Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Mersch and Dahl aren't bad talents either, I think the only one who will be bench bound right away is Sean Little. I like Little though, he has shown me some good stuff at Gamblers games. Hasn't filled the box score, but I like the way he plays; he'll be a good Badger.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Given the number of freshmen and Eaves tendency to see what players can do early in the season, I expect a LOT of roster and line shuffling in the first few games. Unless the player looks totally out of place in practice, I expect them ALL to be given some type of game opportunity in the first few games. It will be up to them to take advantage of their opportunity and show that they should be a line-up regular.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking.

Murray - Stepan - Smith
        Lee - Thurber - Zengerle
        Johnson - Turnbull - Barnes
        Clark - Dolan - Frosh

That would be a fine offensive unit. If Stepan goes pro, though, we could be in trouble.
        I am drooling over the Lee-Thurber-Zengerle line. Or, If you want to go really crazy, 1st Star-Stepan-Smith.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

While we're having fun, we can try to project the DMen. I think Smith, Goloubef, and McDonaugh are surely gone so I will plan accordingly.

Gardiner - Little
          Ramage - Springer
          Schulz - Johnson

I don't know much about Drake or Simonelli, but I would think that they could easily beat out Springer or Johnson if they know their head from their *** because neither are world beaters. If any of Smith, Goloubef or McD decide to stay, that would be a huge, but I'm not counting on it.
          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Can anyone comment on Chase Drake? I am actually from Mosinee, but unfortunately, was out of the hockey scene for a while, and didn't follow him at all.

From what I found his uncle was my high school coach, and now coaches the girls (co-op) team.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              While we're having fun, we can try to project the DMen. I think Smith, Goloubef, and McDonaugh are surely gone so I will plan accordingly.

Gardiner - Little
              Ramage - Springer
              Schulz - Johnson

I don't know much about Drake or Simonelli, but I would think that they could easily beat out Springer or Johnson if they know their head from their *** because neither are world beaters. If any of Smith, Goloubef or McD decide to stay, that would be a huge, but I'm not counting on it.
              I think if a third d-man bolts (Goulobef), Hasketh will be brought in a year early. And I would be shocked if Simonelli was not in the top six.

By the way, why is the consensus that Turnbull is a lock next year for the lineup? I think Mersch has got as good a chance as Turnbull, Dolan or Thurber.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                I think if a third d-man bolts (Goulobef), Hasketh will be brought in a year early. And I would be shocked if Simonelli was not in the top six.
                I doubt they bring in Hesketh if we lose 3. We have 9 defensemen this year which is on the heavy side. Most teams would like to carry 8 defensemen. And you are correct, Simonelli will be in the lineup next season.

Gardiner-Ramage
                Schultz-Simonelli
                Johnson-Springer
                Little-Drake

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  I doubt they bring in Hesketh if we lose 3. We have 9 defensemen this year which is on the heavy side. Most teams would like to carry 8 defensemen. And you are correct, Simonelli will be in the lineup next season.

Gardiner-Ramage
                  Schultz-Simonelli
                  Johnson-Springer
                  Little-Drake
                  Chuck, I'd tend to agree with you on the d-pairings. I'm not so sure Goloubef leaves though...

In regard to Jason Clark that sounds like a great late pick-up ala Ramage from this season.

love it. and thanks so much for keeping that noalibisnoregrets blog going strong. You have no idea how great that's been for us fans who don't always get to keep up on recruiting news.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Gardiner-Ramage
                    Schultz-Simonelli
                    Johnson-Springer
                    Little-Drake
                    Wouldn't it be better to spread out Gardiner and Ramage? Having Johnson-Springer on a line would be asking for trouble IMO.
                    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Chuck, I'd tend to agree with you on the d-pairings. I'm not so sure Goloubef leaves though...

In regard to Jason Clark that sounds like a great late pick-up ala Ramage from this season.

love it. and thanks so much for keeping that noalibisnoregrets blog going strong. You have no idea how great that's been for us fans who don't always get to keep up on recruiting news.
                      I agree on Goloubef. I'd say the chances of McD returning are 0%, Smith 10%, Goloubef 50/50. Gardiner probably 70/30, never know w/ a 1st round pick, though I think he still has a lot to learn before turning pro.

I'm hoping that Eaves is starting to learn that good talents are sitting out there late, and that recruiting 10 guys way ahead of time hoping they turn out, is often enough a foolish venture. No doubt that lining up McCabe, Hesketh, etc is as important. Ramage, now Clark, kids develop at different times (or wait to commit), and I'd love to see some late bloomers, whether its turning 17 or 20 when they bloom, who are uncommitted be brought in. Eaves has a tough job, no doubt, but diversifying his recruiting strategy can only help the Badgers.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I doubt they bring in Hesketh if we lose 3. We have 9 defensemen this year which is on the heavy side. Most teams would like to carry 8 defensemen.
                        Chuck,

Isn't there something atypical about Hesketh's draft status that Edmonton will lose his draft rights unless they sign him within 3 years (the end of his sophomore year if he doesnt arrive until 2011)? Maybe its the end of his junior year if he doesnt arrive until 2011?

Comment

Springer in any D-pairing is asking for trouble, in my opinion. I have much more confidence in Johnson.
                          Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                          1. "Varsity"
                          2. "SIEVE!"
                          3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                          4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                          5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
                            Springer in any D-pairing is asking for trouble, in my opinion. I have much more confidence in Johnson.
                            To be fair, Springer will be a Jr and one would assume he's improved from his freshman year (what your comments are based on?) as most of the lads have.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              To be fair, Springer will be a Jr and one would assume he's improved from his freshman year (what your comments are based on?) as most of the lads have.
                              That's true. I think he's only played in a couple of games this year, but it seems like whenever he is on the ice there is an opposing player skating free in our zone. He obviously has some skill, or he wouldn't be here, but with Johnson on the ice I feel less likely to see him out of position or making a bad decision.
                              Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                              1. "Varsity"
                              2. "SIEVE!"
                              3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                              4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                              5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                                Chuck,

Isn't there something atypical about Hesketh's draft status that Edmonton will lose his draft rights unless they sign him within 3 years (the end of his sophomore year if he doesnt arrive until 2011)? Maybe its the end of his junior year if he doesnt arrive until 2011?
                                Chuck can correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as Hesketh is signed up for the 2011/12 season, the Oilers don't lose his rights, and then get 4 years from his beginning of school to sign him. If you remember Chris Hickey, he had to come in because the Wild would lose his rights (he was drafted in 2006 so he had to start school by the 2008/09 season).

Comment

Working...
                                X