo Sabres TV is on the call with Rob Ray on color.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X