Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

I just brought up the goalie thought because there is no way we can start a freshman every game next year.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Eaves and Crandall....he's 3-1 with a 1.48 gaa and a .937 save %. It's a long season, but for a guy who was sucking so badly in the USHL to get dirched by UW, those are excellent numbers. I am completely surprised by him so far. In 4 years we'll have the ultimate answer as to whether or not Eaves made a mistake. Not that I disagreed with Eaves doing what he did, but it still could be a mistake, though I am rarely wrong.
      I was critical of Crandall in the past and I'm not ready to eat crow yet. He has beaten AK-Anchorage (1-5-2), Bemidji St (0-3-1), and Providence (3-4-2). At this point in time, those teams aren't setting the world on fire. He lost to North Dakota (5-4-1) who some say are struggling. Looks like Reiter has been carrying the load.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        I just brought up the goalie thought because there is no way we can start a freshman every game next year.
        ??? Unless Mitch Thompson starts a game next year, or we get a transfer, a freshman goalie WILL be in net every game next year
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I don't know but can we give Thompson a scholarship and have someone walk-on. I have know idea how good Thompson is but just a thought.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

I don't know but can we give Thompson a scholarship and have someone walk-on. I have know idea how good Thompson is but just a thought.
            Some people that comment on the 60 Min blog seem to think Thompson has the ability to earn a scholarship. I've never been to a Wisconsin practice so I have no clue how good he is. I saw him as a sophomore in high school. That was forever a go.

I'm trying to do some poking around to see if we're after anyone. No luck so far. John Keeney was a kid I thought we might look at from Omaha, he's having a great season but we aren't going in that direction. He looks like an RPI lean with CC and Quinnipiac in the picture.

Comment

I have and always will appriciate your effort Chuck. I know a week or so ago Brady Hjelle committed to Ohio State, looks like Osiecki is stealing everybody from us (jk but funny).
              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                I'm trying to do some poking around to see if we're after anyone. No luck so far. John Keeney was a kid I thought we might look at from Omaha, he's having a great season but we aren't going in that direction. He looks like an RPI lean with CC and Quinnipiac in the picture.
                Do you have a source that you can divulge for Keeney leaning to RPI? If so, could you post it on the RPI recruit thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?91617. Thanks.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Do you have a source that you can divulge for Keeney leaning to RPI? If so, could you post it on the RPI recruit thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?91617. Thanks.
                  Sources stop becoming sources when you divulge them. RPI is certainly no lock, but he's been talking to them the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Sources stop becoming sources when you divulge them. RPI is certainly no lock, but he's been talking to them the most.
                    That is why I asked. It seemed possible to me that you saw it posted somewhere on the net.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I was critical of Crandall in the past and I'm not ready to eat crow yet. He has beaten AK-Anchorage (1-5-2), Bemidji St (0-3-1), and Providence (3-4-2). At this point in time, those teams aren't setting the world on fire. He lost to North Dakota (5-4-1) who some say are struggling. Looks like Reiter has been carrying the load.
                      I was too lazy to look up who he beat/lost to so far this year. Those certianly are not world beaters by any means and I would expect Reiter to be the guy. Kind of looks like they were just tryingto get Crandall some experience, aside fron the sue game.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think the Badgers made a good choice in getting rid of Crandall. He wasn't doing good and hard to preduct what he was genna do in the future.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

I think the Badgers made a good choice in getting rid of Crandall. He wasn't doing good and hard to preduct what he was genna do in the future.
                          WOW.

I'm glad I learned how to spell these words in the 6th grade.

Sorry, I had to get in a shot.

Comment

Well I type fast, don't really care about mistakes.

I'm looking for opinions, what's the probability of all 7 recruits for 2011 signing LOI's this week.
                            Last edited by UWisco; 11-09-2010, 05:32 PM.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Well I type fast, don't really care about mistakes.

I'm looking for opinions, what's the probability of all 7 recruits for 2011 signing LOI's this week.
                              98%

Comment

Who would be wieghing us down and might not sign till spring.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Working...
                                X