Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    It would have been a great luxury having a guy with LaRose's numbers and talent according to some, but oh well.
    It will be interesting to see if he actually shows up. He seems to move around as much as Jay Leno.
    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
      It will be interesting to see if he actually shows up. He seems to move around as much as Jay Leno.
      It's already been said in another thread that he is indeed travelling with the Neumann team, and that he was at (although not dressed for) the Potsdam games. So, no SNC for him... he is without a doubt a Neumann University Knight.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        It's already been said in another thread that he is indeed travelling with the Neumann team, and that he was at (although not dressed for) the Potsdam games. So, no SNC for him... he is without a doubt a Neumann University Knight.
        Thanks for the update! Good luck to the young man unless of course, he is playing SNC

Comment

They'd been kind of getting buy a little too much this season. They were probably due for a stinker and they made it count tonight. Holy crap is that ugly PK numbers.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

They'd been kind of getting buy a little too much this season. They were probably due for a stinker and they made it count tonight. Holy crap is that ugly PK numbers.
            The best penalty killer is the goaltender and when he doesn't stop a shot for over 20 minutes that makes it hard to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
              The best penalty killer is the goaltender and when he doesn't stop a shot for over 20 minutes that makes it hard to win.
              You hate to see any team get rewarded in a period where they are so bad they can only generate 2 shots, but that's all Eau Claire needed to get 2 goals in the 2nd last night. As you implied, that speaks for itself. Perhaps the most disappointing thing is to the see the Knights respond to it by only generating 3 SOGs in the third period instead of making a run. I understand O'Brien had an uncharacteristically horrible night, but it seems a little too accepting of a loss.
              Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 01-17-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

You hate to see any team get rewarded in a period where they are so bad they can only generate 2 shots, but that's all Eau Claire needed to get 2 goals in the 2nd last night. As you implied, that speaks for itself. Perhaps the most disappointing thing is to the see the Knights respond to it by only generating 3 SOGs in the third period instead of making a run. I understand O'Brien had an uncharacteristically horrible night, but it seems a little too accepting of a loss.
                This team has really been lucky the past 4 games..2 non conference and 2 conference games.

This past weekend especially lucky going 1 and 1...the saturday night game was an example of just being outplayed physically and mentally. The Powerplay units are not producing...with bernardy and favearu at the points ... wow ... not producing...and the PK is aweful...maybe taking care of the man instead of the puck on the for the PK should happen...The Dcore is not functioning the way it should with a Captain and 2 Assit Captains not showing up night after night and not producing points as it has in the past years. Maybe somebody needs to sit and watch.

The offense has been inconsistant other than the Swede ...this kids motor just keeps running and running creating chances with whoever he skates with.
                Tyler Allen has been working hard put the puck has not been Lucky for him.

Don't mean to be critical ...but talent does not give you wins....Hard work on every shift does...

This weekend with be another mental test on a last place team...lets see what happens.....GO GREEN KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehockey2 View Post
                  This team has really been lucky the past 4 games..2 non conference and 2 conference games.

This past weekend especially lucky going 1 and 1...the saturday night game was an example of just being outplayed physically and mentally. The Powerplay units are not producing...with bernardy and favearu at the points ... wow ... not producing...and the PK is aweful...maybe taking care of the man instead of the puck on the for the PK should happen...The Dcore is not functioning the way it should with a Captain and 2 Assit Captains not showing up night after night and not producing points as it has in the past years. Maybe somebody needs to sit and watch.

The offense has been inconsistant other than the Swede ...this kids motor just keeps running and running creating chances with whoever he skates with.
                  Tyler Allen has been working hard put the puck has not been Lucky for him.

Don't mean to be critical ...but talent does not give you wins....Hard work on every shift does...

This weekend with be another mental test on a last place team...lets see what happens.....GO GREEN KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I try not to be too specifically critical of anyone, but I have a hard time directly disputing much of this. I commented earlier in the thread I thought they were just getting by a little too often. Saturday's game notwithstanding they've generally shown some urgency in 3rd periods, but the starts have been very inconsistent.

Comment

I try not to be too specifically critical of anyone, but I have a hard time directly disputing much of this. I commented earlier in the thread I thought they were just getting by a little too often. Saturday's game notwithstanding they've generally shown some urgency in 3rd periods, but the starts have been very inconsistent.
                    I agree with MW and will not call out anyone by name. I am sure that the players and coaches are aware of who is giving effort and who is not. I can only say that it seems to me that the idea of moving players around for more balanced scoring has failed to date. SNC seems to now have 3 lines that are not scoring and only the 4th line that seems to have come back after the break. To me, it looks too casual out on the ice. Time to get back to basics and start crashing the net. This weekend will tell alot, but really the away games at Point, Soup, and CSS will tell whether SNC is hungry for another NCHA championship or not. Time for some Senior leadership

Comment

[QUOTE=icehockey2;4574343]This team has really been lucky the past 4 games..2 non conference and 2 conference games.
                      This past weekend especially lucky going 1 and 1...the saturday night game was an example of just being outplayed physically and mentally. The Powerplay units are not producing...with bernardy and favearu at the points ... wow ... not producing...and the PK is aweful... Maybe somebody needs to sit and watch...QUOTE]

Why would anyone care if you know you’ll keep getting the icetime??? SNC should’ve lost Friday’s contest as well.

Comment

I'm thinking we get back on track this weekend vs. the Jackets.
                        Plus, the remaining schedule is in our favor with 5 home & only 3 road games, while CSS has only 3 home games (with 5 on the road)...plus we are up by three points over them...
                        SNC Men:
                        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:
                        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                          I'm thinking we get back on track this weekend vs. the Jackets.
                          Plus, the remaining schedule is in our favor with 5 home & only 3 road games, while CSS has only 3 home games (with 5 on the road)...plus we are up by three points over them...
                          You forgot the team in front of CSS in the conference.
                          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                          WIAC Championships: 10-11
                          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                            Are you refering to the second place team that will not be playing any NCHA games this weekend because they have already played 2 extra games? Enjoy second place for now!

Comment

I applaud your enthusiasm for Stout hockey, but this post (and several others this season) has me questioning your knowledge of hockey in general...

Comment

When the number of games played are even we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X