Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Why kill the Showcase when you want to play the B11 teams? I'd keep the Showcase, ditch the showdown and add OSU in place of the Showdown, each team travelling every other year. Now you're playing all 4 B11 teams at least once.

UW could also get into the Great Lakes Invatational as well to fill the2 game void of the Showdown.

The article also indicates Eaves wants to play more cupcakes to bump up UW's winning percentage. Coach, How about just get your young men to play well enough to beat any and all and not worry about how good the teams you are playing are? If you have schedule cupcakes to enhance your chances to win, well, just quit now and we'll find someone who will beat the best of the best since you don't think you can.

Maybe that's why he floated switching to the CCHA? CCHA = Cupcakes?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

No, Barry floated the idea of moving to the CCHA - Eaves firmly squashed it.

There are so many moving parts here and contradictory statements, it's impossible to discern exactly what's going on.
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        First you wanted to bolt to the CCHA. Then you wanted to form the BTHC. Now this. What gives?
        Are you talking to me?

None of us wants any of this crap. It's our idiot AD who wants this. You know, the same guy who thought that Bielema would make a good head football coach?

Never liked Barry all that much, but respected and was happy with his results on the field. Unfortunately he's trying to apply logic and Big Ten thinking to a team/sport that doesn't fit into that space. Believe me, we as a fan base have not been polled on these matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Believe me, we as a fan base have not been polled on these matters.
          Which is ironic, considering a privately run enterprise like the Chicago Blackhawks asks for (and listens to) input from their fanbase more than a team from a public university.

Comment

Are you talking to me?

None of us wants any of this crap. It's our idiot AD who wants this. You know, the same guy who thought that Bielema would make a good head football coach?
            *Laughing & spitting Diet Dew all over.*

I agree; I know of NOBODY who wants this ****.

NOBODY = True fans
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

The Showcase needs to stay in some format. The Showdown in the current format can be allowed to die as far as I'm concerned. It was cool in Milwaukee with top notch teams. Right now it's just two more games at the Kohl Center against mediocre teams when students are out and a couple of the program's best players are off playing Juniors.

On the Smith hit, I did see it on the highlights and I had no beef whatsoever with the game+ he automatically got from the DQ. However, I thought the additional game was a little overkill because it's not like has a track record with this stuff. I'm not really complaining because it was a dangerous play and he put himself in this situation. I just thought it was unnecessary. I guess sure Irwin having to miss this weekend probably had something do with the decision.
              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Are you talking to me?

Never liked Barry all that much, but respected and was happy with his results on the field. Unfortunately he's trying to apply logic and Big Ten thinking to a team/sport that doesn't fit into that space. Believe me, we as a fan base have not been polled on these matters.
                He's your reprsentative. The college hockey world is very confused about Wisconsin's attitude towards Men's hockey.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  He's your reprsentative.
                  Well, Al Franken is your representative, but I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that you've got your head up your ***, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                    Well, Al Franken is your representative, but I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that you've got your head up your ***, too.
                    Touche'
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Andy Wozniewski is leading the AHL in scoring...huh?!?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                        Andy Wozniewski is leading the AHL in scoring...huh?!?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers
                        http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=49443

He almost has more points than his best year at UW.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                          One of the best quality comebacks of all time (wish I would have said it).

But I'm disappointed in Wisconsin's direction on breaking up the Showcase and not scheduling top Eastern nonconference foes.

Comment

Man it sucks having Dish Network if you are a Badger fan.
                            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

I never thought I'd say this, but Charter rocks. Channel 87.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Great effort tonight, just hope we get better at finishing. It's becoming a trend to just miss although maybe our puck luck has just been bad and it will turn starting with the third goal tonight. We absolutely dominated and the score was closer than the game play.

Man is the crowd getting lamer by the week or is it just me?

Great job Bucky! Now let's see if we've learned how to do it two nights in a row yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X