Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by terriers09 View Post
    Any ideas when single game tickets will be going on sale?
    1) are you a student?
    2) for which games?

Comment

• Re: Official Boston University 2009-2010 Pre-season thread - Let the banners rise!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Beats me. Basically, what I get out of this is that there was a debate, then they made a decision, announced that decision, and now there's more debate. I'm not sure what's changed between the last debate and the new debate.
      It would make no sense to do this at an exhibition game... of course we are talking about the BU Athletic Department here so nothing would totally surprise me... but if my memory serves me right, any banner risings have always been at the first regular season game.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        After making some phone calls, I can say that there is at least some debate. The 20th isn't set in stone, but it sounds like the 20th is still more likely than any other date.

On another note, Colby is expected to be be good to go by the season opener.
        First point, please reiterate to anyone who will listen that people are willing to fly out for this game and I could really use the information now. It makes sense to raise the banner during a regular season game.

Re: Colby, awesome.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Scarlet - get Jack on the phone. Banners at the USNDTP game would be a terrible idea, unless we are hoping to use it to land a U18 player or two
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Scarlet - get Jack on the phone. Banners at the USNDTP game would be a terrible idea, unless we are hoping to use it to land a U18 player or two
            For the most part all of those kids have already committed to somewhere by the time that game rolls around.... keep it in the terrible idea file.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I'll get confirmation on Tuesday night.
              The only reason I can see them wanting to do the banner raising on the 10th is because maybe the exhibition isn't falling under the same pre-game time limitations that a regular season is. We have a lot of banners to raise! I think they should do it on the 20th, do two of them pre-game, one during the first intermission and one during the second intermission.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hot Dog View Post
                My inside sources say the 10th.
                if you can get our friend to come and dance, i'll vote for that game.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  The only reason I can see them wanting to do the banner raising on the 10th is because maybe the exhibition isn't falling under the same pre-game time limitations that a regular season is. We have a lot of banners to raise! I think they should do it on the 20th, do two of them pre-game, one during the first intermission and one during the second intermission.
                  we do what we want, when we want, for how long we want.

joe b has a problem with that, you tell him where to get me
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    we do what we want, when we want, for how long we want.

joe b has a problem with that, you tell him where to get me
                    Not sure if it's a HE thing or NCAA thing.

Comment

There's just no way we raise the banner before the U-18 game... I mean, I understand that it would be a huge draw for a game that otherwise isn't going to make them little money, but don't they (whoever "they" is) understand that that's just not how this is supposed to be?
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        First point, please reiterate to anyone who will listen that people are willing to fly out for this game and I could really use the information now. It makes sense to raise the banner during a regular season game.
                        I have no say in any of this, so I don't have to reiterate anything. But if all of you who are complaining made a phone call and expressed your unhappiness over this possibility...
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          1) are you a student?
                          2) for which games?
                          1. Alum
                          2. Individual home games. All Agganis can tell me is 'in September'.

Comment

1. Alum
                            A box office employee two days ago said Sep 21 for the first few games, Oct 3rd for all others. Who knows how accurate that is...

Comment

1. Alum
                              I'm curious about attendance this year. Last year, I think Agganis was only sold out for Michigan (reunion weekend), the two BC games and the late NU game. Given the quality of the team and the excellent schedule, I think attendance was disappointing.

I'm not even sure the Tuesday night ND game will sell out- especially if they cramp up and raise the banners before that. Michigan will sell out since it is reunion weekend again. The BC game will sell out. That might be it for the whole year.

Early home games against Lowell, UNH, UVM should sell out simply based on last year, but probably won't. If they don't, then Merrimack won't. Then RPI, UMASS, and Merrimack again definitely won't sell out.

That brings the season to the 2nd UNH game on January 23. That could be a sell out. Students will be back and we will start to see the standings sort somewhat. A lot depends on the type of season BU is having at that point.

Anyway, ND (maybe), Michigan, and BC will be the difficult tickets. 1/23 UNH and 3/5 NU might be the other ones to buy asap. The rest you could walk up and buy one at 7pm game day. Hope I'm wrong, but...
                              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                                I'm curious about attendance this year. Last year, I think Agganis was only sold out for Michigan (reunion weekend), the two BC games and the late NU game. Given the quality of the team and the excellent schedule, I think attendance was disappointing.
                                The beginning of the year attendance was a bit lower. Based on the performance from the year before it makes some sense. There was not as much confidence we had two new freshmen goalies, some new offense, etc. and by the end of the season I would say attendance was up. I am sure you could look up the exact numbers.

As for when the banners will be raised, if there is some debate, I think it would make a lot of sense to have it during the Michigan game. It would guarantee a sellout if it was not already guaranteed which may be what the debate is about? Either way, I hope they decide soon because I would like to know which tickets to get and after that if they actually release a set date for single season tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X