Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Wisconsin's track record for moving players on to the next level speaks for itself. In the history of the program, 64 players that have worn the treasured Wisconsin sweater have played the game at it's highest level. Last season alone, the Badgers had 16 former players playing in the show. With first round draft picks Ryan McDonagh, Jake Gardiner, and Brendan Smith along with second round picks Derek Stepan, Cody Goloubef, Blake Geoffrion, and Justin Schultz, that number is poised to continue to grow.

What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Here is a breakdown of the current committed recruits, with help from the wonderful site that Chris Heisenburg has put together to aid in our recruiting addiction.

2010 Forward Recruits:
    Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
    Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
    Gavin Hartzog-Fargo Force (USHL)-Milwaukee, WI
    Tyler Lapic-Omaha Lancers (USHL)-New Prague, MN
    Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
    Cody Strang-Youngstown Phantons (USHL)-Madison, WI
    Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

2010 Defense Recruits:
    Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
    Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

2011 Forward Recruits:
    Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
    Matt Paape-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Appleton, WI

2011 Defense Recruits:
    Troy Hesketh-Minnetonka High School (MN)-Minnetonka, MN

2012 Forward Recruits:
    Corbin Mcguire-Taft Prep

2012 Defense Recruits:
    Jordan Schmaltz-Chicago Mission Midget Majors-Verona, WI
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 08-20-2009, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Wisconsin Recruiting: By the Bright Shining Light, By the Light of the Moon

I need to start being a little quicker on the draw here.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Here is a breakdown of the current committed recruits, with help from the wonderful site that Chris Heisenburg has put together to aid in our recruiting addiction.

2010 Forward Recruits:
        Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
        Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
        Gavin Hartzog-Fargo Force (USHL)-Milwaukee, WI
        Tyler Lapic-Omaha Lancers (USHL)-New Prague, MN
        Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
        Cody Strang-Youngstown Phantons (USHL)-Madison, WI
        Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

2010 Defense Recruits:
        Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
        Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

2011 Forward Recruits:
        Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
        Matt Paape-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Appleton, WI

2011 Defense Recruits:
        Troy Hesketh-Minnetonka High School (MN)-Minnetonka, MN

2012 Forward Recruits:
        Corbin Mcguire-Taft Prep

2012 Defense Recruits:
        Jordan Schmaltz-Chicago Mission Midget Majors-Verona, WI
        Not a whole lot of Blue Chippers or highly touted players on that list, granted it is a little early yet but could it be a rough couple years after this season? It would be nice to bring in a couple guys like Blake Geoffrion or Ben Street, good 3 or 4 year players that contribute right away. I realize Ben Street in undrafted but he was a highly recruited player who contributed right away, there was a very small learning curve for him...
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          Not a whole lot of Blue Chippers or highly touted players on that list, granted it is a little early yet but could it be a rough couple years after this season?
          Don't worry. These guys are just filler until the sexier recruits come along.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            Not a whole lot of Blue Chippers or highly touted players on that list, granted it is a little early yet but could it be a rough couple years after this season? It would be nice to bring in a couple guys like Blake Geoffrion or Ben Street, good 3 or 4 year players that contribute right away. I realize Ben Street in undrafted but he was a highly recruited player who contributed right away, there was a very small learning curve for him...
            I disagree on the dmen, Simonelli is under the radar right now, Hesketh should be great and Schmaltz has a way to go development wise, but I think in the end he forced Eaves' hand w/ the very early commitment, but will turn out a winner.

At forward, yeah a little thin, but 1st Star Zengerle is a stud in the making, and the rest of that crew gets another year in the USHL to improve for next season. I think Barnes and Lapic will contribute in 10/11.

As for Geoffrion, he didn't contribute right away as a frosh, actually he was often times horrible. Taking dumb penalities and putting too much pressure on himself.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Love the title!
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Love the title!
                Thanks Timmy, I struggled for a while with it. I'm not very creative so this was my best effort. Next time we'll have to get a suggestion box.

Comment

Thanks Timmy, I struggled for a while with it. I'm not very creative so this was my best effort. Next time we'll have to get a suggestion box.
                  I was going to suggest the next line from "If You Want To Be A Badger". But I'm slow.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Jake McCabe is taking an unnoficial visit to Minnesota soon. Anyone willing to go over there and let some rats loose inside Mariucci while he's visiting?

Comment

Anyone willing to go over there and let some rats loose inside Mariucci while he's visiting?
                      Sounds like a redundant task, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Sounds like a redundant task, doesn't it?
                        Touche.

Comment

Anyone else think that Justin Schultz is getting the short end of the stick on Western College Hockey? If you haven't been following, Chris has been ranking incoming recruits for this season in the CCHA and WCHA. He started at 1 and is going up, so far he's at 9 and there has been no mention of Schultz.

Am I over-valuing Justin Schultz or do I have a right to feel he's getting spurned here? I know the NHL draft is a bit of a crap shoot but he went before Derek Stepan in the 2008 NHL draft. He went only 1 pick behind Patrick Wiercoich. He went only a couple picks behind Aaron Ness, and only 6 picks behind Cody Goloubef. What gives?

Comment

Anyone else think that Justin Schultz is getting the short end of the stick on Western College Hockey? If you haven't been following, Chris has been ranking incoming recruits for this season in the CCHA and WCHA. He started at 1 and is going up, so far he's at 9 and there has been no mention of Schultz.

Am I over-valuing Justin Schultz or do I have a right to feel he's getting spurned here? I know the NHL draft is a bit of a crap shoot but he went before Derek Stepan in the 2008 NHL draft. He went only 1 pick behind Patrick Wiercoich. He went only a couple picks behind Aaron Ness, and only 6 picks behind Cody Goloubef. What gives?
                            His list is seriously messed up. This is what happens when you base a list on year old press clippings and don't call the coaches for the latest input.

Comment

I thought Schultz was going to come after Shore. I'm assuming Chris had to throw a Michigan guy in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X