Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW-Stout Regular Season -- 2009-10

Originally posted by Collegeman View Post
    It does help when Norbert gets beat because the field gets tighter and more exciting.
    Stout isn't closing any ground by continuing to lose...

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
      In addition to costs and whatnot, I've also been told that a 90' wide rink is considered "optimal" by some.

Don't ask me who these people are, or what "optimal" means, though.
      I would assume that it is wide enough to be "large" but cheaper to build and operate. Optimal in operations research means that it maximizes the value of an objective function while satisfying a set of constraints or that it minimizes the cost while meeting a given set of conditions.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Pre-Game tailgate @ UWRF (FRIDAY) Announced - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/u...ate-announced/
        WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
        NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
        WIAC Championships: 10-11
        NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
        NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          I would assume that it is wide enough to be "large" but cheaper to build and operate. Optimal in operations research means that it maximizes the value of an objective function while satisfying a set of constraints or that it minimizes the cost while meeting a given set of conditions.
          No - by "optimal," I meant as far as the on-ice game goes... not as far as construction and cost.

Like I said, just what I heard once upon a time.

Comment

UW-Stout Sweeps #9 Falcons - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/d...-wild-weekend/

Photo's from Saturday nights game @ UWRF -
            http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/n...w-river-falls/
            WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
            NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
            WIAC Championships: 10-11
            NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
            NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Where are the stories on the Eau Claire series or is it only news when Stout wins? Maybe you could have used one of your aliases to write it. Just a thought.
              D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
              Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Here you go Caveman:

http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/b...r-blue-devils/

http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/b...vils-at-hobbs/

http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/s...with-blugolds/

I figured it was easy enough a Caveman could do it, but I guess not
                http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
                UW-Stout
                ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
                ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb
                  Wow, you guys don't seem to have a problem with stealing pictures, do you?

Anything else of mine you'd like to have?
                  ego?

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
                    ego?
                    Ego?

Not quite, buddy. First you jacked my video, then my bloody facebook picture, now a picture off my photo hosting site. How about you leave my crap alone, especially when it's pictures of me and my friends?
                    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

BWHA
                      http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
                      UW-Stout
                      ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
                      ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

Please do not post pictures or other content without the author's/creator's permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                          Ego?

Not quite, buddy. First you jacked my video, then my bloody facebook picture, now a picture off my photo hosting site. How about you leave my crap alone, especially when it's pictures of me and my friends?
                          Those are very personal accusations insinuating that I have done it all. In addition facebook is available to anyone and if account settings arent right you can see almost anything. I am sorry if it offended you. I will try not to steal anything in the future.

Comment

Those are very personal accusations insinuating that I have done it all. In addition facebook is available to anyone and if account settings arent right you can see almost anything. I am sorry if it offended you. I will try not to steal anything in the future.
                            Sorry, that was a collective "you" as in "you guys".

Only complaint from me was that it was done numerous times after I asked the offender not to. I dumped a grand of my own money covering Stout's run last year and don't want any part of any ******ing matches because it doesn't involve me. I cover and respect 15 teams out here, one of which is obviously Stout, and don't see the relevance of my pond hockey pictures or documentary video to much of anything involving Stout. That's all.
                            Last edited by Matthew Webb; 12-14-2009, 01:45 PM.
                            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

I'm just upset, last year I was told through a proxy if i made the trip from Oregon to NY I'd get a shout out on USCHO. Sad Panda.

Comment

I'm just upset, last year I was told through a proxy if i made the trip from Oregon to NY I'd get a shout out on USCHO. Sad Panda.
                                I can tell you why but I can't post it here. Email me through the board...

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Working...
                                X