Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Stooch = Restuccia. It was never mentioned in a post lol, it's just a nickname.
    Duh on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Padstack View Post
      Three of the last four games were shutouts. Any predictions on the battle of Comm. Ave. tonight. Hux, are you planning to attend the thumping of UNH in a couple of weeks? Can you clear your camera with security this time?
      Have to see if there's a thumping of UNH on North Harvard St., first!
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Yeah, we lost 4-0, but we should be happy in one important moral victory: everyone got through the game with their ACLs intact, despite the best efforts of Melissa Anderson.

Anderson went after Tracy Johnson with another knee to knee job, then threw in a slash to the ankle for good measure... with under 2:00 left and a 4-0 lead. Absolutely bush league.

Tracy Johnson is lucky that today wasn't unintentionally made into Senior Day for her. Unreal.

The Conte Forum scoreboard has video of the incident, so there's no excuse for Hockey East not at least taking a look at the incident. If it's clear on the video, a one game suspension would be warranted.

The ref wouldnt have even noticed if not for the slash at the end - neither of them saw the knee to knee. But the video will show it. Review it, Mr. Bertagna - or whoever's in charge of these things on the women's side.
        Last edited by joegrav; 11-19-2009, 06:12 AM.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

In other news, Haber is an outstanding goalie. What a great job she did. Same goes for the BU penalty kill which withstood something like 6 PPs.
          -

Comment

I'll post more later, but... Unbelievable. The most ridiculous, inexcusable bull$#!+ I've ever seen at the college level. That joke of a 10 minute misconduct at the end was worthless, it needed to be a game DQ. Hockey East needs to review the video and act accordingly. I've never been so angry.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
              In other news, Haber is an outstanding goalie. What a great job she did.
              Easily one of the top 10 games played by a goalie I've seen in my 4 years.

Comment

She really stood on her head late in the first period, making a few ridiculous saves when BC came close to sinking one in the final minutes and cutting the deficit to 2-1. That would have made a huge difference.

She also turned aside some great bids early in the 2nd.

I think BC ended up with 36 shots... I think it was 30 really early in the third period, then things sort of disintegrated when the game was out of reach. BC really did create a lot of chances. Great work by Haber.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  I'll post more later, but... Unbelievable. The most ridiculous, inexcusable bull$#!+ I've ever seen at the college level. That joke of a 10 minute misconduct at the end was worthless, it needed to be a game DQ. Hockey East needs to review the video and act accordingly. I've never been so angry.
                  Please explain for those of us who may have been in Cambridge or .......anyplace other than Chestnut Hill??
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Last two minutes of the game. Totally away from the play, way behind, back in the BC zone. Anderson skates at Tracy Johnson, sticks out her knee and does a knee-to-knee hit, staggering Johnson a bit; then Anderson slashed Johnson in the ankle. Ref noticed the slash and called two minutes. Then s/he (I forget which ref it was) probably heard about the knee-to-knee because after initially calling a two minute minor, the ref tacked on a ten minute misconduct and sent Anderson to the locker room.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      Last two minutes of the game. Totally away from the play, way behind, back in the BC zone. Anderson skates at Tracy Johnson, sticks out her knee and does a knee-to-knee hit, staggering Johnson a bit; then Anderson slashed Johnson in the ankle. Ref noticed the slash and called two minutes. Then s/he (I forget which ref it was) probably heard about the knee-to-knee because after initially calling a two minute minor, the ref tacked on a ten minute misconduct and sent Anderson to the locker room.
                      Anderson's move to take out Johnson didn't make Johnson go to the ice but Anderson went down as a result. While she was down on the ice, she hacked at Tracy's ankle.

I don't remember exactly what Anderson did initially to Tracy, but it was directed toward the leg and was an attempt to take her out. I don't remember if it was knee to knee, a low hip check, or what, but it was something toward the knee. But yeah, I don't remember what specifically, but I was screaming at the top of my lungs even before the slash to the ankle while down on the ice. Joe can attest to that.

