SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

I'm too lazy to break out the rulebook, but I do believe the first tiebreaker is by NCHA wins (not sure if it's after H2H, but that doesn't apply anyway).

Comment

Tiebreakers:

1 - League victories.
      2 - Goal differential in games among tied teams.
      3 - Goal differential in all NCHA games.
      4 - Coin flip.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
        I'd have to break out the tiebreaker rules to see what happens if they split this weekend since SNC and CSS split 1-1-1 this year. They need to make it a non-issue and get it done at home this weekend. They've scored 1 goal in 3 of their last 4 road games...and two of those were to teams tied for last. Saturday is a little disappointing to me because it isn't as if the Superior goalie stood on his head for 45 saves to earn the tie. They probably didn't deserve any better than a tie. The Knights need to get on a roll quickly because they may have only 2 more games until the NCHA semis.
        Tale of two teams:
        On road this season: 2.6 goals per game......
        at the CCC: 4.9 goals per game.
        I didn't look into past seasons, but this differential must be among the highest in the last 10 years.
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

snc needs to find a way to finish consistently if they want to go far in the NCAA tournament. they'll be in all the games no doubt, but come tournament time, you need to finish and i don't know if snc has shown that ability this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranger View Post
            snc needs to find a way to finish consistently if they want to go far in the NCAA tournament. they'll be in all the games no doubt, but come tournament time, you need to finish and i don't know if snc has shown that ability this year?
            To answer your question, I'll highlight the key word in it. When you start questioning their goal scoring they seem to break out. Just when you think they are ready to roll they struggle scoring goals.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
              Tiebreakers:

1 - League victories.
              2 - Goal differential in games among tied teams.
              3 - Goal differential in all NCHA games.
              4 - Coin flip.
              Thanks Dan. I'll assume CSS wins to make this kick in. Based on this, they only need two points and they win the tiebreaker. A win and a tie would give them more NCHA victories. If they tie both, the 2nd tiebreak would kick in and SNC is +1 over CSS in their 3 games.

Comment

Congrats to SNC on another NCHA regular season title, and props to Coach Coghlin for letting senior goaltender and first year varsity member Billy Szkodinsky get a few minutes of playing time at the end of the game. That's probably something he'll never forget...

Based on the shots on goal and limited web cast viewing, looks like SNC came out focused. 46-15 shots?! Mysteriously, the Stout thread hasn't been bumped since the game so I'm not quite sure what their spin on it is, but it looks like they've got a few minor tweaks to make before they return back to Lake Placid next month .

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  Congrats to SNC on another NCHA regular season title, and props to Coach Coghlin for letting senior goaltender and first year varsity member Billy Szkodinsky get a few minutes of playing time at the end of the game. That's probably something he'll never forget...

Based on the shots on goal and limited web cast viewing, looks like SNC came out focused. 46-15 shots?! Mysteriously, the Stout thread hasn't been bumped since the game so I'm not quite sure what their spin on it is, but it looks like they've got a few minor tweaks to make before they return back to Lake Placid next month .
                  What are you talking about? Stout is going to make it to Lake Placid because "they are Stout."

Seriously, congrats to SNC on winning the NCHA again. A great effort last night to absolutely dominate in every part of the game!!!

On another note, it is playoff time. Do you think that some of the oldster's in the crowd could make some noise or move a bit. Even a grunt might be nice, just to show that you are breathing! Seriously, last night was the worst SNC crowd (students and oldster's) in years as far as any enthusiasm. If you can't act like it is a hockey game, please give up your seats for the playoffs to someone who understands that it is a hockey game, not a community play.
                  SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I will tune in tonight to watch the boxing match between Knights and Falcons, I mean hockey game. Seriously the Knights are the better team but it was pretty exciting to see the hate / fierce competetion come out between these two teams last serious. RF is so young you never know what team will show up but youi can usually count on them to never stop coming at you. I doubt if anyone will get ejected for fighting since the player/s would lose a a playoff game, not worth it , or you never know.

