College hockey on PBS affiliates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College hockey on PBS affiliates

Does anyone know of any college hockey teams that have games produced and/or aired on PBS affiliates (past or present)? If so, what teams and which affiliate (call letters)? I suppose you can throw in any other college sports, too, in case they don't air hockey but may air basketball or something. I tend to recall a few UNO or Wisconsin hockey games aired on PBS affiliates, but I can't remember for certain. A few of you who know me can guess why I'd like this info

Thanks!
    Michigan Hockey Net
    Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Re: College hockey on PBS affiliates

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
    Does anyone know of any college hockey teams that have games produced and/or aired on PBS affiliates (past or present)? If so, what teams and which affiliate (call letters)? I suppose you can throw in any other college sports, too, in case they don't air hockey but may air basketball or something. I tend to recall a few UNO or Wisconsin hockey games aired on PBS affiliates, but I can't remember for certain. A few of you who know me can guess why I'd like this info

Thanks!
    WPT airs almost every Badger home game, and many away games, on tape delay. I don't know their call letters in Madison or Milwaukee, but I'm pretty sure that they do it statewide.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

NHPTV aired UNH hockey games for a long time, and it developed into a VERY good production, better than NESN and other local coverage, I would say. Unfortunately starting last year they don't cover anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        WPT airs almost every Badger home game, and many away games, on tape delay. I don't know their call letters in Madison or Milwaukee, but I'm pretty sure that they do it statewide.
        I don't believe they have ever shown away games. In Madison it is WHA-TV, Green Bay is WPNE. Not sure of the others in the state. They show a variety of Wisconsin mens and womens sports.

Comment

WGVU televises either one or both of the Calvin-Hope basketball games each year. That's the only sports related thing I can think of ever being on there though, unless you count that one football skit I saw on Red Green.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

A few of you who know me can guess why I'd like this info

Thanks!
            You've been fighting for that for a while (and I've helped too). If there's anything I can do to help from down here, let me know.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            NHPTV aired UNH hockey games for a long time, and it developed into a VERY good production, better than NESN and other local coverage, I would say. Unfortunately starting last year they don't cover anymore.
            They used to archive their broadcasts online, so they may be available still...

Indeed, here they are:
            http://www.nhptv.org/productions/hockey/
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

For the Badgers, Wisconsin Public TV is what I'm looking for since they are the ones who produce and broadcast the games and the other stations probably just grab the satellite feed.

Thanks for the replies! That helps a lot.
              Michigan Hockey Net
              Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

Comment

NET here in Nebraska usually televises roughly 4 UNO games a year statewide.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  You've been fighting for that for a while (and I've helped too). If there's anything I can do to help from down here, let me know.
                  I know I have But we have a new chief engineer now and management seems to be open to all suggestions. I guess you can say right now he has a little bit of political capital to spend as the new guy they really like and don't want to make mad, so lets start spending it while we can I like him a lot, too, because we seem to have the same frame of mind in terms of the programming we currently air and where we need to go in the future. But really in producing these things there's a lot of red tape in terms of obtaining rights and stuff to go through and he felt the best way was to see if any other PBS affiliates have aired games and contact them first to see what hurdles they had to clear and how they went about everything. So I'm getting the ball rolling for him and seeing how far we can get this thing.
                  Michigan Hockey Net
                  Follow MHNet on Twitter

Comment

I know I have But we have a new chief engineer now and management seems to be open to all suggestions. I guess you can say right now he has a little bit of political capital to spend as the new guy they really like and don't want to make mad, so lets start spending it while we can I like him a lot, too, because we seem to have the same frame of mind in terms of the programming we currently air and where we need to go in the future. But really in producing these things there's a lot of red tape in terms of obtaining rights and stuff to go through and he felt the best way was to see if any other PBS affiliates have aired games and contact them first to see what hurdles they had to clear and how they went about everything. So I'm getting the ball rolling for him and seeing how far we can get this thing.
                    Let me see if I'm piecing this together right...

You work for a PBS station in/near Marquette and are trying to get some PBS support for NMU games?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Thanks!
                      WMHT in Schenectady aired some RPI games in the past, but it has been at least 7 or eight years since the last one they aired.

Comment

WFUM in Flint carried some of Michigan's games in NCAA Regionals a few years ago.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

I remember the NCAA regional back in 1999 that carried the Michigan games. Could that be the one you were thinking of?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hey, M-Hockey...Id like to talk with you about something. If you could email me SeKelly@nmu.edu Thanks.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                            X