PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Wicked Slappaahs
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Chris Heisenberg has Terrence Wallin playing for the NH Monarchs. That appears to be wrong. Terrence Wallin-RW NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) 6' 160 -92

Agreed. He doesn't appear on the NH roster and his name is not in the box score for either of NH's first two games. No roster or schedule appears on Gunnery's site as of yet. I'm sure they will play at Alb. Academy at least once this season.

Ralph Baer
09-23-2009, 11:56 PM
On Wednesday, the Cornwall Colts beat the Gloucester Rangers 6-4. Jacob Laliberté had 2 goals, 2 assists, and a roughing after the whistle penalty. He was named #1 star. :) http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1047966

Laliberté's line is now 6-9-6-15-4.

Edit: One goal was a PPG, the other an unassisted SHG.

Ralph Baer
09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Jacob Laliberté C Cornwall Colts (CJHL) 6- 9- 6- 15- 4 09/24/09
Matt Tinordi LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL) 6- 2- 2- 4- 17 09/25/09
Nick Bailen RD Indiana Ice (USHL) 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 09/25/09
Nick Quinn LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL) 2- 0- 0- 0- 0 09/25/09
Greg Burgdoerfer RW not playing 0- 0- 0- 0- 0

Patrick Koudys LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL) 6- 0- 1- 1- 4 09/26/09

2010 women
Madison Marzario RD Shattuck St Mary's 0- 0- 0- 0- 0

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 12:02 AM
So that drops Helfrich and Polacek off that list, but it adds Laliberté, who I forgot. Awesome awesomeness regardless, if Wallin comes to Troy.

Exactly. Wallin would be a replacement for Helfrich or Polacek on the depth chart.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Agreed. He doesn't appear on the NH roster and his name is not in the box score for either of NH's first two games. No roster or schedule appears on Gunnery's site as of yet. I'm sure they will play at Alb. Academy at least once this season.

I have the feeling that Chris Heisenberg mixed Wallin up with someone else. Nowhere else is he listed as 6' tall. I wrote to him about this a month or so ago, and all he corrected was the birth year. The link goes to someone who is 6'4".

Do you intend to try to get to see Wallin if he plays at AA?

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 03:25 AM
From Hockey's Future's CJHL thread http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=21242563&postcount=70
Laliberte is very good. He must have logged about 40 min. Supposedly, he was wearing down as last season progressed. 40 minutes per game will do it.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 06:26 AM
I like the fact that Jacob still appears committed to heading our way...time will tell of course. Although I'm not sure what field of study at the 'tute gets you to a Phys. Ed. teaching degree....:eek:

It must be Management. :D

Must be. :rolleyes:

RC,

I should have responded to this earlier. I did not mean to imply anything negative about an RPI degree in management. I was just indicating that most hockey players do major in that curriculum and have at least since I was at RPI.

Over 15 years ago, I made a flippant comment about Management over on Hockey_L, and Mike Machnik, who was a management major at RPI before leaving, stated that he felt that many of RPI's scientists and engineers would have a tough time getting through the management program. I agree with him, and I certainly would have had a tough time.

Actually, what crossed my mind was that he would probably have to take PE courses through the consortium at Siena with their basketball players. :D

redhead18
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Heres the pictures and videos I took over the weekend of Jacob and Yanik Laliberte, Nick Quinn and Patrick Koudys. There not the best quality but at least you can see what the players look like skating a shift or two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42739492@N03/

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Heres the pictures and videos I took over the weekend of Jacob and Yanik Laliberte, Nick Quinn and Patrick Koudys. There not the best quality but at least you can see what the players look like skating a shift or two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42739492@N03/

Nice work. I guess this proves again that I will never be a scout, especially of defensemen. Both Quinn and Koudys seem to position themselves well, and Quinn at least takes part in rushes. Koudys doesn't seem as thin as I had thought, but the padding may disguise things.

JL is certainly small, but doesn't seem as short as I had heard. This might, however, be due to a lot of the others on the ice also being not being that tall.

I think that I will trust our coaches recruiting talents.

It was certainly interesting to see them in action.

redhead18
09-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Nice work. I guess this proves again that I will never be a scout, especially of defensemen. Both Quinn and Koudys seem to position themselves well, and Quinn at least takes part in rushes. Koudys doesn't seem as thin as I had thought, but the padding may disguise things.

JL is certainly small, but doesn't seem as short as I had heard. This might, however, be due to a lot of the others on the ice also being not being that tall.

