Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by terrierhockey View Post
    boston.com's "facebook dos and don'ts' -- "don't become a fan of pages that might be questionable???" cmon!

http://www.boston.com/business/techn...yfacebook?pg=7
    Text kid returns!
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

I try...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Holy cow!!
        The address header on the letter had my correct name and address, but the salutation said "Dear Mr. Sullivan". I'm Irish, but not a Sullivan. Assume this is the same mistake noted elsewhere.

There was a separate insert that listed new benefits features. Here it said the book would be part of Scarlet Club and above. On the brochure chart, it indicates the book is available at Terrier Club level and above.
        Go BU!

Comment

Holy cow!!
          Didn't know we had Greek Hindus.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            There was a separate insert that listed new benefits features. Here it said the book would be part of Scarlet Club and above. On the brochure chart, it indicates the book is available at Terrier Club level and above.
            OK, this is good to know - thanks.

Comment

The cover letter said Dear Daniel...Everything else had my correct name and address.

Holy cow!! Thanks for letting me know. Need to know a couple of things:

1. Where was the name wrong - on the cover letter or on the form? Or both? Obviously it was correct on the envelope so whoever did the match really screwed up.

2. mookie - what was the issue with the book? The letter said it was included at one level and the chart said it was a different level?

Please let me know any other issues with this. I am currenly on vacation but will try to let folks know about what happened.
              Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

Wouldn't mind Colin getting dealt to the Bs. I'd get to see him play more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect8RowESeat15 View Post
                  The cover letter said Dear Daniel...Everything else had my correct name and address.
                  I got "Dear Mr. O'Connell,"

Everything else was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    I got "Dear Mr. O'Connell,"

Everything else was correct.
                    I had "Dear Mr Russell" (which is not correct)....

This is not the first fundraising letter they have screwed up this year. Earlier in the year they sent a letter out soliciting donations from former athletes, and the letter was intended to be individualized to highlight the sport you played...and to get you to donate specifically to that sport. For me they had the right name in the address header, but was written to the wrong person "Dear Ms so-and-so" and also had the wrong sport.

Looks like they have to get their act together in development!

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                      Wouldn't mind Colin getting dealt to the Bs. I'd get to see him play more often.
                      I have not read anything, but I have to think there is NO chance of that happening. Nashville struck gold with Wilson. We has the skill, the style, and the looks to be the face of that franchise for many years. I'm thinking they want to get Kessel to build the youth momentum. Trading away Wilson at the same time would defeat tthe purpose.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Too late....Kessel to Toronto! Just announced tonight

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
                          Too late....Kessel to Toronto! Just announced tonight
                          Who did we get?

Edit: Draft Picks... thats not too exciting!
                          Last edited by ericredaxe; 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I have not read anything, but I have to think there is NO chance of that happening. Nashville struck gold with Wilson. We has the skill, the style, and the looks to be the face of that franchise for many years. I'm thinking they want to get Kessel to build the youth momentum. Trading away Wilson at the same time would defeat tthe purpose.
                            Obviously it's moot now, but sports are crazy, you never know.

Comment

Holy cow!! Thanks for letting me know. Need to know a couple of things:

1. Where was the name wrong - on the cover letter or on the form? Or both? Obviously it was correct on the envelope so whoever did the match really screwed up.

2. mookie - what was the issue with the book? The letter said it was included at one level and the chart said it was a different level?

Please let me know any other issues with this. I am currenly on vacation but will try to let folks know about what happened.
                              address on the cover letter and name on the FOH form were correct. the mistake (as noted all over) was in the salutation.

right under

Mr Mookie Mookie
                              222 x street
                              exexter ma 20095

Dear George,

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oh good. "Hockey East at Fenway" wasn't catchy enough, so now it's "Sun Life Frozen Fenway!"

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...09/sep16sl.php
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X