Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Hi guys, friendly Red Wings fan here ..... Just curious, how is Brendan Smith's defense looking this year? And what's your overall take on him at this point? I've been following him his entire college career (since he was drafted) and got to see him in many games last year, so I know how he plays and I'm aware of his past defensive woes (as well as his superior skating and offensive ability, of course!). I'm hoping to hear he is making strides in that department. I haven't seen a Badgers game yet this year (I should get to see tonight's game though), so I figured I'd search out some informed opinions

Comment

Aye aye aye aye.......Jesus hates Wisconsin!
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
      Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
        Aye aye aye aye.......Jesus hates Wisconsin!
        Yager approves.

Comment

I can't believe I haven't chimed in about Wisconsin yet this season... Guess I've been too busy to bother. Anyway, at this point I'm really liking what I'm seeing, but we need to be able to string together two good nights consistently. I'm really enjoying the offensive surge as of late, I hope to see that continue, because if the Badgers are going to go anywhere this season they have to make their chances count, especially against teams like Denver and North Dakota. Can't wait to see another beat down of the Huskies tonight, and here's to hoping we can close out next weekend in North Dakota with a series split at the very least.
          Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
            Who here is old enough to remember how controversial “When you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all” was?
            I don't remember any controversy. I remember the part that A-Busch was elated to have it used in Miller territory. Enough so that they waived the royalties on the jingle so that the UW band could use it at will.
            I also remember a Bud tv ad that had the UW band playing the song.

Comment

Hi guys, friendly Red Wings fan here ..... Just curious, how is Brendan Smith's defense looking this year? And what's your overall take on him at this point?
              He's a great goal scorer and is a very offensive minded defensemen. His defense can be good, but he has mental lapses that has costed us goals and maybe games this year. His plus/minus was among the worst on the team a few weeks ago, but it has moved up to +3. He's been great at facilitating with 16 assists so far, but we'll see if he can stop the defensive mistakes. There has been suggestions in this thread that he could possibly move to forward when he ends up in the NHL, but that is just speculation. We take the good with the bad in Brendan Smith.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Random thoughts

-UNH has turned their season around, which will only help UW's PWR
                -Did anyone else think Tech quit playing in the 2nd period?
                -To Tech’s credit…any other team in the WCHA down that much would have been “fighting” after every whistle
                -Bendy is a one-man wrecking crew on the PK. His hard work over the last three years are finally paying off
                -We have three strong PK lines
                -This team has the role players that the title team had…Grotting, Bendy, Johnson, and Bomber…Ramage as well
                -This is one of the fastest Badger teams in program history
                -B Smith will not be a Badger next year..nor will Mcdon
                -The Badger Hockey Showdown will feature four ranked teams….probably the first time in the history of the tourney
                -Tonight’s game will be close, but I feel the Badgers will win 4-1
                -What’s up with Minny?
                -CC played hard against Denver last night. They are for real….same with UMD

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                  He's a great goal scorer and is a very offensive minded defensemen. His defense can be good, but he has mental lapses that has costed us goals and maybe games this year. His plus/minus was among the worst on the team a few weeks ago, but it has moved up to +3. He's been great at facilitating with 16 assists so far, but we'll see if he can stop the defensive mistakes. There has been suggestions in this thread that he could possibly move to forward when he ends up in the NHL, but that is just speculation. We take the good with the bad in Brendan Smith.
                  Thanks for the reply! I really hope he can clean up those defensive lapses too. Based on the murmurs that have come from the Wings brass, it doesn't sound like they have any plans to try to convert him to forward. The Wings absolutely covet offensive, puck-moving defensemen, and a guy can always learn defense (as opposed to offense). I'm excited to get to see him play tonight.

Comment

Smith can really move the puck, he's got the talent. He needs to improve his decision making and pick his spots better. Once he does that, he's got a whole lot of potential.
                    "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                      UNH has turned their season around, which will only help UW's PWR
                      UNH is a team that is setting themselves up really well for the Hockey East standings, but hosing themselves for the NCAA's.

They are 6-2-2 in HEA.
                      But they are 0-4-1 in OOC play.

Ouch.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

sieve99 over at buckyville has a great shot, taken from UWBadgers.com

*****http://i239.***********.com/albums/ff94/jeronimo999/4027967.jpg******

Now that's great team defense.
                        "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

UW needs to put back to back nights together. They have been unable to do this so far this season.

Good to see Lee scratch out his first goal. Is there any D in college hockey that is faster end to end than UW's crew? Smith, Gardiner, and Schultz are big time fast, and Smith is tearing it up this season. While he does have the occasional hiccup, he has improved by leaps and bounds.

Geoffrion is playing great hockey, and I think the lines are starting to even out just a bit.

Tech was just awful, but I think the boys have to be ready for a bit more of a tussle tonight. UW goes into UND with some momentum and starts getting on a roll...look out.

Watched Minny last night. I don't know what is going on there, but they look slow, overmatched, and lost out there. I have never seen a Minnesota team flail around like this one. Minnesota State is decent, but I'm just not sure what's going on in Dinkytown.

Also note that Derek Stepan is quietly getting points and starting to play like we all know he can. He's got to produce for this team to win, and he's doing just that.

Wisconsin Hockey: Back to Back
                          "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
                            UW needs to put back to back nights together. They have been unable to do this so far this season.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: Back to Back
                            How was that for back to back nights. Now let's hope they can do it against a quality team.
                            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Tech is in for a long season.

How much fun was that 5 minute power play?!?

B Smith is putting up a lot of points.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping that Stepan, Gardiner, and Ramage don't make the World Juniors. We are really going to need them at the Showdown and it's unfortunate that they have to miss regular season time for a meaningless hockey tournament. Maybe that's just me being selfish, though.
                                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X