Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Good job Eagles. I was doubtful, but you proved me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
      Big, big, big victory for the Eagles this evening.
      Oh, yes. That was quite a huge win to take 2 points from bu.
      On the web feed, seemed like BC played with much more confidence than in past games.
      I mentioned that to Joe as we went on a post-game victory stroll to Qdoba. They played with a great deal of confidence; it was as though Schaus was behind them.
      Puck was moved out of their own zone much more effectively; congrats to the D for this effort.
      Absolutely. It was definitely noticeable.
      BU did dominate the shots...
      Shot count was bullspit. It was much closer to 55/45 in favor of bu.
      ...but Boyles was once again on her A game
      Boyles is RIDONK. She also had the save of the YEAR, a ridiculous glove/stick save with the puck behind her.
      BC made the most of their opportunities.
      Definitely. Hart almost came in and scored on a break as well but clanged the post.
      This is a young team and getting two points against rival BU should only boost the team's confidence.
      Huge, huge, huge for the confidence. I completely agree.
      Congrats to Motherwell on her first collegiate goal off of a nice feed from Restuccia and Thunstrom displaying her breakaway speed in netting the first goal of the game.
      UVM this weekend should be more excitement.
      Gotta be on our game though. Will THE INCOMPARABLE JACKIE THODE be playing? I heard from a pretty good source that she was injured.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Oh, and by the way: A nice big **** YOU to the BUPD officer who pulled us aside as we walked through the door to tell us that he had heard "all about us" and would be keeping a close eye on us so that we "keep it clean for the kids."

I usually have a lot of respect for campus police officers, regardless of their affiliation, but what the hell is with that? If you've heard "all about us" you would have heard that we're probably the most (respectful + loud + supportive) women's hockey fans in the country.

So, in short: Bite me. Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
          BC 2, BU1

Outstanding team win....congrats Eagles!

Iceisnice's stars of the game:
          Thunstrom
          Motherwell
          TonytheTiger and his trumpet! (no doubt, the eagles "7th man")
          Thank you, sir Good to see you tonight!

I'd say it was clearly:

1) Boyles
          2) Thunstrom
          3) Motherwell

Hart also had a great game. I noticed her a ton. She might not be the fastest skater out there, but she is a solid player. Very strong on the puck.

What was with the reffing today??

Comment

*****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/boyles01.jpg******
            Corinne Boyles turns aside a golden Terrier opportunity with an incredible lunging stick save.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Gotta be on our game though. Will THE INCOMPARABLE JACKIE THODE be playing? I heard from a pretty good source that she was injured.
              No, I believe you'll have to face the incomparable one this weekend.

Comment

Oh, and by the way: A nice big **** YOU to the BUPD officer who pulled us aside as we walked through the door to tell us that he had heard "all about us" and would be keeping a close eye on us so that we "keep it clean for the kids."

I usually have a lot of respect for campus police officers, regardless of their affiliation, but what the hell is with that? If you've heard "all about us" you would have heard that we're probably the most (respectful + loud + supportive) women's hockey fans in the country.

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                  *****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/boyles01.jpg******
                  Corinne Boyles turns aside a golden Terrier opportunity with an incredible lunging stick save.
                  That was my aforementioned "save of the year." Nuts.
                  Originally posted by Livinhocky View Post
                  No, I believe you'll have to face the incomparable one this weekend.
                  Well, good to hear she's healthy again. Bad to hear that we have to face her.

Comment

*****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/Thunstromgoal.jpg******
                    Homefree: Streaking down right wing and then darting across the crease, Allie Thunstrom got BU's Melissa Haber moving sideways, opening the five hole, where she tucked home the game's first goal.

Comment

*****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/motherwell01.jpg******

Not to be outdone, freshman phenom Ashley Motherwell launched a veritable missile over the outstretched stick and through the legs of Haber to notch the game-winning goal in the third.
                      Last edited by vellnueve; 11-03-2009, 07:45 AM.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Sweet shot. (The photo)

That sure was a bomb. I'd been jumping out of the way had I seen her about to step into that "teed up" gift.

Comment

Our guys get the SAME treatment in that barn. Must be that they're afraid a cheering section is going to break out
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

How dare you insult barns! Barns have much better lighting

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                              Sweet shot. (The photo)

That sure was a bomb. I'd been jumping out of the way had I seen her about to step into that "teed up" gift.
                              BTW, have I mentioned how much the lighting at WBA sucks?

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                                BTW, have I mentioned how much the lighting at WBA sucks?
                                I Agree
                                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Working...
                                X