Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

No mookie. I've been out of town and incommunicado and seeing as how I've never set up a Twitter page before, that could take a while. Not that I'm not going to do it.

Carry on, the rest of you.

Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    No mookie. I've been out of town and incommunicado and seeing as how I've never set up a Twitter page before, that could take a while. Not that I'm not going to do it.

Carry on, the rest of you.
    dont set up a twitter account - it's pointless garbage. the only redeeming quality is that it provides fodder for conan's twitter tracker.
    time to write new history

Comment

Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      dont set up a twitter account - it's pointless garbage. the only redeeming quality is that it provides fodder for conan's twitter tracker.
      if she did it, it would be worthwhile.

FOH needs to let people know stuff they are doing when on the road. MSH used to have stuff planned out, "meet before and after games at this bar at this hotel, etc" with times, etc. there used to be mailings for stuff.

now it's "??????". or better yet see Scarlet before it happens and ask her what's going on.

twitter is easy to sign up and get alerts sent to you. she would have everything ready to go and send in a flash.

(and the fact that you watch conan disqualifies you for comment )

heck, rogie should have one for the BU blog to alert me to new content with links
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        if she did it, it would be worthwhile.

FOH needs to let people know stuff they are doing when on the road. MSH used to have stuff planned out, "meet before and after games at this bar at this hotel, etc" with times, etc. there used to be mailings for stuff.

now it's "??????". or better yet see Scarlet before it happens and ask her what's going on.

twitter is easy to sign up and get alerts sent to you. she would have everything ready to go and send in a flash.

(and the fact that you watch conan disqualifies you for comment )

heck, rogie should have one for the BU blog to alert me to new content with links
        youre right, in that regard it'd be helpful. hopefully we wouldnt be seeing things like "@FriendsofHockey I'm eating cereal!"

i'll chalk the conan comment up to a difference in age. i'd be disqualified if i watched jimmy fallon or carson daly.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          youre right, in that regard it'd be helpful. hopefully we wouldnt be seeing things like "@FriendsofHockey I'm eating cereal!"....
          if something like that came to be, i would break the innertubes myself!

(though if Scarlet does follow through, we may read: "@FriendsofHockey I'm having a lemontini made by my hottie bartender!!"

Comment

I see somebody has already been kind enough to rate our pre-season thread one star... adding my five star rating we're back to three...

So, going on to actual preseason talk... anybody know what the goalie situation is going to be like this year? I'd heard talk we're likely to see a return to the Rolly/Millan rotation to start the season at lease...
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              I see somebody has already been kind enough to rate our pre-season thread one star... adding my five star rating we're back to three...

So, going on to actual preseason talk... anybody know what the goalie situation is going to be like this year? I'd heard talk we're likely to see a return to the Rolly/Millan rotation to start the season at lease...
              I think I brought it up to 4.

There will definitely be some sort of rotation. Whether it's split 50/50 or Rolly starts every third or fourth game, I don't know, but you won't see Millan starting six or seven games in a row, at least not right away.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

of course they will rotate. as it should be.

give both a chance to win the job. if both can play at a high level (1995), let them. if one takes the bull by the horns, whether outstanding play or injury, let them.

Comment

I tried, but my vote didn't bring it up to 5 stars!

Comment

I'm hoping Millan's performance in the Frozen Four doesn't weigh on him. We still won, and he's a bounce-back kind of player, so I doubt that, but having Rollie there to get a healthy competition going will keep both at the top of their game, and hopefully give us a chance to win every night. There is absolutely no doubt that Millan was the better goaltender last year. It wasn't just Rollheiser's injury, the numbers eventually showed a big separation in play. However, things change from year to year and I think both guys are going to be determined to get a share of time.
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Let's not forget about Kraus, he has senior night to look forward to...next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                        Let's not forget about Kraus, he has senior night to look forward to...next season.
                        I may very well make a Kraus sign to bring to every game of the season next year... at least he'll still be working the doors.

In other news the thread has reached five stars, high fives all around.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                          I'm hoping Millan's performance in the Frozen Four doesn't weigh on him. We still won, and he's a bounce-back kind of player, so I doubt that, but having Rollie there to get a healthy competition going will keep both at the top of their game, and hopefully give us a chance to win every night. There is absolutely no doubt that Millan was the better goaltender last year. It wasn't just Rollheiser's injury, the numbers eventually showed a big separation in play. However, things change from year to year and I think both guys are going to be determined to get a share of time.
                          Honestly, the more I watched the games the better Millan played in my eyes.

He let in about 5 soft goals on the weekend (which is far from good, but he was a freshman, it happens), but he made some great saves on shots much harder than the ones he let in. He also seemed to rebound well from the final goal he let in, and besides looking a little tentative on the dump in after the tying goal he returned to the same old Kieran, so I'm optimistic for next year.

Comment

I'm on board with the Rollie express. I hope to see him emerge as a legitimate full time starter and have a 1/1A goalie tandem between him and Millan this season.

Another player I like to see step it up is Mr. Trivino. He came in with some hype, but suffered long stretches of invisibility out on the ice last season. Some of it could be attributed the talent around him overshadowing his play. However, a lot of that talent has moved on so now it's his time to take it up a notch or three.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                              I'm on board with the Rollie express. I hope to see him emerge as a legitimate full time starter and have a 1/1A goalie tandem between him and Millan this season.

Another player I like to see step it up is Mr. Trivino. He came in with some hype, but suffered long stretches of invisibility out on the ice last season. Some of it could be attributed the talent around him overshadowing his play. However, a lot of that talent has moved on so now it's his time to take it up a notch or three.
                              youre forgetting he also had two extended periods of inactivity due to injury starting in october at unh.

Comment

Working...
                              X