Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Would you girls get a room already?

Comment

• Rumble Rink

Hey there, Badgers. I inquired about this in the 'foul-mouthed student section' thread and didn't get a response, so I figured I'd ask here: Is the 'Rumble Rink' cheer still a part of Badger Hockey games? When I was a student in Madison and the Badgers played at the Dane County Colluseum, between periods 2 and 3 a couple (3?) kids whose identity was obscured would appear on the balcony at one end of the ice holding a hockey stick off which was dangling a rubber chicken. The place would get dead-quiet and the chicken dudes would chant something like 'Is this not the Rumble Rink?' and the entire - I mean ENTIRE - crowd would reply 'Yes, this is the Rumble Rink'. It went on for several other Q and As and ended with everyone chanting 'Rumble Rink, Rumble Rink...' It was crazy-Stepford-drink-the-koolaid fun. My brother was visiting and attended a game once and it completely freaked him out.

Is this still done?
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Oh geeze, now we're going to have to hear about that from MCR again.

It's no longer done...hasn't been for a good 15-20 years, I believe. A couple of true fans here have attempted or wanted to attempt to get it going again, but the general stupidity of the students today has made it a lost cause, I think.

Comment

Well, it was never so much a team cheer as it was a cheer led by that one guy.

It would be like if Phil left. No one can fill those shoes.

As it is, something new comes along.
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Thanks for the info. It was a looooong time ago, to be sure.
            Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

- The guys who came up with "What the F" after the "drop the puck" drum cadence should be lined up and shot. Or, at the very least, they should be made to s*it hot knives. They sat next to my group in 113/4 for two seasons (06-07 and 07-08, if I remember correctly). I'm pretty sure they weren't even students anymore. One was bald. The other guy had long, wavy hair (looked kind of like Mark Boone Junior) and always wore a top hat for some reason. I'm describing them so, if you guys ever see them, you can tell them that they can go eat a bag of dicks. I'm secretly hoping that one of them posts here. Rep me and let me know how I can find you. I just might do it, just to tell you what a bunch of tools you guys are. They showed up late for every single game, rarely before the first intermission. They just started shouting "what the F!!!" really loud after every "drop the puck" drum cadence. They thought it was hilarious. I can't believe its caught on. This is your student section, people.
              This chant was popular 25 years ago when I first started getting season tickets at the Dane and the band played over the top of the glass. It seemed to go away for a while, but now its back.

Comment

Bloski and Red Freak,

So if we apply a little science...one goal per 2 minute power play cannot be exceeded....kind of like the speed of light at 186,000 miles per second cannot be exceeded. So then when a team scores five or more goals in a five minute major, is that tantamount to Darth Helmet taking his ship to Ludicrous Speed in "Space Balls" the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                  Bloski and Red Freak,

So if we apply a little science...one goal per 2 minute power play cannot be exceeded....kind of like the speed of light at 186,000 miles per second cannot be exceeded. So then when a team scores five or more goals in a five minute major, is that tantamount to Darth Helmet taking his ship to Ludicrous Speed in "Space Balls" the movie?
                  Was the part where I noted I was talking specifically and only about your standard, 2 minute minor penalty not clear enough?
                  "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
                    Was the part where I noted I was talking specifically and only about your standard, 2 minute minor penalty not clear enough?
                    That's it, I am going to have to reveal that my Schwartz is bigger than yours. And, no, I didn't take the time to read much ofthe pp correspondence.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                      That's it, I am going to have to reveal that my Schwartz is bigger than yours.
                      I think you understand Blockski, my friend.

Comment

There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry!

my other blog

Comment

It's almost Friday! 60 min is almost in love!
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            Oh geeze, now we're going to have to hear about that from MCR again.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                              This chant was popular 25 years ago when I first started getting season tickets at the Dane and the band played over the top of the glass. It seemed to go away for a while, but now its back.
                              Speaking of older chants, can we get the kids, or maybe us slightly older kids to start the .....whatever call it cheer below

rat goal scored by "mcpuke" "WHO?"
                              assisted by "loser" "SO WHAT"
                              rat goal scored by mcpuke assited by loser "BIG DEAL"

****.....we used to have a much more lively game as far as fan participation 20 years ago.

and waaaaay back whe, UW had a guy who went to the box so often he shoulda stayed camped in there. Gary Bunz I think or maybe it was Suter. regardless, the crowd always shouted "Hi Gary" when he skated toward the box.

I think we might have to bring that back for one of our guys who takes excessive penalties
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love
                                "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

Comment

Working...
                                X