I believe it was the right knee - I can't remember if that was the ACL that Anderson tore last year.
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-18-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I dont know what game you were watching but you are being absolutely ridiculous

go back and look at the picture from last year where ms johnson got hurt, ms anderson had no intention of harming her and her injury only came about bc ms anderson was going incredibly out of her way to avoid crashing into the BC goalie

you might think ms anderson is a dirty player but she it just a young woman who goes out there with her entire heart and leaves it all out on the ice, she wears her heart on her sleeve and if she draws a couple penalties while doing so who is going to complain

as for tonight
                        first ms johnson got a penalty earlier for body checking as she look the opportunity to slam ms anderson into the boards as she was coming down on a one-on-one

and for the "knee-to-knee" hit you are so outraged about ms johnson had tripped ms anderson (one of the many times bc players sticking happened to get caught in her feet) frustrated with the lack of calls that bu had received throughout the game ms anderson slashed ms johnson on the shin guards which the ref saw and called the penalty

she received the additional misconduct for arguing with the ref about the initial trip that s/he failed to see

your gross overstatements are both absurd and slanderous.

Comment

Where to begin on this little nugget?
                          Originally posted by fanopuck View Post
                          you might think ms anderson is a dirty player but she it just a young woman who goes out there with her entire heart and leaves it all out on the ice, she wears her heart on her sleeve and if she draws a couple penalties while doing so who is going to complain
                          No, no, no, no, no... No. And still no.

When you "leave it all on the ice," you may have the occasional body checking penalty by skating hard to the puck, the occasional overzealous stickwork leading to a trip or a hook, or what have you. If your couple penalties are 1) an angry slash away from the play, and 2) unsportsmanlike conduct for going at someone's knee, that is not "leaving it all on the ice," that is being a dirty player.
                          as for tonight
                          first ms johnson got a penalty earlier for body checking as she look the opportunity to slam ms anderson into the boards as she was coming down on a one-on-one
                          This is not relevant... at all. You, by your own description, just described a penalty that came from overzealous defending on a one-on-one. That's hockey. Not every penalty has malicious intent, and it should be obvious when they are and when they are not. CLEARLY a bodycheck along the boards while defending a one-on-one is not malicious intent.
                          and for the "knee-to-knee" hit you are so outraged about ms johnson had tripped ms anderson (one of the many times bc players sticking happened to get caught in her feet)
                          That's bull$#!+. I am sorry, that is not what happened. Unless Anderson is your daughter or you have a relationship to her in some way, there's no way your eyes could have been deceived so completely into seeing what you wanted to see so badly.

I was looking right at TJ and Anderson, even though it was away from the puck. Anderson was behind TJ, so your accusation of her stick being used to trip Anderson is immediately bull$#!+. Plus, aside from that, it didn't happen. I'd be shocked if TJ even knew Anderson was behind her, as she wasn't even looking at her.
                          frustrated with the lack of calls that bu had received throughout the game ms anderson slashed ms johnson on the shin guards which the ref saw and called the penalty
                          It was on the ankle. But regardless of where the stick hit TJ, please allow me to take three seconds to do some html formatting so I can make this perfectly clear to you:

THAT IS A DIRTY PLAY.

Anderson was frustrated that bu wasn't getting penalties called their way, so she HACKS AT TRACY JOHNSON'S ANKLE WITH HER STICK?! You say that like it's an acceptable way to vent her frustration. Are you freaking kidding me?

And this wasn't a little jab at the leg. This was a full on hack at the ankle while down on the ice.

I just need to requote this to be sure I understood you correctly...
                          frustrated with the lack of calls that bu had received throughout the game ms anderson slashed ms johnson on the shin guards which the ref saw and called the penalty
                          But no. Anderson is "leaving it all out on the ice." Unbelievable. You are a joke.
                          she received the additional misconduct for arguing with the ref about the initial trip that s/he failed to see
                          O RLY? Wow, that's the first 10 minute misconduct I've ever seen for arguing with the referee.
                          your gross overstatements are both absurd and slanderous.
                          Great. Now go and support your little Scud missile in your own thread and next time you see her, tell her it's okay, hacking at another player because you're upset is encouraged because it's just you "leaving it all on the ice." The next time she ends a player's season, they'll understand.

Comment

Also, if you didn't type like a 12 year old girl on AIM, you might get a little more credibility.

Comment

I don't doubt that the 10 was for arguing, she did argue quite vociferously on the way to the box. I think the initial hit warranted a sanction, though.
                              -

Comment

BC was actually 0-for-8 on the PP, making them now 4-for-62 on the season.

Wow. I knew the numbers weren't good, but I didn't know they were that bad. That's really troubling and something that needs to be straightened out if BC's going to improve on the ~1.8 GPG average

I thought the BC PP was better than it had been in most recent games, generating some real chances with quality puck movement, particularly late in the first period. But as I said before, Haber... wow. A few real flashy pad saves denied shots that looked ticketed for the back of the net.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X