Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

I just remembered Faust and Hartzog only have really 12 days to sign because summer signing period is over August 1. So between then and now they will have to sign.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Anyone find out more info on Faust and Hartzog's LOI status.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I heard on the radio they both have signed. Check out the 60 minutes blog, too. http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...ns-roster.html
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I heard on the radio they both have signed. Check out the 60 minutes blog, too. http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...ns-roster.html
          And alas UWisco (aka anonymous 60 minute blog commenter) can finally stop taking his Xanax and get some sleep. My god man, did you really think the coaching staff was dumb enough to not know when the deadline was to sign a LOI?

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
            And alas UWisco (aka anonymous 60 minute blog commenter) can finally stop taking his Xanax and get some sleep. My god man, did you really think the coaching staff was dumb enough to not know when the deadline was to sign a LOI?
            A couple months ago this rage over signing LOI's started in the comment section. It had to be more than one person because of the times of the comments.

I think the crazy part was the demands for me to find out when these kids were signing. It's not that easy.

Comment

Questions for you recruiting wiz’s. Not Wisconsin recruiting exactly but heck it’s the off-season. I have a coworker who is asking about a kid named Brandt Soukup from Fairfax, VA. He knows the kid and he and I are wondering just how good a hockey player he is.
              He will be playing for Peoria of the CSHL this year. Anyone hear of him? What kind of league is the CSHL? I’m assuming it’s a step down from the USHL?
              Thanks
              Wisconsin Badgers
              NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
                I have a coworker who is asking about a kid named Brandt Soukup from Fairfax, VA. He knows the kid and he and I are wondering just how good a hockey player he is.
                2 goals and 4 assists in 35 games. He's 17 years old, so not much time to develop. Looks to me like he'd be a club hockey player in college.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/play...&seasonid=5167

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
                  What kind of league is the CSHL? I’m assuming it’s a step down from the USHL?
                  Thanks
                  Actually, it's 2 steps below.
                  The CSHL is Tier III junior A hockey. The USHL is Tier I, the NAHL is considered Tier II.
                  You and your co-worker can draw your own conclusion on this youngster.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Odds are long, but some nice players have come out of the CSHL, including a Hobey finalist, so you never know. There's two CSHL alums playing for Kevin Patrick in Muskegon this year as well, and they'll probably get D-I offers.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Odds are long, but some nice players have come out of the CSHL, including a Hobey finalist, so you never know. There's two CSHL alums playing for Kevin Patrick in Muskegon this year as well, and they'll probably get D-I offers.

I love hearing stories like that, thanks, MR. ...and good luck to KP in Muskegon, too!

Comment

I see on the Fargo Force website that they posed their roster and indicated that Jakob Batcha from Fredonia made the team and is committed to Wisconsin. Has this been reported before? He is not listed on Heisenbergs list.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyHits9 View Post
                          I see on the Fargo Force website that they posed their roster and indicated that Jakob Batcha from Fredonia made the team and is committed to Wisconsin. Has this been reported before? He is not listed on Heisenbergs list.
                          I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet. I know he was on Chuck's list of potential recruits and sounds like a very nice pick up for the Badgers, if he has indeed committed to UW.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

I got a hold of Jake Batcha and he has not yet received any scholarship offers.

Comment

If you have an interest in knowing who some of the best high school players in Wisconsin are, some of which will undoubtedly become Badgers in the future, check out my post with the official rosters of Team Wisconsin U18, U16 and U14 for this season.

Comment

I have a coworker who is asking about a kid named Brandt Soukup from Fairfax, VA. He knows the kid and he and I are wondering just how good a hockey player he is.
                                Sorry for the late response, but the stats quoted for Soukup are pretty incomplete. As a 16 yr old last year, he had 12 points in 42 games (includes showcase tournaments - not just regular season stats) and tied for the team lead for scoring for defenders. He was the only 16 yr old defenseman selected all league (only a couple 93 birthyear defensemen nationwide were selected for the Best of the Rest Tournament at Nationals).

In high school varsity last year, he led the league in defense scoring by a large margin - 6 goals, 23 assists in 9 games.

As a 93, he has four more years of junior eligibility - plenty of time for development.

There is a nice article on Soukup by his former junior team in Virginia (http://potomacpatriots.net/news2.php?news_id=286494)
                                Last edited by D-man18; 08-27-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X