Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

UW Signees....

Forwards

Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
    Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
    Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
    Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
    Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

Defense

Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
    Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

That's a lot of D on the roster. And no Goalie. Too bad that kid Johnson didn't get a scholly from UW who went to UND. Last time I saw he was playing well.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      That's a lot of D on the roster. And no Goalie. Too bad that kid Johnson didn't get a scholly from UW who went to UND. Last time I saw he was playing well.
      I'm assuming 3 of Goloubef, Smith, McDonagh, and Gardiner are gone, if not all 4.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Red Line Report, an independent international scouting service, recently offered insights into Mersch and Simonelli.

On Mersch (listed at 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds): "Big winger has a long reach and good puck skills. Is working to improve his skating ability, but has terrific hands, gets to the front of the net and knows how to score goals. Has a big-time shot. Uses body to hold position and shield the puck from defenders. Wins puck battles in the corners.''

On Simonelli (listed at 5-10, 187): "Mobile, aggressive offensive defenseman is smart, can move the puck and has a good shot. Has improved his defensive game, sees time on the power play and has been used occasionally as a forward.''
        Could Simonelli = McBain?
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

UW Signees....
          That's a lot of D on the roster. And no Goalie. Too bad that kid Johnson didn't get a scholly from UW who went to UND (Notre Dame ). Last time I saw he was playing well.
          That just fries my ham. I've complained about this in the past. Here's a kid who WANTED to go to UW, (although he grew up in MN, he honed his goalie skills in Madison) and got nary a sniff from the Badgers. I was asked if the goalie coach fiasco contributed to him going elsewhere, but his decision was made before all of that bull schizzel went down.

He had an excellent run with the Madison Capitols and did very well in the USHL. What more would a D-1 school want in local talent?

I HATE Notre Dame and hated to see him go there, but I wish him well in the future.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            That just fries my ham. I've complained about this in the past. Here's a kid who WANTED to go to UW, (although he grew up in MN, he honed his goalie skills in Madison) and got nary a sniff from the Badgers. I was asked if the goalie coach fiasco contributed to him going elsewhere, but his decision was made before all of that bull schizzel went down.

He had an excellent run with the Madison Capitols and did very well in the USHL. What more would a D-1 school want in local talent?

I HATE Notre Dame and hated to see him go there, but I wish him well in the future.
            I think Johnson and Goody would have made a nice pair this year, but that's with a bit of hindsite, knowing Goody has really turned the corner. It was probably too risky to go into this year with an unproven jr and fr goalies. I do think we could have gone in with 1 less f or d and got Johnson a scholarship and had 3 scholarshipped g on the roster for a couple years. Eaves has 101 f and 22 d signed up for the next few years anyway.

Comment

UW Signees....

Forwards

Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
              Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
              Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
              Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
              Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

Defense

Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
              Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

this sounds like a nice class coming in. Mersch, Zengerle, Simonelli, and one of Barnes or Dahl will have more immediate impacts, while the rest of the group will grow (hopefully) into their roles as in their soph seasons????

Is UW after Little's brother?

Anyone have any news on Corban Mcquire's progress?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Goaltending...so basically in 2011 UW is going with 2 freshmen goalies....Anyone else feel uncormfortable with that? I have to imagine Eaves will coax someone in here next year as a walk on with a full ride the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                  I'm assuming 3 of Goloubef, Smith, McDonagh, and Gardiner are gone, if not all 4.
                  McDonagh is probably ready for the NHL this year.

Smith should probably stay another year.

Goloubef and Gardiner are toss ups.

Comment

Hartzog Sent to NAHL's Bismarck

Former Milwaukee Marquette forward and UW forward recruit Gavin Hartzog has been sent from the Fargo Force of the USHL to the Bismarck Bobcats of the NAHL.

Comment

Goaltending...so basically in 2011 UW is going with 2 freshmen goalies....Anyone else feel uncormfortable with that?
                      UND did fine with a freshmen goalie last year. I'm not too worried as long as they're talented.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Some good news...McCabe's in the fold.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                          Some good news...McCabe's in the fold.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                          It is good news. I am a bit surprised though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            It is good news. I am a bit surprised though.
                            Why are you surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              UND did fine with a freshmen goalie last year. I'm not too worried as long as they're talented.
                              Only one problem....your program isn't UND.

Comment

Has anyone heard of any goaltenders that we're onto besides Sam Brittain?

Comment

Working...
                                X