Wisconsin
    4.50%
    Michigan Tech
    10.81%
    THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
    1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
    1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
    University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
    University of Oregon Ducks Football
    San Francisco Giants
    Chicago Blackhawks

Re: Who will win the WCHA 09-10?

Denver... this is an easy one, 'cause there's a consensus frontrunner, even if it turns out to be wrong. More interesting question would've been who's the cellar dwellar?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

No mid season departures
      No significant injuries
      Good Chemistry
      Determination
      Grit
      Pioneer Pride

DU takes the hardware.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        More interesting question would've been who's the cellar dwellar?
        I honestly think it's Tech again. They'll be improved from last season for sure (I figure 7 wins and 5 ties is doable,) but everyone else in the cellar has improved so much as well, particularly UAA (finished 9th with an impressive 23 points and returned almost everybody of note.)
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          I honestly think it's Tech again. They'll be improved from last season for sure (I figure 7 wins and 5 ties is doable,) but everyone else in the cellar has improved so much as well, particularly UAA (finished 9th with an impressive 23 points and returned almost everybody of note.)
          I'm going with UND. In Hakstol's five years the Sioux have finished 5th-4th-3rd-2nd-1st. The cycle has to start over so UND will finish 10th this year.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            On the other hand, I will argue that MTU still has last season fresh on their minds, and could piece together up to ten conference wins. After 08-09, this team should be chomping at the bit to prove they're not going to be the pushover this year.

Granted, Tech is not about to crack the top half of the conference, but I figure 8th place is doable if the team puts their minds to it and we don't run into anymore serious injury trouble. I think there are a few players on the squad ready for breakout seasons, but it'll be up to them to put up the stats.

As for the poll, Denver is the obvious favorite, but that's why they play the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
              Who will take home the McNaughton?
              I understand Denver and North Dakota are early favorites, but I'm casting my homer vote for St. Cloud.

Goodbye Jase Welostky; Hello Michael General Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                I understand Denver and North Dakota are early favorites, but I'm casting my homer vote for St. Cloud.

Goodbye Jase Welostky; Hello Michael General Lee.
                I second this

Comment

Unlike some other people discussing this, I'm not going to automatically pick my own school. While I think UMD is going to have a pretty decent season, I don't see them winning the WCHA. Although I find it pretty ridiculous for some people to say that St. Cloud will be in the running. I mean their goalie became academically ineligible at St. Cloud. If they can find the rink that's a plus. In reality though, St. Cloud could very well pull off a good season, but nobody has the talent Returning that Denver does. UND is also a good argument here, because they always seem to have a great turnover of talent. I'm just glad nobody has said the goofers yet
                  "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    I'm going with UND. In Hakstol's five years the Sioux have finished 5th-4th-3rd-2nd-1st. The cycle has to start over so UND will finish 10th this year.
                    You didn't study math right? I would say at least a top 5 finish.
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I put Denver on top (not my team). I'd put Tech on the bottom, and MN at number 2. STCS, that would be about 5, a ways away from #1. Although given the trend pointed out by Dirty, maybe UND will slip down into #5. So maybe STCS would slip to 6th. If this scenario doesn't happen, I'll go with co-champions of AA and Tech. (At least no one's picked the Favreless Cheesers yet.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        I put Denver on top (not my team). I'd put Tech on the bottom, and MN at number 2. STCS, that would be about 5, a ways away from #1. Although given the trend pointed out by Dirty, maybe UND will slip down into #5. So maybe STCS would slip to 6th. If this scenario doesn't happen, I'll go with co-champions of AA and Tech. (At least no one's picked the Favreless Cheesers yet.)
                        I would pencil UAA into the 9th place spot, just a hunch, they aren't going to be as good as some think.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

1 - Denver
                          2 - Wisconsin
                          3 - North Dakota
                          4 - Minnesota
                          5 - St. Cloud State
                          6 - Minnesota - Duluth
                          7 - Colorado College
                          8 - Minnesota State - Mankato
                          9 - Alaska Anchorage
                          10 - Michigan Tech

Denver has the most talent back as well as a talented incoming freshman class. Wisconsin is very strong on the blue line, but lack the goal production to be considered the front runner early on. North Dakota will be quick, and strong on the blue line, and will have Eidsness to fall back on. Minnesota will be improved, but their success is tied to a streaky Kangas. SCSU has more questions than answers, but if Lee is as good as advertised, this may be too low for them. Duluth I think will surprise some people after some difficult losses this summer. CC got hit hard, and could be in for a rough season. Mankato will be difficult to play as always, but they will struggle. UAA will be strong early and fade after Christmas. Finally, Tech will be better than last year, but I don't see them improving on their place in the standings.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            I would pencil UAA into the 9th place spot, just a hunch, they aren't going to be as good as some think.
                            I think MTU, unless they get hit with as many injuries as they did last year, finishes ahead of UAA.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              I think MTU, unless they get hit with as many injuries as they did last year, finishes ahead of UAA.
                              not a chance in hell. UAA is finishing 8th or better this year.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X