PDA

View Full Version : The Hockey News Ranks College Jerseys

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

lakersparty
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the best jersey in the country is the UAA away green. LSSU is a close second with the classic and unique anchor.

LSSU used to have a great jersey. Why they changed the striping, took off the shoulder anchors and downsized/changed the anchor on the front, I don't know.

http://www.jeffsjerseys.com/TallaireFront.JPG

thecomicbookguy
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27530-The-Hockey-News-ECAC-WCHA-and-AHA-Jersey-Rankings.html

I also like how they rip on Minnesota-Duluth for having the same colors as Minnesota. Shouldn't they complain about Ferris State, Denver and Boston College too?

Otherwise, despite their asinine reasoning, they're about right except for Wisconsin (and Duluth?) being too low and Bemidji too high.

Their reasons are ridiculously inconsistent, especially for the ECAC. Dartmouth and Yale get props, while Colgate, Harvard, and Cornell get ripped for being boring.

And speaking of the Cornell jersey, how does that place last in ECAC with "At least Colgate had numbers on front", when BU is second in HEA with the comment "A classic jersey in all of hockey, not just college"? They're almost the same design! (essentially the same, but with reversed striping on the arms)

I don't care what was ranked where (there's so much subjectivity, it's pointless to get upset that someone likes a jersey that you don't), but at least have a little consistency!

Beer Pong Horn
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Their reasons are ridiculously inconsistent, especially for the ECAC. Dartmouth and Yale get props, while Colgate, Harvard, and Cornell get ripped for being boring.

And speaking of the Cornell jersey, how does that place last in ECAC with "At least Colgate had numbers on front", when BU is second in HEA with the comment "A classic jersey in all of hockey, not just college"? They're almost the same design! (essentially the same, but with reversed striping on the arms)

I don't care what was ranked where (there's so much subjectivity, it's pointless to get upset that someone likes a jersey that you don't), but at least have a little consistency!

True enough about consistency. I'd only meant that their WCHA ratings were ok, even if their reasoning was horseshyte. The other conferences... well, I agree with more of their AHA and ECAC placements than their earlier ratings.

Oh, and I just now caught this comment about the UAA jerseys: "Nanooks rep Alaska on shoulder, realistic bear" :confused:

EDIT: And their poll doesn't acknowledge the existence of Denver University. :rolleyes: Or Miami or Western Michigan or Colgate or Cornell. :mad:

Suze
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
True enough about consistency. I'd only meant that their WCHA ratings were ok, even if their reasoning was horseshyte. The other conferences... well, I agree with more of their AHA and ECAC placements than their earlier ratings.

Oh, and I just now caught this comment about the UAA jerseys: "Nanooks rep Alaska on shoulder, realistic bear" :confused:

The idiots confused UAA with UAF. And spelling Ohio "Ohioe"?? LOL

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, these rankings are stupid. Wisconsin's jersey looks exactly like Boston's jersey (BU for you losers that can't figure out who I'm referring to), yet Wisconsin's jersey sucks and Boston's jersey is amazing. That makes no sense to me. And as stated before, UND has by far the best jersey, IMO, in all of college. I love the Gophers, but apparently The Hockey News loves them more with a #1 for the logo AND jersey.

TimP
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
At least Cornell and their CCHA lookalikes are ranked similarly.

FadeToBlack&Gold
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
And spelling Ohio "Ohioe"?? LOL

That's how Ohioans spell it. ;) :D

MinnesotaNorthStar
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
That's how Ohioans spell it. ;) :D
Dan Quayle is from Ohio(e)? :confused:

I like how Denver's is "too crowded" and was compared to NASCAR...:p

Willie Plett
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
The person or persons who did this poll are morons. I never knew that UAA were the Seabears. Who at The Hockey News even let these people post this.

Baffling, how the "purple motherless calves" finish in the 7th. That is by far one of the ugliest jerseys I have ever seen.

Knocking Wisco's classic jersey is a little absurd. while not my favorite, it definetly wouldn't be last.

CC's jersey needs more love.

UMD's jerseys aren't that bad. Anyone notice that everyone in the University of Minnesota system is maroon and gold. Duluth, Crookston, Morris, there is probably a reason behind this that was decided years ago that the little sister schools didn't have a say in the matter.

SCSU's reds and UND's are my top two.

These knuckleheads have no taste.

spiehler
09-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I am a fan of UAF's jerseys personally.

Are they kidding with BGSU? Pumpkins and shat? REALLY?!I like Alaska's, too, especially the darks.

BG's current attire is better than the previous generation. Which is worse, pumpkins and shat or Tootsie Rolls (two generations ago)? BG's colors are, um, challenging, but they are what they are so I say, "Flaunt 'em." Western Mich wimped out, wearing black ("accent color") and silver rather than brown and gold.

uwbadgers14
09-07-2009, 03:40 PM
The person or persons who did this poll are morons. I never knew that UAA were the Seabears. Who at The Hockey News even let these people post this.

Baffling, how the "purple motherless calves" finish in the 7th. That is by far one of the ugliest jerseys I have ever seen.

Knocking Wisco's classic jersey is a little absurd. while not my favorite, it definetly wouldn't be last.

CC's jersey needs more love.

UMD's jerseys aren't that bad. Anyone notice that everyone in the University of Minnesota system is maroon and gold. Duluth, Crookston, Morris, there is probably a reason behind this that was decided years ago that the little sister schools didn't have a say in the matter.

SCSU's reds and UND's are my top two.

These knuckleheads have no taste.

hahaha just goes to show if its not canadain hockey the hockey news really has no clue and doesn't even try to have a clue. I'm no longer a subscriber to that magazine anyway because there are just better places to get information online then read there stupid articles about no great Sidney Crosby is in each monthly magazine.