Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

1st Star Zengerle had a 4 goal, 5 assist weekend on his way to being named BCHL player of the week. 11 pts through 5 games.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      1st Star Zengerle had a 4 goal, 5 assist weekend on his way to being named BCHL player of the week. 11 pts through 5 games.
      wow any chance he could beat turris's BCHL numbers this year???
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
        wow any chance he could beat turris's BCHL numbers this year???
        I would hope so. He's like 14 years older than Turris was in his last year in the BC.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          Is Shawn Ostrow on your fantasy team? If so, nice sleeper pick.
          No, but don't feel bad, I plan on riding DU's Chevy, Shore, Salazar and Donovan to a repeat Championship.

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          Players who contribute for four years are more valuable than two year players who leave college hockey early.
          Ok... if you're saying lil' Ostrow is more valuable than Shore because he'll be around for four years as opposed to, well, most likely NOT four years for Shore, then fine. But I'm saying as long as the two of them are both at DU, Shore will be the better player, and I thought you were disagreeing, which is what shocked me.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

It sounds like Barnes and Zangerle are locks for early signing day, but there are a few more names in the mix. Anybody know anything about these guys?

http://ow.ly/15Zwm9
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              It sounds like Barnes and Zangerle are locks for early signing day, but there are a few more names in the mix. Anybody know anything about these guys?

http://ow.ly/15Zwm9
              Like Bagot mentions, they will have to sign a huge class. It really doesnt matter who signs in the fall and who signs in the spring. Here is the projected incoming class for next season:

Forwards

Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN
              Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI
              Gavin Hartzog-Fargo Force (USHL)-Milwaukee, WI
              Tyler Lapic-Omaha Lancers (USHL)-New Prague, MN
              Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI
              Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL
              Cody Strang-Youngstown Phantons (USHL)-Madison, WI
              Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY

Defense

Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI
              Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL

If additional players are needed, we could add:

Forwards

Matt Paape-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Appleton, WI

Defense

Troy Hesketh-Minnetonka High School (MN)-Minnetonka, MN

I could honestly see a situation where the Badgers choose to go with Paape over Strang. Paape is having an extremely strong start to the season and Strang has struggled in his adjustment to the USHL. Hesketh could definitely step into the Badgers lineup next season.
              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-06-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I see Jordan Schmaltz has been added to the Sioux City roster.

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
                  Thanks for the pickup Milzie. Good move by Schmaltzy. Wisconsin is going to need him to step in as an 18 y/o frosh and two seasons of USHL play will certainly ease that transition.

I also wanted to point out, don't be surprised to see a pipeline from Sioux City to Wisconsin start to form. Luke Strand the new head coach down there has ties to the UW program.

Comment

Hey Chuck. Do you have the scouts' rankings on each of those recruits? Or how many stars are they? In your opinion how will this class stack up with the rest of the nation?

Comment

Hey Chuck. Do you have the scouts' rankings on each of those recruits? Or how many stars are they? In your opinion how will this class stack up with the rest of the nation?
                      Forwards

Tyler Barnes-Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)-Burnsville, MN (2.5)
                      Jefferson Dahl-Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)-Eau Claire, WI (2.5)
                      Gavin Hartzog-Fargo Force (USHL)-Milwaukee, WI (2)
                      Tyler Lapic-Omaha Lancers (USHL)-New Prague, MN (3)
                      Sean Little-Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)-Fond du Lac, WI (1.5)
                      Michael Mersch-USA NTDP (U18)-Park Ridge, IL (4)
                      Cody Strang-Youngstown Phantons (USHL)-Madison, WI (2)
                      Mark Zengerle-Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)-Rochester, NY (4.5)

Defense

Chase Drake-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Mosinee, WI (2.5)
                      Frankie Simonelli-USA NTDP (U18)-Bensenville, IL (4)

If additional players are needed, we could add:

Forwards

Matt Paape-Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)-Appleton, WI (4)

Defense

Troy Hesketh-Minnetonka High School (MN)-Minnetonka, MN (4)

Comment

Thanks, Chuck! Why aren't we pursuing Paape and Hesketh more closely if they are 4 stars? Are other schools in on them or something?

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
                          Schmaltz appears to have just been there for last weekend. He did not play for them this weekend, although Jose Delgadillo from the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals did play defense for them Saturday night.

Jefferson Dahl signed his LOI, and I was told Sean Little was signing his over the weekend. Anybody have other news on this front? I'm feeling a bit nervous about this as I'm getting the feeling there may be a surprise...and surprises during the signing period are rarely good.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Schmaltz appears to have just been there for last weekend. He did not play for them this weekend, although Jose Delgadillo from the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals did play defense for them Saturday night.

Jefferson Dahl signed his LOI, and I was told Sean Little was signing his over the weekend. Anybody have other news on this front? I'm feeling a bit nervous about this as I'm getting the feeling there may be a surprise...and surprises during the signing period are rarely good.
                            Isn't Zengerle signing this week?
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Chuck! Why aren't we pursuing Paape and Hesketh more closely if they are 4 stars? Are other schools in on them or something?
                              All the players listed have already committed to UW...

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Isn't Zengerle signing this week?
                                The Badgers have not disclosed exactly who they are going to send LOI's to. That being said, I got an e-mail from someone in New York state (where Zengerle's from) who apparently knows Zengerle and said he is getting and signing his LOI.

Comment

Working...
                                X