Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Must have, because no one that good would be uncommitted to the NCAA route at this point (20 yrs old) if he wasn't connected to the CHL at some point.
    He has played 21 games in the OHL.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Sounds like Rumpel will be a Badger if UW wants him:

http://collegehockey247.rivals.com/c...sp?CID=1047535
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Goalie Alert....from the WI St Journal.....Joel Rumpel (18 yrs old), from Swift Current, Saskatchewan, has emerged as one of the top goaltenders in the BCHL during his rookie season. He currently is 16-3 with a 1.86 goals against average and 92.4 save ratio.

Harbinson (his team's head coach), whose current club has more than a dozen NCAA Division I signees or commitments, said Rumpel has attracted "a ton'' of interest, but that he's focused primarily on UW because of its long history of producing big-time goaltenders.

He is visiting this weekend. This uncle is the famous Roy Schultz and his goalie coach is the almost as famous Ed Lebler, 2 former UW tenders.

Personally, I love tenders from Canada. The BCHL is an offensive league and this kid has great numbers.

At what point will Eaves make this kid an offer? Sooner than later? This weekend? Today?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Goalie Alert....from the WI St Journal.....Joel Rumpel (18 yrs old), from Swift Current, Saskatchewan, has emerged as one of the top goaltenders in the BCHL during his rookie season. He currently is 16-3 with a 1.86 goals against average and 92.4 save ratio.

Harbinson (his team's head coach), whose current club has more than a dozen NCAA Division I signees or commitments, said Rumpel has attracted "a ton'' of interest, but that he's focused primarily on UW because of its long history of producing big-time goaltenders.

He is visiting this weekend. This uncle is the famous Roy Schultz and his goalie coach is the almost as famous Ed Lebler, 2 former UW tenders.

Personally, I love tenders from Canada. The BCHL is an offensive league and this kid has great numbers.

At what point will Eaves make this kid an offer? Sooner than later? This weekend? Today?
          Crossing fingers..... anyone else want to join on that one?

Comment

Looks like we have an emerging target that seems talented enough to start as a true frosh after Bennett & Guddy graduate. It would be nice to find an older kid perhaps willing to come in next season as a walk on for one season to get a year under their belt in Madison as a more mature compliment to a young kid like Rumpel.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
              Looks like we have an emerging target that seems talented enough to start as a true frosh after Bennett & Guddy graduate. It would be nice to find an older kid perhaps willing to come in next season as a walk on for one season to get a year under their belt in Madison as a more mature compliment to a young kid like Rumpel.
              Troy Grosenick...

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                Fingers & toes crossed. This guy came out of nowhere. I hope he continues to tear it up.

Yes this is a Rumpel rink! (When did I post that, aktick, 2003?)
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I think you can count this Rumpel kid as signed, sealed, and delivered. Sounds like an elite kid that could possibly start as a frosh in 2011.

Now the biggest question is what do we do with the second spot. Do we bring in a kid who can walk on next season like Grosenick? Do we find a possible transfer for 2011 like we did with Brett Bennett? Or do we try and land another elite kid for 2011 like Ryan McKay from the Green Bay Gamblers or Matthew Mahalak from the Youngstown Phantoms? Or even crazier, wait for elite Eastern goaltender Jay Wiliams from Hotchkiss Prep for 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Fingers & toes crossed. This guy came out of nowhere. I hope he continues to tear it up.

Yes this is a Rumpel rink! (When did I post that, aktick, 2003?)
                    Not sure, just Googled it, but it was a while ago. I remember some people here wanting to start it up again, but I haven't heard it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      I think you can count this Rumpel kid as signed, sealed, and delivered. Sounds like an elite kid that could possibly start as a frosh in 2011.
                      Chuck, its because MCR and I had our fingers crossed, MCR even had his toes crossed also!
                      MCR= True Badger Fan..... Dam him and his toes !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      Last edited by Red Till I'm Dead!; 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM. Reason: messed up quotes

Comment

Chuck, its because MCR and I had our fingers crossed, MCR even had his toes crossed also!
                        MCR= True Badger Fan..... Darn him!!!!!!!!
                        I mean nothing is official, we didn't even offer yet. But the kid did as much as he could without flat admitting if they offer i will accept this weekend. And I have no doubt in my mind we're going to offer him this weekend.

I think the University of Wisconsin has really botched up this camp randall game (more on that at a different time), but Eaves being able to use this as a big recruiting weekend could be a very, very good idea.

Comment

I mean nothing is official, we didn't even offer yet. But the kid did as much as he could without flat admitting if they offer i will accept this weekend. And I have no doubt in my mind we're going to offer him this weekend.

I think the University of Wisconsin has really botched up this camp randall game (more on that at a different time), but Eaves being able to use this as a big recruiting weekend could be a very, very good idea.
                          That is a big thing that some may have forgotten. This game is a awesome recruiting tool and hopefully there will be more recruits there than just this goalie. This is something that very few schools can do! UM and MSU and maybe minny could do this.

I don't count BU and BC because that event at fenway was not set up just for them. They were the add on event, the NHL was the main event

Comment

Now the biggest question is what do we do with the second spot. Do we bring in a kid who can walk on next season like Grosenick? Do we find a possible transfer for 2011 like we did with Brett Bennett? Or do we try and land another elite kid for 2011 like Ryan McKay from the Green Bay Gamblers or Matthew Mahalak from the Youngstown Phantoms? Or even crazier, wait for elite Eastern goaltender Jay Wiliams from Hotchkiss Prep for 2012?
                            The idea of 2 elite tenders both being frosh is 2011 is a bad idea. I don't want to see 3-4 years of "whose the starter tonight".

Rumpel, at this point, seems insanely awesome prospect. If I were an elite tender, I wouldn't come to WI knowing Rumpel may be there 3-4 years and I may not see much ice time. You'd have to have a pretty big ego and be a bigger talent to unseat a guy with this kind of potential.

I'd love to see a guy come in next year, perhaps walk on with the idea of getting a scholarship the following year. The question is a kid like that going to be any good?

The transfer might be a good idea, but those are really rare.

Once Rumpel signs, It really won't matter to me what Eaves does with the #2 guy unless Rumpel pulls a Crandel.

Comment

?
                              Ed Lebler was a wing.
                              The idea of 2 elite tenders both being frosh is 2011 is a bad idea. I don't want to see 3-4 years of "whose the starter tonight".

Rumpel, at this point, seems insanely awesome prospect. If I were an elite tender, I wouldn't come to WI knowing Rumpel may be there 3-4 years and I may not see much ice time. You'd have to have a pretty big ego and be a bigger talent to unseat a guy with this kind of potential.

I'd love to see a guy come in next year, perhaps walk on with the idea of getting a scholarship the following year. The question is a kid like that going to be any good?

The transfer might be a good idea, but those are really rare.

Once Rumpel signs, It really won't matter to me what Eaves does with the #2 guy unless Rumpel pulls a Crandel.
                              It worked out for Marc Behrend
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                                Ed Lebler was a wing.
                                Please accept my apologies. I am getting up there, but that was before my time. I was kind of speed reading the article to a post on here, but Maize beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X