Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Tyler Barnes had a goal in the USHL All-Star game tonight.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Chuck, what is your take on Sean Little? I haven't seen him, but understand he's a physical player. I see he has 2g 4a in 33 gp as a forward. I think the term "underwhelming" was used somewhere...

In 33 gp it seems at least a couple of extra goals would just accidently bounce off a guy's stick. Is there a story behind that story?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        In 33 gp it seems at least a couple of extra goals would just accidently bounce off a guy's stick. Is there a story behind that story?
        Yes, another story

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
          Yes, another story
          Another story involving compromising pics of Barry Alvarez?

Because I've heard that one before.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Another story involving compromising pics of Barry Alvarez?

Because I've heard that one before.
            Shhhhhhhhhh, keep that on the DL

Comment

Chuck, what is your take on Sean Little? I haven't seen him, but understand he's a physical player. I see he has 2g 4a in 33 gp as a forward. I think the term "underwhelming" was used somewhere...

I've made several Gamblers games the last few years, last season Sean was on the 4th line and didn't see much ice time. Though when I was there he had some nice chances, just didn't convert. Last season he also came on late in the season, maybe that will happen again this year, there is still 2.5 months of USHL regular season left.

This year, he's on the 3rd line (so not a scoring position), and is behind some of the nice scorers who "hog" the boxscores like Anders Lee. He was a regular on the PK at the games I saw, and did well there.

Personally, I like the way he plays, he hasn't filled the stat sheet, but I don't think he's been in the position to be a "scorer" either. He plays physical, is not afraid to put a hit on anyone, and gives his best effort. If he starts as a 4th line PKer, that won't be a bad spot for him.

I believe Eaves compared him to Ben Grotting, I'd say a Grotting w/ more upside on offense.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Take Gandalf's word on Little. He's seen much more of him than I have. I also agree with his assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  I've made several Gamblers games the last few years, last season Sean was on the 4th line and didn't see much ice time. Though when I was there he had some nice chances, just didn't convert. Last season he also came on late in the season, maybe that will happen again this year, there is still 2.5 months of USHL regular season left.

This year, he's on the 3rd line (so not a scoring position), and is behind some of the nice scorers who "hog" the boxscores like Anders Lee. He was a regular on the PK at the games I saw, and did well there.

Personally, I like the way he plays, he hasn't filled the stat sheet, but I don't think he's been in the position to be a "scorer" either. He plays physical, is not afraid to put a hit on anyone, and gives his best effort. If he starts as a 4th line PKer, that won't be a bad spot for him.

I believe Eaves compared him to Ben Grotting, I'd say a Grotting w/ more upside on offense.
                  I played with both Littles in high school. Sean has a long way to go (IMO) before he has the talent that Ryan has. Plus, look where Ryan ended up when he got here.
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I am excited to see Barnes and Zengerle step right into the scoring action next year! They should be able to put some goals on to the scoreboard next year at the Kohl. I love that we have a balance of grinders and scorers coming on to the team next year. It helps a ton to have players that know their role before they step onto campus. That's what it will take to get more NCAA titles at Wisconsin. It should be some good upcoming years for the cardinal and white!

Also, I think Dahl will surprise some people scoring wise once he’s got some experience at the college level.

Simonelli and Mersch didn’t impress me on there visit to the Kohl, but a year of growth both physically and mentally will help a lot for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                      I am excited to see Barnes and Zengerle step right into the scoring action next year! They should be able to put some goals on to the scoreboard next year at the Kohl. I love that we have a balance of grinders and scorers coming on to the team next year. It helps a ton to have players that know their role before they step onto campus. That's what it will take to get more NCAA titles at Wisconsin. It should be some good upcoming years for the cardinal and white!

Also, I think Dahl will surprise some people scoring wise once he’s got some experience at the college level.

Simonelli and Mersch didn’t impress me on there visit to the Kohl, but a year of growth both physically and mentally will help a lot for next year.
                      -I'm also excited to see Barnes and especially Zengerle. The combination of scoring ability and maturity is almost unheard of these days. Players like Zengerle rarely stay that extra year of junior.

-Agreed on the mix of players coming in. Little is probably the weakest of the group but he was brought in for a reason, and it wasn't his scoring ability. As long as he knows his role, he'll be fine.

-Dahl will be a fun player to watch. Not for his scoring ability but for his play making ability. I haven't seen many players at the high school level see the ice as well as he can.

-Simonelli and Mersch are young you need to remember that. Especially Mersch being a late 1992 birth year. Keep in mind age wise that Mersch is only a junior in high school right now. I wouldn't expect him to be impressive against the second ranked team in the country at the college level right now. Hell guys like Grotting and Bendickson are like 6 1/2 years older than Mersch right now.

Comment

Wisconsin is looking at Delano, MN forward Tyler Heinonen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          -I'm also excited to see Barnes and especially Zengerle. The combination of scoring ability and maturity is almost unheard of these days. Players like Zengerle rarely stay that extra year of junior.

-Agreed on the mix of players coming in. Little is probably the weakest of the group but he was brought in for a reason, and it wasn't his scoring ability. As long as he knows his role, he'll be fine.

-Dahl will be a fun player to watch. Not for his scoring ability but for his play making ability. I haven't seen many players at the high school level see the ice as well as he can.

-Simonelli and Mersch are young you need to remember that. Especially Mersch being a late 1992 birth year. Keep in mind age wise that Mersch is only a junior in high school right now. I wouldn't expect him to be impressive against the second ranked team in the country at the college level right now. Hell guys like Grotting and Bendickson are like 6 1/2 years older than Mersch right now.
                          I like Dahl as well, I think he is the "wildcard" in next season's freshmen class. I liked what I saw last season when he was w/ the Gamblers, he just needs to get stronger, he is filling the box scores for Youngstown recently, which is a good sign on a young team that (at least reading box scores) had struggled early on in their expansion season.

Mersch has one thing you can't teach: size. Nice to have a power forward w/ a lot of upside coming in.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            I like Dahl as well, I think he is the "wildcard" in next season's freshmen class. I liked what I saw last season when he was w/ the Gamblers, he just needs to get stronger, he is filling the box scores for Youngstown recently, which is a good sign on a young team that (at least reading box scores) had struggled early on in their expansion season.

Mersch has one thing you can't teach: size. Nice to have a power forward w/ a lot of upside coming in.
                            Every great team has a wildcard..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Comment

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

AWESOME

Comment

Working...
                                X