Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    It certainly wouldn't shock me. If my math is right with Koudys it would make seven D-men on the roster next fall. You sure don't want any less than that.

Brutlag/Kennedy, Foss/Bergin, Quinn, Bailen & Koudys.

Appert may have left Koudys an opened ended offer that if he excelled this season, he could come in '10. With Quinn's early season turmoil with his father stepping down & him switching teams, Koudys' stock might be rising a bit -- he might be needed sooner than later?? Dunno.
    I believe Zarbo is still eligible to play next season as well.

Koudys coming in next year along with Quinn and Bailen would also fill out the remaining defence spots left by Burgdoerfer, Jensen and Merth.
    Last edited by redhead18; 11-05-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I believe Zarbo is still eligible to play next season as well.
      He is. It is also possible that Jensen is being redshirted this year.

The thing about Koudys coming in early is that he is in the 11th grade this year. Will he be able to get a HS diploma even if he goes to school this summer?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        In my defence, Wallin is 17...but I'll defer to your M.D....
        At 17 he could still add some size-he may yet become a DocD sized forward
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It looks like height for boys really starts leveling off at 16 http://www.engineeringtoolbo*****/ag...ls-d_1552.html. Only about an inch is gained after that.
          Very good reference-these graphs have changed slightly since my days in medical school in the 60's. Kids seem to reach their maximum height a tad sooner now than then-perhaps better nutrition or medical care or whatever. I was always taught that 18 was the top of the curve but it does seem that it is now shifting more towards 17 and even closer to 16. (for girls it is even earlier)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            ...Kids seem to reach their maximum height a tad sooner now than then-perhaps better nutrition or medical care or whatever. I was always taught that 18 was the top of the curve but it does seem that it is now shifting more towards 17 and even closer to 16. (for girls it is even earlier)
            Its all that yummy BHT in the milk..the hormones are good for the cow, so they certainly must be good for the kids, right?? errrr....
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

He is. It is also possible that Jensen is being redshirted this year.

The thing about Koudys coming in early is that he is in the 11th grade this year. Will he be able to get a HS diploma even if he goes to school this summer?
              Details details. I'm not even sure diplomas are a requirement anymore what with all these new-fangled admissions policies and whatnot...
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

An article about Jacob Laliberte and his counterpart on TCW http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...r_id/67563.htm
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An article about Jacob Laliberte and his counterpart on TCW http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...r_id/67563.htm
                  In that article they indicate that both players have SCHOLARSHIPS to both RPI and Union respectively. When did Union start awarding athletic scholarships? Also a little unsettling is that Bodie leaning over is as tall as Laliberte standing up But I would take this 5'6" forward anytime, anyplace and anyhow-he would score anywhere.

Comment

Too bad JL will be forced to light up his blue liner friend next season.

Comment

In that article they indicate that both players have SCHOLARSHIPS to both RPI and Union respectively. When did Union start awarding athletic scholarships? Also a little unsettling is that Bodie leaning over is as tall as Laliberte standing up But I would take this 5'6" forward anytime, anyplace and anyhow-he would score anywhere.
                      Just a reporter miscue Doc...remove "scholarship" and insert "foreign aid".

Comment

My understanding is that there is some sort of provision for awarding money to international students at Union, and they consider Canadians to be in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                          My understanding is that there is some sort of provision for awarding money to international students at Union, and they consider Canadians to be in that group.
                          Sounds familiar

Comment

Exactly.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

But it does sound better when they say that they do not award athletic scholarships at Union

Comment

JL is the one leaning over. They combined two pictures, and not particularly well.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X