Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post

Ok, for fun, per the best recollections I can muster, I have now been accused of being:
    fornax
    ....I just about fell off my chair laughing........and now that I've recovered it's got me wondering if there was any truth to that accusation

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      ....I just about fell off my chair laughing........and now that I've recovered it's got me wondering if there was any truth to that accusation
      Never forget about the forrrrresters as followed by the poster from Deeth, NV
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by iDangledYourMom View Post
        Well as I mentioned in other threads, you'll see the names missing when the roster comes out, though many know 'something' is up, no SNC fans or those aware of what happened wants to just say it. Cmon' SNC fans, man up. It must have been something real classic to have 10 of your guys kicked out of school.
        If you have intimate knowledge of the situation and you know it's 10 you can feel free to enlighten us. Everything I've heard tells me you are just rounding up. It doesn't mean other situations may not be out there, but nothing I've heard tells me 10 guys got kicked out of school. I respect Tim too much as well as the people I share information with to be the one to break anything of consequence, so you'll have to snag a different fish.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Never forget about the forrrrresters as followed by the poster from Deeth, NV
          You know I'm sorta hoping lfc's move to the MCHA will give fornax cause to come out and play.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post

It would be far less depressing if there were. I think this one comes up because a picture I took is used on the myspace page in his sig. It was out of the same set of pictures I sent to the LFC captain (don't remember who it was) that season, so our best guesses are it's a former player or a friend of a player. The RC is usually quite good at kicking over rocks and figuring these things out (like we did with lightthelamp), but that's where our trail runs dry on forrrrnax.

Mine.
            *****http://hollywebb.smugmug.com/photos/79608188_sdaAt-S.jpg******
            Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-03-2009, 07:50 AM.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Oh, I also am supposedly Engine7. Forgot about that one.

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              As long as no one accuses you of being XYZ Particularly, as he is "Somewhere between heaven and hell", and we are not sure in which direction he is headed.

Also, he thinks you are an idiot.

I tend to ignore XYZ. The guy is a loose cannon. I have met him in person, however, and he's the sort of guy who wears sunglasses at night. Though, as he told me, the sun never sets on cool. As it relates to XYZ on that one...I can't exactly disagree.
              Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-03-2009, 07:48 AM.
              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                How's the fishing?
                Not bad, while were here on the lake may I offer you an ice cold Schlitz? Perhaps a tall of Hinterland is more to your taste?
                Avalanche Hockey --- "No one beats us on a pond"

Comment

Originally posted by iDangledYourMom View Post
                  Not bad, while were here on the lake may I offer you an ice cold Schlitz? Perhaps a tall of Hinterland is more to your taste?
                  No thanks, both give me the green apple quick step! My personality improves with Molson, Labatts or Kokanee though.

Seriously, you have been commenting on the SNC rumors and I will say this. SNC has been very good in the past with a team of all upper classmen or dominated by Freshman. If you recall, they went to the Final 4 numerous times with a young team and won the NCAA championship with the current team as mostly Freshman. Based upon their history, I would never count out an SNC team coached by Cogs regardless of youth. Maybe, just maybe a good house cleaning is exactly what they need. They certainly were not very good last year following a championship year. Personally, I am looking forward to a new and exciting season.
                  SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                    They certainly were not very good last year following a championship year. Personally, I am looking forward to a new and exciting season.
                    Except for the "following a championship year", this very same statement could be said by fans of Northland.
                    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                      Except for the "following a championship year", this very same statement could be said by fans of Northland.
                      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Since it sounds like the numbers might not be as bad as was rumored, I also am looking forward to the new season. I never liked the vibe last year. I'm hoping the Juniors and Seniors are highly motivated when they compare how they felt at the end of the last two seasons.

Comment

I hadn't seen anyone say anything about it here, so I thought I'd say something. I was talking to a couple of guys who played and graduated about 8 or 10 years ago this weekend and they said Rob Smillie is being inducted into the SNC athletic Hall of Fame in 2 weeks. Thought it was worth mentioning. I loved watching him play. He could do it all.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                            I hadn't seen anyone say anything about it here, so I thought I'd say something. I was talking to a couple of guys who played and graduated about 8 or 10 years ago this weekend and they said Rob Smillie is being inducted into the SNC athletic Hall of Fame in 2 weeks. Thought it was worth mentioning. I loved watching him play. He could do it all.
                            Very cool, thanks for the info. Smillie was/is a great player and definitely one of the favorites from year's past.
                            You Just Can't Hide that Green Knight Pride!
                            National Champs 2008, 2011

St. Norbert Hockey Webcast
                            UW-Stevens Point Hockey Webcast
                            SNC's 2006 NCAA Tournament Run Pics
                            SNC's 2007 Tournament Run Pics & Videos
                            SNC's 2008 Tournament Run Pics
                            UWSP Men's Hockey 06-07 Pics & Videos
                            UWSP Men's Hockey 07-08 Pics & Videos
                            2005 Honorable Mention: The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey’s “Benedict Arnold Award” for Outstanding Turncoat.

Comment

SNC Brings on New Assistant

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Coach Mazzoleni is quite the pick up for SNC! I remember him at Point, but look at the rest of that resume...

I just got more optimistic about the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X