View Full Version : SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Toe Blake's Brother
11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
You going to be in Duluth TBB?

I hope so.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4302454&highlight=Pabst#post4302454

Webb:

Not sure at this point. 50/50 at best. I have talked to Keith (Mr Popcorn) about going up on Saturday. I may have to get the PBR in your hands for delivery. I know that I can trust that you will pass it on!!!:D

Matthew Webb
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Who is all headed over to Falls?

SNChockey
11-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll definitely be there Saturday and hopefully on Friday as well...

pete99race
11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Pete99 and US Oil Jim will be there both nights!!!

2TinyRFFansMom
11-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Pete99 and US Oil Jim will be there both nights!!!

We're excited to host and looking forward to 2 exceptional games. Lovin' the new(old) game format for weekends like this. See ya at the Hunt!;)

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-20-2009, 08:46 AM
We're excited to host and looking forward to 2 exceptional games. Lovin' the new(old) game format for weekends like this. See ya at the Hunt!;)
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the old/new weekend series format, but I'd have to say I like it so far and it isn't just because of favorable early results. The true test could be late in Saturday games if one team has been beating up the other team pretty badly for 5 1/2 periods. I'd like to think teams will hold their composure.

As far as this weekend, I won't be in attendance. I'm playing host for the home Packers weekend.

joecct
11-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Webb:

Not sure at this point. 50/50 at best. I have talked to Keith (Mr Popcorn) about going up on Saturday. I may have to get the PBR in your hands for delivery. I know that I can trust that you will pass it on!!!:DHe better. I'll probably be trailing him up the interstate by about an hour or so. If he absconds with the refreshments, I'll take that pink bunny of his and..........

GBhockeygal
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM

does anyone know if River Falls offers streaming video of their games? With the issues with even voice webcasts for SNC, want to make sure we can see or listen to the series this weekend!

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
does anyone know if River Falls offers streaming video of their games? With the issues with even voice webcasts for SNC, want to make sure we can see or listen to the series this weekend!

I know Penn Atlantic will be streaming Friday's game. You can "purchase" this free webcast here (http://www.pennatlantic.com/main.php?tableName=event&fileName=results&recordId=&module=event-results&orderBy=&searchIt=yes&sport=102&month=0&day=01&year=2009&conferenceId=0&schoolId=0),.

EDIT: It lists the conference as "WIAC." C'mon people, get with the **** program!

pete99race
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM

http://www.uwrf.edu/sports/
Here you go...

Arete19
11-20-2009, 12:55 PM

My wife and I plan to be in attendance Saturday night. My parents both nights.

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects again soon.

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
EDIT: It lists the conference as "WIAC." C'mon people, get with the **** program!
I believe the WIAC reference is because the state schools who are in that conference for everything else use the main University of Wisconsin system for their webcasts.

jazman
11-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Is it just me or does there appear to be a lot more stick slashing going on this year. I know a couple of years ago they started cracking down (pun intended) on stick slashing but it appears to be back with a vengeance. Lots of broken sticks and not the result of a powerful slap shot.

SNChockey
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Is it just me or does there appear to be a lot more stick slashing going on this year. I know a couple of years ago they started cracking down (pun intended) on stick slashing but it appears to be back with a vengeance. Lots of broken sticks and not the result of a powerful slap shot.
It appeared to be River's favorite defensive maneuver this weekend... (Well, that and mauling people from behind.) The game tonight reminded me of the good ol' days at the DePere Ice and Event Center...some bad blood spilling over from the night before. :) It's been a while since SNC's had 4 players DQ-ed in one game! That should make the line pairings will be amusing since we'll be without Favreau, Walz, Longley, and Exton.

All-in-all, SNC looked good this weekend. O'Brien again looked pretty solid. Most of the goals by River came from defensive let downs that allowed guys to walk in on O'Brien untouched. Too many defensive turnovers trying to break out of our zone for my liking, however, and River was able to take advantage of those turnovers a couple times. River was also very fast, which meant we kept 2 guys pretty far back most of the time. That limited us a bit on offense this weekend, but still 2 quality wins over a conference opponent!

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty happy with 2 road wins, especially at River Falls early in the year before they go in the tank. If they can get a couple of wins against Scholastica in 2 weeks they will really be in the driver's seat. As far as back to back road games against the same opponent, they've gotten their 2 toughest out of the way and they got out of it unscathed.

Matthew Webb
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
O'Brien again looked pretty solid.

Unfortunately I don't remember enough from last year to put this in relative terms, but he impressed me with his recovery time. He goes down, whatever threat bypasses and he springs back up instantly. Demonstrated a quickness I don't remember standing out before. He also isn't one to go down for no reason, which can be postively contrasted with some goalies who you swear have their knees permanently nailed to the ice.

jazman
11-22-2009, 08:21 AM
You are right. As far as back to back opponents on the road the two toughest are behind them. Still, the games with Scholastic and UWS at the end to the season will be no picinic (Yogi Bear).

I'm pretty happy with 2 road wins, especially at River Falls early in the year before they go in the tank. If they can get a couple of wins against Scholastica in 2 weeks they will really be in the driver's seat. As far as back to back road games against the same opponent, they've gotten their 2 toughest out of the way and they got out of it unscathed.

HHFR79
11-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately I don't remember enough from last year to put this in relative terms, but he impressed me with his recovery time. He goes down, whatever threat bypasses and he springs back up instantly. Demonstrated a quickness I don't remember standing out before. He also isn't one to go down for no reason, which can be postively contrasted with some goalies who you swear have their knees permanently nailed to the ice.
All good points. I think he has gotten faster at getting back up. Also, he's stopped playing the puck so much, which has helped cut down on odd-man breaks where he's not in position.

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I think O'Brien's positioning has been very solid. He's squared up to the puck, hasn't panicked himself out of position when there are some bodies in front of him and the puck is hard to see, and his rebound control has been pretty solid. I appreciate the great sprawling save as much as the next guy, but when I look at some of the more casual fans around me I wonder if they realize how goalies can sometimes create their own need for a great save because their positioning was poor. It's why a guy like Kyle Jones was so outstanding. He made it look easy because he was always where he was supposed to be.

jazman
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I think you are right. He is coving up the puck more and forcing more face-offs. You will also note that the defensemen are hanging back just a tick before heading up ice. All this seems to be helping.

I have a question about game DQ's. The first DQ results in a one game suspension. What is the penality for future game DQ?

All good points. I think he has gotten faster at getting back up. Also, he's stopped playing the puck so much, which has helped cut down on odd-man breaks where he's not in position.