Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

How big of a stud is Zengerle going to be next year? I look at his stats' and get really excited. How tough is the league he's in right now though? Will it carry over?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      How big of a stud is Zengerle going to be next year? I look at his stats' and get really excited. How tough is the league he's in right now though? Will it carry over?
      The BCHL is a very offensive league. Players putting up monster numbers is the norm in that league.

To look back at former BCHL players that have done well and then went to UW/UND/DU:

Travis Zajac, 2nd in the league in scoring (03/04)
      Andrew Kozek, Ryan Duncan, Matt Watkins, 2nd/3rd/10th in scoring (04/05)
      Darcy Zajac, Evan Trupp, 7th/12th in scoring (05/06)
      Tyler Bozak, Kyle Turris, 1st/2nd in scoring (06/07)
      Hunter Bishop, Derek Lee, Brett Hextall, 3rd/10th/13th in scoring (07/08)

Some of these players, like TZajac, Duncan, and Bozak really prospered once they got to NCAA hockey, while others took a few seasons to get used to WCHA play, and others still never quite regained that scoring touch that they found in the BCHL.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        He should be solid but keep in mind that he's a lot older than Turris was when he was putting up those numbers when he was in the BCHL. The bonus, is that Zengerle will be at least a 3 year guy for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Updated the Recruiting Stats.

Michael Mersch and Frankie Simonelli are in town Saturday.

I've heard the interest from Maine, Wisconsin, and Mankato is all about the same at this point. All keeping him in mind, but no offers. But you may have better connections with the cousin, I don't know.
          I'll check with my buddy and see if he's got some updates on the situation. I want to say St. Lawrence was another school with interest.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            He should be solid but keep in mind that he's a lot older than Turris was when he was putting up those numbers when he was in the BCHL. The bonus, is that Zengerle will be at least a 3 year guy for us.
            Which also means he'll be a lot older than Turris was as a UW freshman. If he turns out like Bozek (IIRC, another 20 year old freshman...or will Zengerle actually be 21 by then?) instead of like Turris, I'll be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Posted by DPlaya in Wisports:

Hockey in Wisconsin has learned that Freshman forward Andrew McCabe from Eau Claire Memorial has been released from his scholarship at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. McCabe was recruited by UNO's former Coach, but has played this season for their new coach, Dean Blais.

The move comes just weeks after Andrew's brother Jake committed to the University of Wisconsin over several other programs, including the University of Nebraska-Omaha. The question at hand is whether Blais made Andrew McCabe pay the price for his brother not committing to UNO. Blais will likely have plenty of cover for the move even if it was due to Jake's decision since Andrew has only played in five games this season, and was not recruited by Blais.

I believe Andrew has already left UNO after completing his first semester exams and will not return, even though he could have finished out the academic year on scholarship. I've got a message in to his family to confirm that information and to find out what Andrew's future plans may be, if he's even had time to consider them.

Got anything more on this DP? Smells fishy.
              Nothing more on the reasoning behind the move at this time...but Andrew is enrolled and practicing with UW-Eau Claire. He can't play games with them until next season though.

I also thought I'd mention that former Eau Claire Memorial defenseman David Donnellan (now with Youngstown), who I believe had some conversations with UW a while back (according to Chuck if I remember correctly) has committed to Western Michigan. Chuck currently has him on his online UW potential recruit list.

Comment

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or not, but according to the UND sportswriter Brad Schlossman, Shattuck-St Mary's player Jason Clark has committed to UW.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Jason Clark, another Shattuck St. Mary's kid for next year:

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                  Wisconsin Badgers
                  NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or not, but according to the UND sportswriter Brad Schlossman, Shattuck-St Mary's player Jason Clark has committed to UW.
                    Thanks for the heads up. It had not been mentioned. Sounds like a pretty solid player if you ask me. Sixth forward of the 2010 class. (Zengerle, Dahl, Barnes, Little, Mersch and now Clark)

It will be interesting to see if we go with just 6 forwards or seven. We also have Lapic, Paape, Strang, and Hartzog available if we want them. I know for sure that Lapic has been told he will be a 2011. I would have to think an extra USHL year for Paape and Strang would be the best option. Hartzog has had an awful year and is playing in the NAHL currently. Best thing for him might be just to bring him into UW and change thinigs up, similar to what we did with Mitchell.

Comment

Updated Recruit List

2010 Forward Recruits:
                      Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
                      Jason Clark-Shattuck St. Marys Prep-Eden Prarie, MN
                      Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
                      Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
                      Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
                      Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

2010 Defense Recruits:
                      Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
                      Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

2011 Forward Recruits:
                      Gavin Hartzog-Fargo Force (USHL)-Milwaukee, WI
                      Tyler Lapic-Omaha Lancers (USHL)-New Prague, MN
                      Matt Paape-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Appleton, WI
                      Cody Strang-Youngstown Phantons (USHL)-Madison, WI

2011 Defense Recruits:
                      Troy Hesketh-Minnetonka High School (MN)-Minnetonka, MN
                      Jake McCabe-USA NTDP U-17-Eau Claire, WI

2012 Forward Recruits:
                      Corbin Mcguire-Taft Prep

2012 Defense Recruits:
                      Jordan Schmaltz-Chicago Mission Midget Majors-Verona, WI

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Clark said the reason he committed is a chance to play right away. So apparently Eaves has this guy penciled into one of the 4 lines next year.

The chance to play right away is a major reason highly regarded winger Jason Clark has decided to play for the University of Wisconsin men's hockey team in 2010-11.
                        Clark, from Eden Prairie, Minn., by way of Shattuck St. Mary's (Minn.) High School, made an oral commitment to UW coach Mike Eaves earlier this week. Clark said he was attracted to the city, campus and the school's business curriculum, but the fact the Badgers will lose seven senior forwards after this season carried a lot of weight.
                        "It's the best opportunity for me," said Clark, who chose the Badgers over North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth and Harvard. "They said they needed one more big, physical forward for next year."
                        Listed at 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, Clark is ranked among the top 60 prospects for the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, according to Red Line Report, an independent international scouting service.
                        http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                          Clark said the reason he committed is a chance to play right away. So apparently Eaves has this guy penciled into one of the 4 lines next year.
                          Being here and being in the lineup are two very different things with Eaves. I think that "chance" to play is the key word.

Comment

Well he should have a good shot to crack the lineup with Bendickson, Street, Geoffrion, Mitchell, Bombach, Davies, and Grotting all gone. I would project this as our 4 lines:

Murray - Stepan - Smith
                            Lee - Thurber - Zengerle
                            Johnson - Turnbull - Frosh
                            Frosh - Dolan - Frosh

So there are 3 spots open for 6 players. I'm assuming Zengerle will be put right in there due to his high level of talent, but I don't know much about Keegan Meuer so I'll consider him one of the 6 competing for 3 spots. My guess is that Clark has a pretty good shot of cracking the lineup.

Comment

As talented as Clark appears, him, 1st Star Zengerle and Tyler Barnes are locks to be in the lineup next season (unless they really don't live up to expectations). The team will need them.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking.

Murray - Stepan - Smith
                                Lee - Thurber - Zengerle
                                Johnson - Turnbull - Barnes
                                Clark - Dolan - Frosh

That would be a fine offensive unit. If Stepan goes pro, though, we could be in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X