Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    not for anything, but this thread title makes you look like *tards
    It's the best **** title on the site!

You still suck! You still suck! You still suck! (UW fans will get it)
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

If you haven't seen this already, Ryan Walters picked Nebraka-Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        the blaiser with a nice pick-up... ****...well, I have no feeling on UNO one way or the other but I still think he cups his hand to his ear if he scores against the rats.

I wonder what the deciding factor was?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Solo, I think it had a lot do with Mike Hastings who recruited him at Minnesota being an assistant at UNO now. I think they are pretty close.

Comment

Solo, I think it had a lot do with Mike Hastings who recruited him at Minnesota being an assistant at UNO now. I think they are pretty close.
            thanks Chuck. I totally forgot about Hastings being an assistant at UNO.

all this talk about Walters had me charged up about another solid late addition to the UW 2010 class. I still find it hard to believe they would go into the season with 14 forwards, unless Eaves thinks one of the d-men could fill in if needed.

....and on another note I'm excited to see who Coach Eaves chooses as assistants now. His track record there is pretty much impeccable.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              thanks Chuck. I totally forgot about Hastings being an assistant at UNO.

all this talk about Walters had me charged up about another solid late addition to the UW 2010 class. I still find it hard to believe they would go into the season with 14 forwards, unless Eaves thinks one of the d-men could fill in if needed.
              I too think it would be unlikely to roll with 14 forwards but Eaves has shown the ability to continue to surprise me. Who the hell knows, maybe he plans on dressing 7 defensemen every night.

Comment

From gophersota to UNO? Wow, I'm surprised. Quite a bit of a talent gap.

(NOT!)

Well good luck to him. I think I'm not alone in saying that he would have looked good in Cardinal & White. Now, all we have to do when we play UNO is show him what he's missing!!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

2010 USHL Futures Draft (1994's) Players With Wisconsin Ties

First Round
                  #8. Justin Wade (Chicago Mission U16)-Fargo (potential recruit)
                  #10. Zach Stepan (Shattuck St. Marys)-Waterloo (Derek's cousin, potential recruit)
                  #12. Tim Davison (Green Bay Notre Dame Academy)-Youngstown (Wisconsin native, potential recruit)
                  #14. AJ Michaelson (Apple Valley HS, MN)-Waterloo (potential recruit)

Second Round
                  #16. Alex Roos (Team Illinois U16)-Cedar Rapids (potential recruit)
                  #25. Ray Pigozzi (Chicago Mission U16)-Des Moines (potential recruit)

Fourth Round
                  #58. John Feemster (Wausau West HS)-Sioux Falls (Wisconsin native, potential recruit)

Fifth Round
                  #63. Brendan Vetter (Madison Capitols U16)-Fond du Lac (Wisconsin native, potential recruit)

Comment

Also, 2011 committed recruit Brendan Woods was selected in the Expansion draft yesterday.

According to the USHL, member clubs were able to protect up to 8 veteran players (players who had played in at least 10 games).

Woods, a 17 year old winger out of Virginia just finished up his first season in the USHL with the Chicago Steel. The 6'2, 180 pound forward battled serious leg injuries in the early part of the season but was able to rebound and finish the season strong. Woods finished the season with 10 points in 34 games but had 6 points in his final 10 games. Woods is expected to be selected in this summers NHL Draft.

Woods joins former Wisconsin assistant coach Kevin Patrick in Muskegon who no doubt had a large hand in selecting Woods. Patrick left the Wisconsin program at the completion of the 2009-2010 hockey season.

Comment

Brad Schlossman is reporting that Brady Hjelle will be leaving UMD and heading back to the USHL for one season, leaving him 2 years of eligibility.

Brady was a pretty good goalie in the USHL previously, could this be an the goalie for the Badgers to come in in 2011 w/ Rumpel and bring along some NCAA experience?

Another option is Kevin Murdock who left Mankato and is headed back to the USHL after his freshman season there.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                        Brad Schlossman is reporting that Brady Hjelle will be leaving UMD and heading back to the USHL for one season, leaving him 2 years of eligibility.

Brady was a pretty good goalie in the USHL previously, could this be an the goalie for the Badgers to come in in 2011 w/ Rumpel and bring along some NCAA experience?

Another option is Kevin Murdock who left Mankato and is headed back to the USHL after his freshman season there.
                        Not if he left because he felt Aaron Crandall beat him out.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Not if he left because he felt Aaron Crandall beat him out.
                          What I read didn't mention that, IF that is the case...well good luck to him then.

Edit: nothing in this article from Kevin Pates leads me to believe that, he played 19 games last season, Crandall played in 0.

Just looking for options for the Badgers, since I'm a little concerned about 2011 in goal w/ just Rumpel.
                          Last edited by Gandalf the Red; 05-20-2010, 11:50 AM.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            What I read didn't mention that, IF that is the case...well good luck to him then.

Edit: nothing in this article from Kevin Pates leads me to believe that, he played 19 games last season, Crandall played in 0.

Just looking for options for the Badgers, since I'm a little concerned about 2011 in goal w/ just Rumpel.
                            I just threw it out there as a scenario of Hjelle leaving, but reading that Duluth Trib article, I agree with you 100% that probably wasn't the case. Hjelle's numbers were very similar to Brett Bennett's this year...not eye catching.

My post (#360 of this thread) brought up my ongoing concern about goalie recruits. DPlaya filled us in about a goalie named Billy Wager, but I've read nothing about him since.

Maybe Coach Bill Howard can be persuaded to be one of the new PAID assistant coaches with the emphasis on goaltending?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              I just threw it out there as a scenario of Hjelle leaving, but reading that Duluth Trib article, I agree with you 100% that probably wasn't the case. Hjelle's numbers were very similar to Brett Bennett's this year...not eye catching.

My post (#360 of this thread) brought up my ongoing concern about goalie recruits. DPlaya filled us in about a goalie named Billy Wager, but I've read nothing about him since.

Maybe Coach Bill Howard can be persuaded to be one of the new PAID assistant coaches with the emphasis on goaltending?
                              Doesn't look like much is new with Wager...he was not selected in the OHL or USHL Drafts, but could be selected in the NAHL Draft.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Doesn't look like much is new with Wager...he was not selected in the OHL or USHL Drafts, but could be selected in the NAHL Draft.
                                Passed up by the OHL and USHL....hmmm. Somebody knows something. Maybe he's not who they thought he was? I'm not a scout, but I don't know if I'd put any time or effort into him.
                                I still have a red-*** about Mike Johnson going to Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                                X