Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    They play in an NHL sized arena that opened in '98.

It's probably a pretty good arena, but way overkill.

And Lord knows OSU has great general athletic facilities (unless the weight rooms, etc. are for football players only... which wouldn't shock me)
    Big arena only matters if that big arena is full. Maybe I'm foolishly underestimating their facilities, but I know their hockey office doesn't have six national championship trophies for recruits to look at.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

I'm not worried about losing any recruits that are already committed. Simonelli and Drake are already signed, sealed and delivered for 2010. McCabe is a Wisconsin kid who isn't going anywhere. Hesketh has been committed to this program for a long time and I don't see him going anywhere. Schmaltz is another Wisconsin kid. The only possibility I could see would be Hesketh but I really don't see him backing out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        Big arena only matters if that big arena is full. Maybe I'm foolishly underestimating their facilities, but I know their hockey office doesn't have six national championship trophies for recruits to look at.
        You're sort of contradicting yourself...you were questioning whether they had facilities that matched most of those in the WCHA. If you're talking the arena they play in, then they definitely have a VERY nice arena. It's nicer than the KC, and holds more than any WCHA arena. You are right that it doesn't really matter much since it's never full. And as EODS said, they surely have great general training facilities.

Practice arena and locker room though? Don't remember for sure, but the arena itself can't be worse than the DCA (and IIRC, their practice arena is right by the Schott).

Comment

Kevin Murdock is leaving Mankato and heading back to the USHL. Could this be an opportunity for the Badgers to transfer this kid in w/ Ruppel in 2011?

His stats weren't great, but Chris over at WCH makes some good points about this freshman season, and it sure would be nice to have another goalie in 2011 who has played at least one game at the NCAA level.

He might be looking for a better gig, though I'd think he'd have every chance to win the starting job, if this was something Eaves pursued.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I'm doing an offseason interview series with Wisconsin players who have gone on to play in Juniors and College.

My first interview was with USNTDP U-17 defenseman Jake McCabe who is committed to UW.

My second interview was with USNTDP U-17 defenseman Joe Fiala who UW has shown interest in.

Click on the links to check out the interviews. I'll try to remember to post a link when I post the next interview as it is another UW recruit .

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              I'm assuming you've had some interest from Division I College Programs? When did you start hearing from them, and if you don't mind sharing it with us, who have you heard from?

I have had offers for visits from Miami, Wisconsin, Yale, Maine, Quinnipiac, Northeastern, Alaska-Anchorage, RIT, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Holy Cross. I have had interest from Michigan State, Nebraska-Omaha, and Bowling Green. I visited Mankato, but it wasn’t the right fit for me. I am visiting Miami on the weekend of Mother’s Day. There have been a couple of coaching changes with CCHA schools that I might be interested in now. I plan to make my decision in the spring or the summer. I started hearing from colleges in the beginning of my freshman year.
              *Looks at the bolded text* oh ****.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                *Looks at the bolded text* oh ****.
                Yeah well he also listed Bowling Green and they had a change. And the guy who drafted him to the Indiana Ice, Blashil, took the job at Western Michigan. But you can bet that Oz will be on him. Good catch.

ps...told you he was visiting Miami!

Comment

Found an article on a goaltender the Badgers have been talking with...The Badgers are listed among many colleges on goaltender Billy Wager's potential college list, along with the Major Junior option.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                    Found an article on a goaltender the Badgers have been talking with...The Badgers are listed among many colleges on goaltender Billy Wager's potential college list, along with the Major Junior option.
                    It could be major,

if we sign Billy Wager.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

BU forward Vinny Saponari has been kicked off the team for some issues. He's an elite Sophomore forward who had 30 points this season. When he was being recruited it came down to us and BU for his services. Although we were the favorite for much of the way, he went to BU where his brother was playing.

I would LOVE to have this kid on the team. He deserves a second chance.

Wisconsin Hockey: Back 2 back BU transfers?

Edit: That said...the kid will probably go pro, but we'll see.
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        BU forward Vinny Saponari has been kicked off the team for some issues. He's an elite Sophomore forward who had 30 points this season. When he was being recruited it came down to us and BU for his services. Although we were the favorite for much of the way, he went to BU where his brother was playing.

Wisconsin Hockey: Back 2 back BU transfers?

Edit: That said...the kid will probably go pro, but we'll see.
                        My offer of buying him lunch at Fraboni's every day still stands.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Easy Exile...even though everyone knows your joking...the NCAA doesn't care....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            If a 35+ year veteran coach like Jack Parker kicks a 30-point producer all the way off his team, this problem probably goes much deeper than a drinking violation, or a missed bike/ride or practice. This likely goes far deeper than second chances would likely correct, or would have been served with suspensions.

This move was likely in the team's best interest.

In other words, you probably would not want him on your team or at your school, either.

Comment

Why was Bennett let go by BU?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                                If a 35+ year veteran coach like Jack Parker kicks a 30-point producer all the way off his team, this problem probably goes much deeper than a drinking violation, or a missed bike/ride or practice. This likely goes far deeper than second chances would likely correct, or would have been served with suspensions.

This move was likely in the team's best interest.

In other words, you probably would not want him on your team or at your school, either.
                                I would tend to concur. Coaches rarely take this bold a step as to kick 2 players, brothers yet, off the team entirely.

they must have a pattern of some reckless behavior.....and not adding 2+2
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X