Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Did an interview with potential recruit Ian McCoshen on the blog Monday. Shameless plug.

LINK

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

I assume Morgan Zulnick for Salmon Arm is hurt? He did not play the first week or two, played seemingly well by his stats for maybe 3 weeks and now again has not played for a while. Anyone know the story? Injured twice?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
        I assume Morgan Zulnick for Salmon Arm is hurt? He did not play the first week or two, played seemingly well by his stats for maybe 3 weeks and now again has not played for a while. Anyone know the story? Injured twice?
        Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          A quick search brought me to an article about the Silverbacks game on November 20th, saying Zulnick was the only injuried player as the team was nearly back to full strength. Didn't say what the injury was, and I was too lazy to search further, but he is/has been injuried recently.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Of all the commitments for next year who would be the most likely to light the lamp the most. I got money on Woods, who do you take.

I see Rumpel is doing pretty well. With 21 games played he is 13-6. Couple of stats 1 assists, 4 PIM, 55 goals against, 2.8 GAA, 90.09 save %.
            With his goals against that is a lot more than last year when he only let 43 goals in while playing in 24 games.
            Last edited by UWisco; 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Did an interview with potential recruit Ian McCoshen on the blog Monday. Shameless plug.

LINK
              great job as always Chuck.

...as a side note...I wonder how concerned we should be about him mentioning the rats.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

...as a side note...I wonder how concerned we should be about him mentioning the rats.
                He appears to be a TOP 2013 talent, so it would surprise me more if the gophers, Notre Lame, North Dakota, etc weren't after him eventually. Is he any relation to the McCoshen who is involved w/ Team Wisconsin (at least I think it is Team WI, that last name is really familar hockeywise).
                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                Originally posted by UWisco
                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Semi-concerned, considering the proximity of Hudson to Minneapolis compared to Hudson to Madison.

Comment

Looks like Z. Stepan is headed to play for Osiecki.
                    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Sorry not part of the topic:

Which section is the Badger student section?
                      BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
                        Sorry not part of the topic:

Which section is the Badger student section?
                        From UWBadgers:
                        The student section is comprised of sections 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, and 316.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          Looks like Z. Stepan is headed to play for Osiecki.
                          I'll reiterate what I said on twitter this afternoon. Would have loved to had Zach Stepan. Would have LOVED to have him. But we have no rooom in the 2012 class for another forward at this point. We've already got Zulinick, Kerdiles, and McGuire locked up for 2012 and Navin locked for 2012 or 2013.

I'll take Kerdiles and Zulinick over Stepan any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I love McGuire and have for years as well. It's a toss up between him and Stepan as to who will produce more at the college level. Navin also provides a lot more flexability than Stepan as he's willing to be a 2012 or 2013 where as I don't think we'd have that opportunity with Stepan.

Potential 2012 fowards:

Seniors
                          Derek Lee
                          Keegan Meuer
                          Ryan Little

Juniors
                          Mark Zengerle
                          Tyler Barnes
                          Michael Mersch
                          Jason Clark
                          Jefferson Dahl
                          Gavin Hartzog
                          Sean Little

Sophomores
                          Brendan Woods
                          Cody Strang
                          Matt Pappe
                          Tyler Lapic

Freshmen
                          Morgan Zulinick
                          Nic Kerdiles
                          Corbin McGuire
                          Brad Navin

This is assuming that Craig Smith signs early. That has us at 18 forwards for 2012. Obviously we would hold Navin back so that would put us at 17. Most likely we'll lose one or two of Barnes, Mersch, Zengerle etc. to a contract or someone else to natural attrition and Little can always be moved back to defense.

Moral of the story was we just ran out of spots for Stepan. It's a good problem to have. Would have loved him, but we'll be more than fine.

Comment

Edit: Heisenburg lists him as a 2013. If that is the case...then I just got a bit more upset.

Comment

IT doesn't make any sence that a great players would go to a less than good school. But it's his choice not mine.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                IT doesn't make any sence that a great players would go to a less than good school. But it's his choice not mine.
                                Ohio State is just as good of a school as Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                                X