Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Please accept my apologies. I am getting up there, but that was before my time. I was kind of speed reading the article to a post on here, but Maize beat me to it.
    Accepted, You darn kids, always in a hurry.
    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Rumpel was at the game yesterday. Hope he had a good time.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

There you go: http://collegehockey247.rivals.com/c...sp?CID=1049854
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          Sweet
          Wisconsin Badgers
          NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Good news regarding Rumpel. Maybe we can get some remarks from the hockey media, or are they waiting for Chuck to comment then use his words!
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Good news regarding Rumpel. Maybe we can get some remarks from the hockey media, or are they waiting for Chuck to comment then use his words!
              Haha.

Comment

Hopefully we can recruit one more quality goalie. I wouldn't be comfortable with a walk on as his backup. I liked the transfer idea above to have a veteran presence in case if Rumpel isn't ready right away.
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                  Hopefully we can recruit one more quality goalie. I wouldn't be comfortable with a walk on as his backup. I liked the transfer idea above to have a veteran presence in case if Rumpel isn't ready right away.
                  The chances of that happening again are slim to none.

Comment

Rumpel will not exactly be an 18 year old freshman. He'll come in old enough to drink at places other then Kollege Klub. However, yes I want a quality second option.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Rumpel will not exactly be an 18 year old freshman. He'll come in old enough to drink at places other then Kollege Klub. However, yes I want a quality second option.
                      I still think bringing in an older kid next year like Summerhays or Grosenick is the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I still think bringing in an older kid next year like Summerhays or Grosenick is the right move.
                        Summerhays isn't a bad goalie, pretty good for the Gamblers when I've seen him.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Baggotts blog update. Once again fails to give credit where credit is due. How hard would it be to mention that collegehockey247.com broke the story this afternoon you no good hack of a sports writer?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Well at least "he" stole comments from ch247 and not you, Chuck.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I know it is fun to pick on Baggott...but I fail to see where he "stole" comments when he has direct quotes from the kids coach and obviously had a phone conversation with him &/or the player regarding the commitment. It was hardly a shocker that the kid committed and basically everyone in Badger nation knew the kid was coming for the Camp Randall Classic and likely to leave a verbal commit. Because CH247 did a story does not preclude other media outlets from coming to the same end result independently. Do you really thing Baggott only decided to call the kids coach when he saw the internet report of his commit or might he have had that phone call on his Monday morning schedule?
                              Last edited by markwojo; 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                I know it is fun to pick on Baggott...but I fail to see where he "stole" comments when he has direct quotes from the kids coach and obviously had a phone conversation with him &/or the player regarding the commitment. It was hardly a shocker that the kid committed and basically everyone in Badger nation knew the kid was coming for the Camp Randall Classic and likely to leave a verbal commit. Because CH247 did a story does not preclude other media outlets from coming to the same end result independently. Do you really thing Baggott only decided to call the kids coach when he saw the internet report of his commit or might he have had that phone call on his Monday morning schedule?
                                I agree with markwojo. The guy has made more UW recruiting leads than all these "insiders" combined. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X