Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I would tend to concur. Coaches rarely take this bold a step as to kick 2 players, brothers yet, off the team entirely.

they must have a pattern of some reckless behavior.....and not adding 2+2
    The brothers thing probably has little to do with it. Victor raised some eyebrows that BU would even take him to begin with...with some opinoining that it was done to entice Vinny to pick them. If you are going to boot Vinny, then it is no suprise the Victor would not be welcomed at that point.

As to looking at Vinny at UW if he does not simply turn pro or go the MJ route, I would certainly kick the tires. Sometimes a slap in the face is the wake up call kids need and then sometimes they never wake up regardless of how many slaps they get. I would do some investigating and maybe even sit down with the kid if he were interested in looking at continuing in college.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Ryan Walters Update

I've spoken to anonymous sources familiar with the situation and they have said that they believe Walters has spoken with up to 18 college hockey teams since his de-commitment. They also mentioned that it sounds as if Walters will be taking some visits to see these schools as soon as today.

I've been told that Wisconsin is a "strong consideration" for Walters services. Wisconsin issued a press release today announcing their 2010 recruiting class. That recruiting class includes 6 incoming freshman forwards to replace 8 out going forwards (7 seniors, and Thurber). That would leave us at 14 forwards, or about 1 forward short. Eaves has played it pretty coy as to the number of forwards we will roster this season. I'm fairly certain that he's making a strong push to get a commitment out of Walters to fill out the roster.

And trust me, this would be one HUGE commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        If a 35+ year veteran coach like Jack Parker kicks a 30-point producer all the way off his team, this problem probably goes much deeper than a drinking violation, or a missed bike/ride or practice. This likely goes far deeper than second chances would likely correct, or would have been served with suspensions.

This move was likely in the team's best interest.

In other words, you probably would not want him on your team or at your school, either.
        I think players deserve a second chance when they demostrate they have learned from their past mistakes. Look @ Bennett. Bennett's 2nd chance worked out from non-playing perspective. He didn't whine or cry when Goody became the full time starter. By his own account, he said he matured a lot since his days @ BU. He could very well unseat Goody next year.

Hopefully Thurber has learned from his mistake @ UW and flourishes @ NM with his second chance.

So in that vein, if Vinny can demonstrate he's learned from his mistakes, give him a second chance at someplace new. If they bring him in and he's a ******, they can let him go too. Eaves' may have a shorter fuse than Parker. I think it's a low risk, high reward deal.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hello Wisco fans! BU alum here. Reading your thread with some amusement. Followed Bennett's body of work this year from afar. I don't discount the growth ( physically or mentally) of twenty somethings and noticed where BB didn't have a half-bad year for you guys ( although Gudmanson did beat him out for the starting role.) The consensus of BU fans was that his unfocussed play almost singlehandedly kept us out of the NCAA tourney his last year here. Obviously became a decent player but hasn't yet lived up to his much ballyhooed hype. Jury's still out. Now, regarding Vinny Saponari. Take him, he's yours for the asking. I don't have any more info than what's already posted on the BU thread. ( As I said, I'm an alum, not on campus, and with no pipeline into the coaching staff.) But I did see him play a significant number of games the last two years. (I'm an Agganis season ticket holder.) The guy is maturing, albeit slowly. He is big-bodied but has stone hands. He missed more open nets than I care to remember. Did show some better marksmanship later in the season and will probably become a first line wing in his junior or senior year if given a chance somewhere else. Not Hobey Baker and certainly not Colin Wilson. Thankfully we have a few serious snipers coming in with this freshman class. Lord knows we'll need them. My question to you is this- Under NCAA rules, does he (or anyone who transfers under such circumstances) have to sit out next year? If so, can he receive an athletic scholarship for that down year? Does he have to pay his own way for that year? Is Wisco in a position to give him a scholarship if he's not on the roster next season? I think we see you next year. Hope I don't get confused by your uniforms and root for the wrong team.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he does have to sit out a season when transferring to another D1 school, even though he was dismissed from the team. UW had to kick a player off the team this season, and he has to sit out next season after transferring to Northern Michigan.

Comment

He does have to sit out a season and yes it is possible to get a scholarship in the season you have to sit out, although it is rare. A player of his quality might get it though.

Comment

If you're not following me on twitter or the blog, Ryan Walters will be in for a visit soon. So that is positive news on the recruiting front.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  If you're not following me on twitter or the blog, Ryan Walters will be in for a visit soon. So that is positive news on the recruiting front.
                  H-e-l-l-s yeah!

I hope Coach Eaves can get Mr. Walters to come to UW. that would be a great get, not to mention I can picture him cupping his ear as he skates past the rat bench in the mooch after scoring any of a number of goals for UW vs rodents next season
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    H-e-l-l-s yeah!

I hope Coach Eaves can get Mr. Walters to come to UW. that would be a great get, not to mention I can picture him cupping his ear as he skates past the rat bench in the mooch after scoring any of a number of goals for UW vs rodents next season
                    Having a crappy day at work until reading this.
                    Originally posted by solovsfett
                    To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                      Having a crappy day at work until reading this.
                      it's a nice thought for the break
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It sounds like Wisconsin's Mr. Hockey, forward Max McCormick from Notre Dame Academy, is likely to become a Buckeye and play for Mark Osiecki. McCormick visited Ohio State today and was told in advance he'd be getting a scholarship offer. Minnesota State and Alaska Fairbanks have also offered. Wisconsin has had contact, but doesn't appear to have any room in the 2011 class in which Max would like to begin his college hockey career.

I've got the full scoop on Max McCormick here. Also just posted an interview with Badger recruit Matt Paape here.

Comment

not for anything, but this thread title makes you look like *tards
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            not for anything, but this thread title makes you look like *tards
                            Appreciate that.

Comment

Sean Little had the game-winning goal as the Green Bay Gamblers won the Clark Cup Wednesday.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...27s-Clark-Cup-

The highlights do not show Ryan Little participating in human bowling.
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                Sean Little had the game-winning goal as the Green Bay Gamblers won the Clark Cup Wednesday.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...27s-Clark-Cup-

The highlights do not show Ryan Little participating in human bowling.
                                What a great game! A lot of future WCHA talent on display as well.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X