Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today the roster for Team East at the 2009 CJHL Prospects Event. From December 7th – 9th, 2009 the community of Winkler and the province of Manitoba will host the Canadian Junior Hockey League and the 5th Annual CJHL Prospects Game.

http://cjhlhockey.com/news/news_detail.html?newsID=98

RPI recruits Nick Quinn and Brock Higgs were both selected to participate for Team East.
    Good to see that they were both selected. I suspect that JL is too old for this game, even though he is still eligible for the draft.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Well it's the same league (albeit having been reshuffled in the off-season) where some kid named Pirri came out of...along with a boatload of other D1 kids, so they're doing something right in development. I think I'll trust Appert and Monty in their ability to recruit forwards.

My guess is that the excitement has something to do with descriptions indicating that Higgs plays with an edge and excels at mixing things up in front of the net that has people eager to see him in Troy...
      His offensive production has been down since he returned from the WJAC. He did miss some games due to an injury, which is perhaps still nagging him.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I think I'll trust Appert and Monty in their ability to recruit forwards.
        Well thanks ... I do appreciate your trust in my abilities.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          His offensive production has been down since he returned from the WJAC. He did miss some games due to an injury, which is perhaps still nagging him.
          Plus, you know, he doesn't keep making these all-star teams for nothing.
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
            Plus, you know, he doesn't keep making these all-star teams for nothing.
            Another thing is that he is a '92 which makes him younger than most of his teammates. Also his team has an excellent record -- one other best in Canadian Tier II hockey -- indicating he also has a lot of talented teammates who also can produce. I am quite happy that we got him.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-01-2009, 09:43 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good to see that they were both selected. I suspect that JL is too old for this game, even though he is still eligible for the draft.
              I noticed there is quite a few uncommitted players on this team. I wonder if RPI will be sending anyone out to Manitoba for these games especially since Quinn and Higgs will both be playing.
              I was kinda surprised that we recruited another forward for next year in Higgs, so maybe the coaches have a few more surprises up there sleeves.

Comment

I noticed there is quite a few uncommitted players on this team. I wonder if RPI will be sending anyone out to Manitoba for these games especially since Quinn and Higgs will both be playing.
                I was kinda surprised that we recruited another forward for next year in Higgs, so maybe the coaches have a few more surprises up there sleeves.
                It wouldn't surprise me if someone went to the tourney. I am still expecting another defenseman for 2010, and they could be looking for 2011 also.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to USHR, Salisbury is actually playing at HFH today at 3:45pm against Pomfret. I believe its part of the Salisbury Thanksgiving College Showcase being put on by Union and RPI this weekend.
                  I was also wondering what was going on and trying to look for recruits, as I saw a ton of the Pomfret kids around. Between the games Montgomery and Appert were talking to a number of people, including kids. I went down to take a look but most had moved on before I got out of the stands and he was just talking to some guy with and RPI media jacket on. My son did go over and shake his hand and tell him that he wanted to play for him when he grows up. Hope to see him go to RPI for an education, but seeing his name on the recruits tread would certainly be a treat (not that I honestly expect that).

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if someone went to the tourney. I am still expecting another defenseman for 2010, and they could be looking for 2011 also.
                    Unless Koudys shows up next year, which is hard to imagine, since I believe he's only in 11th grade. But I guess it is possible. I see theres a goalie recruit for Princeton Ryan Benitez, who's a week younger then Koudys and looks to be joining the Tigers next year.

Comment

Unless Koudys shows up next year, which is hard to imagine, since I believe he's only in 11th grade. But I guess it is possible. I see theres a goalie recruit for Princeton Ryan Benitez, who's a week younger then Koudys and looks to be joining the Tigers next year.
                      He was called an 11th grade student six months ago http://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article...spx?e=1556539/. That probably was late last academic year, so he could be a senior now. He seems to be developing rapidly, so it is possible that he is good enough to play in 2010> However I don't think that we have the scholarship funds. Then again, if Bergin's injuries are chronic, who can tell?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Then again, if Bergin's injuries are chronic, who can tell?
                        Ralph-Don't even think that out loud. We need Bergin badly-and he has seemed quite fragile up to now. I just want him to get healthy and be able to show us what he can do.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Ralph-Don't even think that out loud. We need Bergin badly-and he has seemed quite fragile up to now. I just want him to get healthy and be able to show us what he can do.
                          Sorry.

I agree that we need him.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Tuesday, the Olds Grizzlys beat the Canmore Eagles 4-3. Matt Tinordi did not dress for the first time this season. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=714123

Tinordi's line is now 30-9-10-19-36.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                              Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        24-30-23- 53- 14 12/03/09
                              Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   21- 9-16- 25- 36 12/04/09
                              Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         30- 9-10- 19- 36 12/03/09
                              Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           18- 3- 9- 12- 24 12/03/09
                              Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                       Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  11- 1- 1-  2-  6 12/04/09
                                                       Total                        21- 3- 8- 11- 12
                              Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    28- 4-17- 21- 24 12/04/09

2010 women
                              Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              10- 7- 8- 15-  0 12/27/09
                              Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 12/10/09 missing 2 games
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hey Ralph, I've always wondered. What's the method you use in placing people on that list? If I were running it the newest recruits would always be on the bottom, but you seem to interject them in different spots on the list.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X