Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I have already seen 3 sets of measurements on this kid-not sure which to believe but they are not all that far off from each other. I may just take the average and go with that. He does sound like a recruit that would add a lot for us.
    I know its been awhile since your Orthopaedic rotation Doc, but generally speaking, kids get bigger as they get older.... Just teasin' ...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      RPI recruit Nick Bailen has been named USHL Defensive Player of the Week.

http://www.indianaice.com/news.php?id=941
      171 games? They're gonna name the rink after him !
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I know its been awhile since your Orthopaedic rotation Doc, but generally speaking, kids get bigger as they get older.... Just teasin' ...
        Not once the boys reach this age-the growth spurts are not seen in 18, 19, and 20 year olds. The weight can change greatly but not the height. Remember we are not dealing with young teenagers here.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 11-05-2009, 06:38 AM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

171 games? They're gonna name the rink after him !
          Nah, he's bailen' out after this year.

Thanks for finding that. I have really been slipping lately.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-05-2009, 05:41 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Not once the boys reach this age-the growth spurts are not seen in 18, 19, and 20 year olds. The weight can change greatly but not the height. Remember we are not dealing with young teenagers here.
            In my defence, Wallin is 17...but I'll defer to your M.D....

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Nah, he's bailen' out after this year.

Thanks for finding that. I have really been slipping lately.
              While I'm happy to accept any/all praise deserved or otherwise, in all honesty it was RedHead dug up the Bailen piece. Look out for the banana peel Ralph!

Comment

A month-old article about Patrick Koudys that hasn't been posted here http://www.burlingtonpost.com/news/article/281933
                Koudys was drafted by the Oshawa Generals last year but he won’t be following his father’s footsteps through the OHL. He’s already made a verbal commitment to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. The commitment is for 2011 — good news for the Cougars — but that timetable may change based on his progress this season.
                A year earlier?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another little blurb about Wallin from the NE Nordiques website....not sure how they have inside intel, but whatever:

"....Terrance Wallin of The Gunnery. Terrance is listed as a “C” player on the (NHL CSB) list and has been highly recruited; expect him to make a commitment very soon."

http://www.newenglandnordiques.com/

Also, FWIW - the NHL CSB has him listed at 5'10.5" 166 lbs., RW
                  I've heard there's a chance he'll make a commitment by Thanksgiving, and while he does have a few options, Lowell/RPI are in the thick of it.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    A month-old article about Patrick Koudys that hasn't been posted here http://www.burlingtonpost.com/news/article/281933 A year earlier?
                    It certainly wouldn't shock me. If my math is right with Koudys it would make seven D-men on the roster next fall. You sure don't want any less than that.

Brutlag/Kennedy, Foss/Bergin, Quinn, Bailen & Koudys.

Appert may have left Koudys an opened ended offer that if he excelled this season, he could come in '10. With Quinn's early season turmoil with his father stepping down & him switching teams, Koudys' stock might be rising a bit -- he might be needed sooner than later?? Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I've heard there's a chance he'll make a commitment by Thanksgiving, and while he does have a few options, Lowell/RPI are in the thick of it.
                      He was in Troy recently and he seemed to be enjoying his visit....Pirri and D'Amigo were showing him where his locker would be -- right between them !

Comment

He was in Troy recently and he seemed to be enjoying his visit....
                        He was also in Lowell for the BU game, so ...
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          He was also in Lowell for the BU game, so ...
                          Courtesy visit.

Comment

Could be. It wouldn't surprise me if those measures are from last season.
                            It looks like height for boys really starts leveling off at 16 http://www.engineeringtoolbo*****/ag...ls-d_1552.html. Only about an inch is gained after that.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Courtesy visit.
                              You mean like when Colin Greening came to Troy the day after verbally committing to Cornell?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Courtesy visit.
                                Maybe.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X