Death of the Replica Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of the Replica Jersey?

Something I've been noticing over the last few years, whenever I've felt the urge, is that there seems to be fewer and fewer schools offering their jerseys for sale and if they do its harder to find them. As it is, all of the "league shops" and the USCHO shop who seem to be run by the same group all seem to be trying to clearance all their stock.

I was wondering if there were any insights on this and I was wondering if your school has stopped selling them?
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: Death of the Replica Jersey?

I know for a fact that BU still sells them in the bookstore and in Agganis.
    Last edited by Federal League; 08-14-2009, 08:36 PM.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Michigan Tech has Authentics and Replicas available in the arena store.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Michigan Tech has Authentics and Replicas available in the arena store.
        As does The Ralph...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Notre Dame generally has a selection of homes and aways available. They usually offer a handful of different numbers each season.

Comment

I know Northeastern sells many at the games but only a handful at the campus bookstore because Barnes and Noble operates the bookstore therefore taking the cut but when they sell them at the games they make the full profit line...might have something to do with availability of them
            MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

My thing to this is every once in awhile i get an itch to get a hockey jersey... the college pickings are really thin and there aren't a lot of jerseys I like anymore (PC Friar circa 2002, UAF jersey, RPI puckman, so on)... for that I blame the schools of course for allowing jerseys that suck... but you can't find many of them online period these days.

Of course I'll still agitate to get my hands on an AIC jersey.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                My thing to this is every once in awhile i get an itch to get a hockey jersey... the college pickings are really thin and there aren't a lot of jerseys I like anymore (PC Friar circa 2002, UAF jersey, RPI puckman, so on)... for that I blame the schools of course for allowing jerseys that suck... but you can't find many of them online period these days.

Go to a AIC game and sneak into the locker room and swipe one. nobody would know you were there.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

What do you think about the change from 'Lowell' to 'UMass Lowell' on the front of your jerseys.

I though the ones that simply said Lowell were worlds better. They look too cluttered now and that font is pretty cartoonish as well. I would've actually considered buying one of the Lowell ones.
                  I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
                    What do you think about the change from 'Lowell' to 'UMass Lowell' on the front of your jerseys.
                    kill it with fire... the university system board forced that on us... nobody likes it

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

kill it with fire... the university system board forced that on us... nobody likes it
                      Agreed.
                      UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

You can get BC Hockey replicas thru the BC bookstore and at Conte Forum, no problem.

Bentley, however, doesn't sell hockey jerseys, replica or otherwise.
                        Boston College Eagles
                        NCAA Champions
                        1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

RPI's bookstore sells replica jerseys.

D-III Oswego State does as well.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Of the schools I know:

Quinnipiac sells their replica yellow jerseys at the school bookstore, online and at the rink in their little shop. Although, I went and got hte coaches vs cancer game jersey instead of the replica, not that much expensive and it went to a good cause.

I know Yale raffles off a jersey every home game but I'm not sure about whether or not you can buy them.

Sacred Heart also has jerseys in their bookstore.
                            Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                            The Northford years

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              I know for a fact that BU still sells them in the bookstore and in Agganis.
                              trip to the bookstore to get your jersey is an essential part of orientation... they should probably just go ahead and put it on the official schedule
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X