Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Sunday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Kemptville 73s 3-2. Jacob Laliberté scored a power play goal. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1048090

Laliberté's line is now 20-25-18-43-14.
    JL seems to be routinely responsible for 50% or more of their offensive production.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      JL seems to be routinely responsible for 50% or more of their offensive production.
      By my quick count, Cornwall has scored 69 goals in the games JL has played in. (I.e., discounting the 7 he missed while at the WJAC.). He has 43 points. That means that he has been involved in 62% of Cornwall's goals. It sounds like you are correct.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

By my quick count, Cornwall has scored 69 goals in the games JL has played in. (I.e., discounting the 7 he missed while at the WJAC.). He has 43 points. That means that he has been involved in 62% of Cornwall's goals. It sounds like you are correct.
        I really like what I hear about this kid. It looks as if he can do a lot with out a great supporting cast of characters or he can fit in with top notch players and still keep scoring. I am sure there are weak spots to his game-not sure what sort of defense he can play-but if he can continue to put up numbers like he has, he will be a very welcome addition in Troy next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I really like what I hear about this kid. It looks as if he can do a lot with out a great supporting cast of characters or he can fit in with top notch players and still keep scoring. I am sure there are weak spots to his game-not sure what sort of defense he can play-but if he can continue to put up numbers like he has, he will be a very welcome addition in Troy next year.
          I'm more than happy to have a couple forwards whose defensive prowess is not that great - as long as they have the offense to make up for it. If our opponents are playing their lock down defensive guys to keep JL off the scoresheet, there's no need to worry as much about his defensive skills. Make one of his wings more responsible defensively, or put him out with one of your better defensive pairs and let them worry about the occasional breakdown. The goals scored will more than outweigh the goals allowed, I'm willing to bet.
          APBWiki

Comment

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2178784
            The Vees, No. 3 in the Canadian junior A rankings, have been playing without Brock Higgs for the past eight games.

Higgs injured his ankle while playing for Canada East at the World Junior A Challenge in Prince Edward Island.

He missed five Vees games during that week-long competition and three more because of the ankle sprain.

Higgs practised yesterday and will be back Thursday when the Vees host the Huntsville Otters.
            He can compare notes with Tyler Helfrich next year.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2178784
              He can compare notes with Tyler Helfrich next year.
              Better an ankle than a knee

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2180566
                MacInnis and Pembroke head coach Sheldon Keefe will be sharing coaching duties for the CJHL all-star team that will do battle against their counterparts from the Ontario provincial junior A league in the Battle of Ontario. The two all-star teams will meet on Jan. 1 in Cobourg and again on Jan. 2 in Pembroke. The CJHL all-star team will consist of players who suited up for Canada East and the 2009 World Jr. A Challenge as well as NCAA recruits, meaning Colts captain Jacob Laliberte will be on the roster. Brockville coach Todd Gill and Nepean bench boss Garry Galley have been tapped to coach the CJHL rookie team for the Battle of Ontario.
                MacInnis is Cornwall's coach. (I suspect that they mean the CCHL, not the Ontario Provincial league which no longer exists.)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Supposedly, we should know around Thanksgiving.
                  T-minus one week....fingers crossed.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Wednesday, the Indiana Ice beat the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 3-2 (2-0) in a shootout. Nick Bailen had roughing and interference penalties. He missed a shot in the shootout. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...gameid=1048855

Bailen's line is now 14-1-9-10-18.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                      Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        20-25-18- 43- 14 11/19/09
                      Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   15- 8-15- 23- 24 11/19/09
                      Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                               Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   7- 1- 1-  2-  4 11/20/09
                                               Total                        17- 3- 8- 11- 10
                      Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         25- 5- 6- 11- 28 11/19/09
                      Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           14- 1- 9- 10- 18 11/21/09
                      Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    22- 3- 8- 11- 16 11/20/09

2010 women
                      Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
                      Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 11/21/09
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Wednesday, the Indiana Ice beat the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 3-2 (2-0) in a shootout. Nick Bailen had roughing and interference penalties. He missed a shot in the shootout. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...gameid=1048855

Bailen's line is now 14-1-9-10-18.
                        It is interesting and must reflect on his shot and skating abilty that Bailen, a defenseman, was used as the third skater for the shootout. It is relatively rare for dmen to partipate in shootouts.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-19-2009, 09:50 AM. Reason: punctuation
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Several junior teams at the Niagara game last night -- Startford Cullitons, Streetsville, Bufalo Jr. Sabres, St. Francis H.S. (ONT) and several members of the Burlington Cougars.

Nick Quinn and his father were there and visited with Appert before the game. Appert introduced them to another father/son combo...I am unsure who this kid was, though I am certain it was not Higgs. Koudys may well have been there, but there were so many kids I can't say for sure. Josh Jooris was there. I note with interest that he is leading the Cougars in scoring with 10/39/49 in 21 games. More info later.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The best thing Niagara could do for their recruiting efforts would be to fire their DJ.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Several junior teams at the Niagara game last night -- Startford Cullitons, Streetsville, Bufalo Jr. Sabres, St. Francis H.S. (ONT) and several members of the Burlington Cougars.

Nick Quinn and his father were there and visited with Appert before the game. Appert introduced them to another father/son combo...I am unsure who this kid was, though I am certain it was not Higgs. Koudys may well have been there, but there were so many kids I can't say for sure. Josh Jooris was there. I note with interest that he is leading the Cougars in scoring with 10/39/49 in 21 games. More info later.
                              Thanks. We certainly didn't impress anyone. Of course, that could be a plus or a minus. It was mentioned on WRPI and in the TU that five former RPI players (Tony Hejna, Wayne Clarke, Terry Butryn, and Ken Kwasniewski) took the team out to dinner on Tuesday.

edit: I guess that was four former RPI players.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-19-2009, 10:05 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

... It was mentioned on WRPI and in the TU that five former RPI players (Tony Hejna, Wayne Clarke, Terry Butryn, and Ken Kwasniewski) took the team out to dinner on Tuesday.
                                Nice touch. I didn't see Coach Vines at the game, am assuming he is pounding the pavement of the Great White North. After last night's drive, I can feel for him ...and that was a perfect weather night.

Comment

Working...
                                X