Comment

TBB - I talked to some Stout parents last night and they asked what was wrong with the crowd and if it was like that all year. They said that a few years ago it was a wild place to play. Hope we could get some of that back to give the boys a ture home ice advantage. When you go to Stout, Point etc. it is great to see how the students get into the game. This is college life go, to the game and have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese4ever View Post
                        TBB - I talked to some Stout parents last night and they asked what was wrong with the crowd and if it was like that all year. They said that a few years ago it was a wild place to play. Hope we could get some of that back to give the boys a ture home ice advantage. When you go to Stout, Point etc. it is great to see how the students get into the game. This is college life go, to the game and have some fun.
                        This has been the trend in recent years...fewer and fewer students show up. Nothing is really done to encourage them to turn out.
                        I still don't understand why they have to pay to attend the mens hockey games, but get in free at all the other athletic events.
                        Maybe our AD should attend a game at the Willett or Mars to see what kind of atmosphere is created with a large student turnout.
                        Why not promote a White Out night, Cancer Awareness Night? Just something to get the students out in force
                        All we get are the mites falling down on the ice between periods
                        SNC Men:
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:

Comment

I'll get to the happy stuff before I get to the beefs. Congrats to the team on another NCHA crown. Granted it was on the road where they are a very different team, but considering SNC has given back points to Eau Claire and Superior this season skipping the first round and having one less chance for things to go poorly is always a good thing. A lot of us didn't know what to think coming into this season with some of the involuntary personnel losses, but they got it done at the conference level and with room to spare. I give some credit to the Juniors and Seniors who knew what it felt like to be at the very top nationally and also knew what it felt like to be an also-ran in their conference. This year's book has a few pages to be written yet, but they put in the effort to at least give themselves a chance. I'm not sure this is a National Championship team, but it's obvious to me they'll get the NCAA Quarterfinal game at home when the field is announced so I expect them to make the Frozen Four trip and we'll see what happens from there.

I'd love to say the lack of enthusiasm was because they were playing a very average Stout team, but I'm not going to kid myself. I honestly think the growth of high school hockey in the area may actually hurt the crowd a little on some nights because it takes some good fans away. There are people who like going to games and then there are true fans who know the game. Last night there were plenty of the former but not enough of the latter and this ratio isn't always terribly uncommon. Last night for example, Green Bay United was playing on the Olympic sheet and when I walked over at intermission I saw some faces I've seen at SNC games for years. That said, I believe it's only a small part of the problem.

This group of students as a whole doesn't get into it much. It's disappointing. I'm not sure what isn't fun about being a college student and watching an elite team represent your school, but apparently I'm missing something. I'm not suggesting they use the games to do some of the inappropriate things some of the seedier characters at Stout have done the last few years, but there has to be a happy medium between drunken beligerence and and something resembling meditation. I'm also not suggesting a specific organized effort where they are told what to cheer because that's nearly as pathetic as doing nothing, but just getting there with some enthusiasm and seeing what kind of creativity they could come up with shouldn't be too much to ask.

As far as the older crowd goes, the enthusiasm level with a decent number of them is absolutely disgraceful. It's getting to the point where you feel strange yelling something because those folks obviously don't want to be disturbed with loud noises. Like I referenced earlier, I think there are more people there who have minimum understanding of hockey than you'd really like to see. They cheer a little when SNC goes on the PP, boo a little when they go on the PK whether or not the penalty was warranted, and only cheer loudly after goals. I don't know what the solution is. I'm not about to cheerlead. I guess I can only do my part and encourage other people with enthusiasm to get to the games.

Comment

When the "Bud Song" gets played you'd think people would clap along. Maybe I'll try once more tonight.

Comment

Congrats to Tim, the staff and the players on another title.

In my, 20+ years associated with the college, attending sporting events has never been at the top of the students' list. It ebbs and flows, but has never been the big thing to do, as far as I can tell.

Opening Ceremonies might have hurt the crowd size last night. But in the Olympic spirit, I think I'll break out the Maris Ziedens Latvia jersey tonight!
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                                When the "Bud Song" gets played you'd think people would clap along. Maybe I'll try once more tonight.
                                Maybe try a Lawrence Welk classic, Dan
                                SNC Men:
                                SNC Women:

Comment

Working...
                                X