Quinn seemed to be more of a offensive type d-man kinda like Brutlag, where Koudys is more of a stay at home, rough em up style player. Didnt get to see much of Patrick since he was on the 3rd line pairing. Quinn and JL were on the ice what seemed like the entire game.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Quinn seemed to be more of a offensive type d-man kinda like Brutlag, where Koudys is more of a stay at home, rough em up style player. Didnt get to see much of Patrick since he was on the 3rd line pairing. Quinn and JL were on the ice what seemed like the entire game.

That all makes sense. Koudys is a rookie. Hopefully, he will move up in the depth chart during the next two years before he arrives in Troy.

BTW, any comments about Josh Jooris? I still wonder if we have any interest in him. He seems to have stepped up his game this year compared to last year.

redhead18
09-24-2009, 08:46 AM
That all makes sense. Koudys is a rookie. Hopefully, he will move up in the depth chart during the next two years before he arrives in Troy.

BTW, any comments about Josh Jooris? I still wonder if we have any interest in him. He seems to have stepped up his game this year compared to last year.
Yeah, I noticed he's been on the scoresheet quite often this year so far. Josh actually had a rough game. He was the recipient of that spear from the Stouffville goalie that got him ejected from the game. He was also in the middle of a few shoving matches between the teams, so he does like to mix it up a bit.

IIRC, he's the captain or alternate (cant quite remember) of the team this year so im sure he has good leadership skills and hes not to bad with the puck either netting 2 powerplay goals. He had plenty of good scoring chances throughout the game. I wouldnt mind seeing him in Troy.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
...Do you intend to try to get to see Wallin if he plays at AA?

Absolutely. That is, provided one of the teams actually posts a schedule between now and Thanksgiving...:eek: :D Gunnery will definitely come to AA at some point, as they play in the same league ( I know you know this :D ). I'll lay eyes Wallin and that AA keeper who apparently has some skills.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM

From what I saw of him last year, I would desrcibe JL as having a slight or slim build. I think his need for physical maturity was probably somewhere near 50% of the reason Appert asked him to defer...some kids named D'Amigo & Pirri made up the reamining %...:D

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Absolutely. That is, provided one of the teams actually posts a schedule between now and Thanksgiving...:eek: :D Gunnery will definitely come to AA at some point, as they play in the same league ( I know you know this :D ). I'll lay eyes Wallin and that AA keeper who apparently has some skills.

USHR has schedules although I don't know if they are up yet. Too bad I let my subscription lapse over the summer. If we sign Wallin, I may have to resubscribe because it may be the best place to get boxscores for prep schools.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
USHR has schedules although I don't know if they are up yet. Too bad I let my subscription lapse over the summer. If we sign Wallin, I may have to resubscribe because it may be the best place to get boxscores for prep schools.

It is my deep hope that by the time his team comes to AA, he is an RPI commit. :D

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 08:06 PM

CH must have been reading this thread http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rZN-GJH1Q0NQeXIJG47g-ug&gid=2
Terrence Wallin-RW Gunnery Prep 6' 160 4-x-92

Preliminary result of Thursday's Cornwall game. JL scored a PPG at 6:22 of period 1 :) and had a checking from behind minor penalty with a game misconduct at 8:54 of the same period :eek:. He now has as many penalty minutes as all of last year. :eek: :eek:

Edit: The misconduct apparently doesn't add to the penalty total in the CJHL.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 11:47 PM
On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Brockville Braves 5-2 for their first loss of the year. Jacob Laliberté had a PPG goal and a Checking from Behind minor penalty with a game misconduct. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1047967

Laliberté's line is now 7-10-6-16-6.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Jacob Laliberté C Cornwall Colts (CJHL) 7-10- 6- 16- 6 09/26/09
Matt Tinordi LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL) 6- 2- 2- 4- 17 09/25/09
Nick Bailen RD Indiana Ice (USHL) 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 09/25/09
Nick Quinn LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL) 2- 0- 0- 0- 0 09/25/09
Greg Burgdoerfer RW not playing 0- 0- 0- 0- 0

Patrick Koudys LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL) 6- 0- 1- 1- 4 09/26/09

2010 women
Madison Marzario RD Shattuck St Mary's 0- 0- 0- 0- 0

DrDemento
09-25-2009, 06:50 AM
CH must have been reading this thread http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rZN-GJH1Q0NQeXIJG47g-ug&gid=2
Terrence Wallin-RW Gunnery Prep 6' 160 4-x-92

Preliminary result of Thursday's Cornwall game. JL scored a PPG at 6:22 of period 1 :) and had a checking from behind minor penalty with a game misconduct at 8:54 of the same period :eek:. He now has as many penalty minutes as all of last year. :eek: :eek:

Edit: The misconduct apparently doesn't add to the penalty total in the CJHL.

Looks like he is getting ready for RPI hockey with that kind of penalty:rolleyes: