Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

They should rename this post - "Sconi recruiting: what are you going to do when Eaves takes back your Scholarship"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      This post is what I was trying to say, but somehow it got interpreted as that UW would be a frozen four favorite. Why don't you guys quit trying to jump all over my posts and actually read them:
      Oh... you're just misunderstood.

We wouldn't have been a FF "contender" either. We weren't a good team last year.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Oh... you're just misunderstood.

We wouldn't have been a FF "contender" either. We weren't a good team last year.
        To UW standards we weren't a good team. But the fact of the matter is that we had a good enough team that with one more win, we make the tournament. After that, I contend that we could've beaten anyone in our bracket just like we almost did with a losing record in 2008. For as smart as you think you are, it's hard to believe you won't buy my argument even though the exact case just about happened right in front of our faces in Madison in the previous year. Plus you add in the solid freshmen class that Eaves recruited for the next year with guys like Stepan and Gardiner and we probably have an even stronger team. Plus we didn't even lose that many key players. (Drewski probably being the most important plus Street tearing his knee)

Or maybe you just try to pick apart every one of my posts because you have nothing better to do. Who knows...
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
          They should rename this post - "Sconi recruiting: what are you going to do when Eaves takes back your Scholarship"
          Which POST are you talking about? Maybe the one up your ***. Troll somewhere else.
          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

You make the tournament and your a FF contender - just ask 2009 lower seeds Bemidji State, Miami and Vermont. Miami made the tourney by an eyelash last year and came within a minute of winning the championship...

Interesting thing about sports, anything can happen...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              You make the tournament and your a FF contender - just ask 2009 lower seeds Bemidji State, Miami and Vermont. Miami made the tourney by an eyelash last year and came within a minute of winning the championship...

I think that is a overly broad definition of a contender. In my world you have to be on of the top 8 seeds to be realistically considered a F4 contender, just because you have a chance to make the F4 does not make you a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Just because you make the tournament does not make you a contender. The AHA autobid will not be considered a contender no matter what. When Holy Cross beat Minnesota they were considered lucky, not a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                  Just because you make the tournament does not make you a contender. The AHA autobid will not be considered a contender no matter what. When Holy Cross beat Minnesota they were considered lucky, not a contender.
                  This is just a matter of semantics then. We'll agree to disagree. I'm done whining about Kyle Turris.. for now.
                  Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                    Or we could rename the THREAD "Wisconsin Recruiting - yet another thread where RinkPig contributes absolutely nothing."
                    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                      This is just a matter of semantics then. We'll agree to disagree. I'm done whining about Kyle Turris.. for now.
                      Semantics = VW writes stupid stuff that others with more knowledge disagree with?

Comment

Not that you should care, but I absolutely think getting into the NCAA tournament gives a major-conference team a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing. Especially last year's Wisconsin team. As a Sioux fan, I saw them hand the Sioux their helmets in the third-place game last year, thinking how Wisconsin could skate with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                          Not that you should care, but I absolutely think getting into the NCAA tournament gives a major-conference team a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing. Especially last year's Wisconsin team. As a Sioux fan, I saw them hand the Sioux their helmets in the third-place game last year, thinking how Wisconsin could skate with anyone.
                          To a certain extent, that is true. To borrow from the NFL: "On any given Sunday, anyone can win." However in the NCAA playoffs, even Mankato or Michigan Tech (should they win the WCHA playoffs) have to admit that they aren't really in the running for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                            Saying that anything can happen in a short tourney is much different than declaring a flawed team a CONTENDER on the strength of anything can happen in a short tourney.

Comment

How about we get back to UW Recruiting?

With the Wisconsin high school state tournament this weekend in Madison there are going to be a few potential recruits in action. Here are a few names to look at if you are going.

11 AM Superior vs Eau Claire Memorial

Superior
                              Chris Bishop-Defense (Senior)
                              Brett Bukowski-Defense (Soph)
                              Nolan Holcombe-Forward (Soph)
                              Caleb Dushkin-Forward (Soph)
                              Daniel Litchke-Forward (Frosh)

Memorial
                              Alex Dahl-Forwad (Junior)
                              Shayne McLaughlin-Defense (Senior)
                              Michael Kapla-Defense (Frosh)
                              Brady Burzynski-Forward (Soph)
                              Hunter Scott-Forward (Junior)
                              Saxton Soley-Goalie (Junior)

1:15 Wausau West vs Wisconsin Rapids

Wausau West
                              Garrett Clemente-Forward (Junior)
                              Derek Knetter-Defense (Senior)
                              Kyle Lee-Forward (Soph)
                              Josh Feemster-Defense (Frosh)
                              Austin Priebe-Goalie (Soph)

5:00 Stoughton vs University School of Milwaukee

Stoughton
                              Trevor Hoth-Forward (Junior)
                              Neil McMillian-Defense (Junior)

University School
                              Ashton Wackym-Forward (Soph)
                              Simon Leahy-Forward (Junior)

7:15 Madison Edgewood vs Notre Dame Academy

Madison Edgewood

Gage Maurer-Forward (Junior)
                              Taylor Brown-Forward (Soph)
                              Zach Zanoya-Forward (Soph)
                              Cameron Brown-Forward (Frosh)

Notre Dame Academy
                              Max McCormick-Forward (Senior)
                              Tim Davison-Defense (Soph)
                              Tony Kujava-Goalie (Senior)
                              Steven Phillips-Forward (Frosh)
                              Austin Veith-Forward (Soph)
                              Brandon Walls-Forward (Soph)
                              Jason Reynolds-Forward (Frosh)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                How about we get back to UW Recruiting?

With the Wisconsin high school state tournament this weekend in Madison there are going to be a few potential recruits in action. Here are a few names to look at if you are going.

11 AM Superior vs Eau Claire Memorial

Superior
                                Chris Bishop-Defense (Senior)
                                Brett Bukowski-Defense (Soph)
                                Nolan Holcombe-Forward (Soph)
                                Caleb Dushkin-Forward (Soph)
                                Daniel Litchke-Forward (Frosh)

Memorial
                                Alex Dahl-Forwad (Junior)
                                Shayne McLaughlin-Defense (Senior)
                                Michael Kapla-Defense (Frosh)
                                Brady Burzynski-Forward (Soph)
                                Hunter Scott-Forward (Junior)
                                Saxton Soley-Goalie (Junior)

1:15 Wausau West vs Wisconsin Rapids

Wausau West
                                Garrett Clemente-Forward (Junior)
                                Derek Knetter-Defense (Senior)
                                Kyle Lee-Forward (Soph)
                                Josh Feemster-Defense (Frosh)
                                Austin Priebe-Goalie (Soph)

5:00 Stoughton vs University School of Milwaukee

Stoughton
                                Trevor Hoth-Forward (Junior)
                                Neil McMillian-Defense (Junior)

University School
                                Ashton Wackym-Forward (Soph)
                                Simon Leahy-Forward (Junior)

7:15 Madison Edgewood vs Notre Dame Academy

Madison Edgewood

Gage Maurer-Forward (Junior)
                                Taylor Brown-Forward (Soph)
                                Zach Zanoya-Forward (Soph)
                                Cameron Brown-Forward (Frosh)