Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    Nice work Chuck, I noticed the name "Will Butcher" on the potential recruit list. (Just a little side note to help pass the summer). I got to play 1 varsity game my senior year while at Sun Prairie (didn't start skating until my junior year) and on my lone varsity goal, the assist came from Joe Butcher, yes Will's dad. Joe went on to win a couple DIII NC's with Stevens Point, while I went on to............did I mention Joe won a couple of NC's.
    Will is arguably the best 1994 born defenseman in the country.

errr...1995
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-12-2010, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Will is arguably the best 1994 born defenseman in the country.
      That's mighty impressive for a kid born in 1995!
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

There are two things that matter to me when it comes to awesome potential recruits named Will Cutting Butcher.

1) Great defensemen look fantastic wearing the Cardinal and White.

2) This:

*****http://www.pimpyourfinances.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/bill.jpg******

So this. If we also score a recruit named Dan Plainview, I'll lose my mind. And drink someone's milkshake.

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        Perfect!

I hope you don't mind that I've now quoted you in my signature.
        Are you kidding? My ego loves it!
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
          That's mighty impressive for a kid born in 1995!
          Check out the time of my post, I might have been under the influence.

Comment

No worries. And not to inject myself into an argument between you and Hammy, but somebody claiming to have knowledge of the situation seems to think that Zach Stepan considers himself more Minnesotan than (Wisconsinite?, Wisconsinian?) Cheesehead. He writes that Zach was raised on the western side of the St. Croix until age twelve, moved to Sconnie soley to play hockey, and now his parents OWN a home and reside in Faribault. Not that he's any less likely to play for the Badgers because of these facts, but if all of the above is true, Minnesotans can claim him as native.

Somebody should ask the kid if he likes Favre... that would clear things up!
            scsuhockey.com
            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
              No worries. And not to inject myself into an argument between you and Hammy, but somebody claiming to have knowledge of the situation seems to think that Zach Stepan considers himself more Minnesotan than (Wisconsinite?, Wisconsinian?) Cheesehead. He writes that Zach was raised on the western side of the St. Croix until age twelve, moved to Sconnie soley to play hockey, and now his parents OWN a home and reside in Faribault. Not that he's any less likely to play for the Badgers because of these facts, but if all of the above is true, Minnesotans can claim him as native.

Somebody should ask the kid if he likes Favre... that would clear things up!
              I didn't think we were arguing about it. I was just giving him a hard time. FWIW, when he was drafted by Waterloo in the USHL Futures Draft, they listed him as Balsam Lake, WI.

I don't care if the kid is from Italy as long as he becomes a Badger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Not a Sconny. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Not a Sconny. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Not a Sconny. No way.
                    Clearly we're the only state in the country to consume alcohol.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Clearly we're the only state in the country able to handle consuming alcohol.
                      FYP
                      Originally posted by solovsfett
                      To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Couple of quick notes, the 2010-11 roster is out on uwbadgers.com (does not include Faust) and Faust plans on signing this week.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Couple of quick notes, the 2010-11 roster is out on uwbadgers.com (does not include Faust) and Faust plans on signing this week.
                          Doesn't include Hartzog either, kinda weird.

Comment

Baggot finally put out an article on Faust , About Hartzog he will probably be put on the roster at the same time as Faust but don't know if he has signed his LOI or not.
                            Last edited by UWisco; 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Baggot finally put out an article on Faust , About Hartzog he will probably be put on the roster at the same time as Faust but don't know if he has signed his LOI or not.
                              Andy Baggot was also on "On Wisconsin" this afternoon. AB said Schmaltz' decommit was pretty much due to OZ leaving, but he (& his family) wanted to stay in the WCHA and thought the best fit (allegedly) is NoDak.

(Didn't we hear that somewhere a few weeks ago? )

I didn't realize his family is from NoDak.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X