Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
    Hmmmm......would not get too excited about this kid just yet.
    Don't get too excited about any kid until the show up on campus and even then with Auffrey and Nigel Williams, we know that don't even end well always. I'm excited to get a verbal commit as it means you are the favorite to land the kids services.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

I'm going to post the same thing I posted on the blog about this. It's hard to say right now what the odds are either way on MJ or NCAA for this kid unfortunately.

I talked to Guy Flaming from the Pipeline Show in Canada and he said they fully expect Zulinic at Oil Kings camp this weekend (this is legal by the NCAA).

I'm convinced he'll play in Salmon Arm this season, but I'm not 100% convinced the Oil Kings won't be able to lure him away before he gets here. We shall see.

Edit: At least the kid was honest with me and didn't say he's 100% into playing NCAA only to have him go play MJ a year later. Got to give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Yeah, he's actually an Eau Claire kid playing for the Caps. Played Tier1 Bantams last year for the Caps and is going to play high school for Eau Claire North (or so I've been told). Very young, but someone to keep an eye on.

Edit: Forgot to add that Bill Howard was the head coach of his Bantam team this season, so yeah...he's had some good coaching.
        Thanks Chuck
        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
          Thanks Chuck
          Good interview Chuck.

My thought when I read the interview is that he'll play in the BCHL this year and see how he fares. If he's ready for the next challenge after this season he'll probably go Major Junior, and if he's still got room to improve in the BCHL in 2011-2012 then UW probably has a decent chance of getting him on campus for 2012-2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Good interview Chuck.

My thought when I read the interview is that he'll play in the BCHL this year and see how he fares. If he's ready for the next challenge after this season he'll probably go Major Junior, and if he's still got room to improve in the BCHL in 2011-2012 then UW probably has a decent chance of getting him on campus for 2012-2013.
            I was thinking the same thing, though I'm hopeful he'll end up in Madison.

Another thought I had, would Eaves encourage/want this kid to accelerate his education and come in in 2011 instead to increase his chances of being a Badger and not an Oil King? Not even sure if Canadian kids ever do this, I know it happens w/ USHL/NTDP kids (Seth Ambroz, Michael Mersch, Jake McCabe, etc) on occasion.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
              I was thinking the same thing, though I'm hopeful he'll end up in Madison.

Another thought I had, would Eaves encourage/want this kid to accelerate his education and come in in 2011 instead to increase his chances of being a Badger and not an Oil King? Not even sure if Canadian kids ever do this, I know it happens w/ USHL/NTDP kids (Seth Ambroz, Michael Mersch, Jake McCabe, etc) on occasion.
              The kids you have mentioned were accelerated for different reasons. Mersch and McCabe were young for their age if that makes sense. As NTDP kids, they were a grade behind most of the players they were playing with. They would have aged out of the NTDP program before they graduated high school.

Ambroz is simply a physical freak of nature.

Comment

Excellent work, Chuck. I don't know how you do it, but if we ever meet, I'll buy a pop!

Not to open a wound, but I was watching the Memorial Cup (replay from Sunday) along with that "other" disappointing game last night. I just don't see it. I realize that some of the MJ boys may be younger, but I'm 100% positive any NCAA championship team would beat the living snot out of the Memorial Cup winner. Keep that Silverback pipeline flowing.

I think "Z" needs to come here. Give me his cell number.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  The kids you have mentioned were accelerated for different reasons. Mersch and McCabe were young for their age if that makes sense. As NTDP kids, they were a grade behind most of the players they were playing with. They would have aged out of the NTDP program before they graduated high school.

Ambroz is simply a physical freak of nature.
                  I realized that Chuck on the NDTP kids, couldn't think of any other examples though off the top of my head. Pointing out that it does happen, reasons aside.

I've never seen Ambroz play, but I hope he plays one season w/ minny and then decides to sign after he is drafted in 2011. No reason for him to stick around college hockey too long.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

According to College Hockey 247, Wisconsin is the leader in the clubhouse for Apple Valley, MN forward AJ Michaelson.

Comment

For your Memorial Day viewing pleasure...

Recruiting Update 1: Corbin McGuire
                      Recruiting Update 2: Troy Hesketh
                      Recruiting Update 3: Morgan Zulinick
                      Recruiting Update 4: Zach Stepan
                      Recruiting Update 5: AJ Michaelson

Comment

Great work as always Chuck. Thanks!!!

Hopefully Mr. Zengerle can help Morgan Z keep focused on the NCAA route with a phone call or two.

Michaelson sounds like an outstanding young talent. C'mon Mr. Butters (start choppin) this could be your first big-time get for UW

... if Zengerle sticks around for 3-4 years UW could have the killer Z!'s on one line???? Zulinick, Zengerle, Zach Stepan?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          ... if Zengerle sticks around for 3-4 years UW could have the killer Z!'s on one line???? Zulinick, Zengerle, Zach Stepan?
                          If Zengerle is here in three years, and we bring in that 2012 class of Zulinick, McGuire, Kerdiles, Schmaltz, and one or both of Michaelson/Stepan, we're going to be scary good.

Wisconsin Hockey: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Excellent work, Chuck. I don't know how you do it, but if we ever meet, I'll buy a pop!

Not to open a wound, but I was watching the Memorial Cup (replay from Sunday) along with that "other" disappointing game last night. I just don't see it. I realize that some of the MJ boys may be younger, but I'm 100% positive any NCAA championship team would beat the living snot out of the Memorial Cup winner. Keep that Silverback pipeline flowing.

I think "Z" needs to come here. Give me his cell number.
                            Normally I would agree with you in any other year but there is no way Boston College Beats that Windsor Spitfire Team... They are just plain scary... Muse may be a better goalie then Grubauer but but they way they transition and the speed they have... it pains me to say but BC would prob be in for a long night unless thay played the game of there lives...
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

please tell me Corbin McGuire isn't Pierre McGuire's son or something, i really don't wany pierre anywhere near or associated with this Program....
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                                please tell me Corbin McGuire isn't Pierre McGuire's son or something, i really don't wany pierre anywhere near or associated with this Program....
                                No relation...

Comment

Working...
                                X