Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Your so nice FbR. I'm about to cry cause I am a kid, I'm just trying to make small talk. Nothing to do during the weeks but wait till Friday.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      FBR, was she talking? I guess my attention was focused on her, um, pony tails.
      classic
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Just looking out for my Badger brethren. It's Alaska week, bound to be a slower one
        Originally posted by solovsfett
        To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

I'm not surprised at this question from you. With posts like, "How do you pronounce Lapik?", "...why hasn't it snowed yet?", "I just saw one of the funniest things ever, Hershey suing Mars...", etc. (Just screwing with you!)

You should know this time of year is not "hot" for a lot of recruiting talk. High schools are just starting up, Tier 1 is 6-8 weeks or so in, and in Canada they're well into it. The scouts are heading out but it's kind of early to make conclusions.

What say you, Charles?
          I think Eaves is playing it slow lately too. I'm constructing a post about recruiting needs for the blog, and other than another goalie for next season, the team is set. I know Eaves doesn't think the team needs a goalie, but I do. Other than maybe a 2011 or 2012 defenseman incase Schultz also leaves (assuming Little stays at forward next two seasons) what else is there to do? 2012 is looking pretty good too, need a blue liner and goalie maybe, but right now there just isn't a lot of guys to recruit.

I'm sure Eaves and staff are on the trail of some nice 2013 recruits and hopefully Zach Stepan.

There are bound to be a few late blooming uncommitted players Eaves might be after too. Two seasons ago he landed Ramage late, last season Jason Clark (who I think needs more PT every night, he has a lot of talent), so instead of loading the cupboards w/ a ton of recruits, I wonder if he isn't waiting and being patient.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Your so nice FbR.
            Thanks man. I like cute girls too

I saw Gandalf mention Ramage, but in order to give UWisco something to read about and stay on track, who do you guys think has been our best "late" recruiting pickup of recent years? Of all time?

Comment

aka handle bars

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                Thanks man. I like cute girls too

I saw Gandalf mention Ramage, but in order to give UWisco something to read about and stay on track, who do you guys think has been our best "late" recruiting pickup of recent years? Of all time?
                Brian Elliot. Picked him up late after we lost Mike Broduer to MJ. I remember how ****ed off I was losing the top goalie recruit from that year because I believe he played in a MJ exhibition game. That worked out well for the Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
                  Brian Elliot. Picked him up late after we lost Mike Broduer to MJ. I remember how ****ed off I was losing the top goalie recruit from that year because I believe he played in a MJ exhibition game. That worked out well for the Badgers.
                  I think Broduer only played a period in that game. I too was just livid about this. But, alas, everything fell into place. I agree he's the late pick-up of all time. There's no way a guy that good should have been available when he was. Dolan was a late p/u as well, and now he's a Captain. That was another good late p/u.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
                    That was my original thought too... alas, I was a young freshman when they won the NC in 06, so I'm not as up on my UW Hockey history as others.

Comment

He might not be the BEST late pick up we've ever had but he might be one of the latest additions to a team. Andy Bohmbach when he came here was so late into the summer that he couldn't even live in the dorms as a freshman because it was so close to school starting.

Comment

Yeah, tough to top Elliott.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The whole time I kept thinking, "She sure is annoying, but I'd bend her over the couch."

Then I see everyone else's posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            The whole time I kept thinking, "She sure is annoying, but I'd bend her over the couch."
                            To pull the pizza out?

Comment

Hey FbRamen I just read your visitor message and i'm not sure if I know what you meant by this but I have never left no rude comments or even posted a visitor message. Like I said I don't know if this is what you meant but just trying to straighten things up.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                Hey FbRamen I just read your visitor message and i'm not sure if I know what you meant by this but I have never left no rude comments or even posted a visitor message. Like I said I don't know if this is what you meant but just trying to straighten things up.
                                No worries man. Now lets kick some seawolf ***. If they have one... Any biology majors in here?

Comment

Working...
                                X