X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
    which one do you want
    I have an idea who it might be...but that info could let me know if I was on the right track or not
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

you have the right idea

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
      I have an idea who it might be...but that info could let me know if I was on the right track or not
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

you have the right idea
        Could he be a goalie, who played two seasons at a top eastern school???
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I wouldn't be to concerned, word on the street is that a big transfer is headed to the Green Knights
          Yep you got me. news leaks too fast these days.
          Avalanche Hockey --- "No one beats us on a pond"

Comment

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...hockey10-6.pdf

Turkey Tourney Preview...
            SNC Men:
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:

Comment

Grand Canyon last Saturday, Superior Wi. today. !!!!!!!! This must be a dream
              I can't wait till the game starts.

Comment

This thread has had a different approach to it this year .... it is very quiet...
                are fans and supporters waiting for the shoe to drop on the season...i think so ....

I think our team has not faced any hard teams this year until the Salem St team that shows alot of speed and grit...I think our D core is very weak this year...the line of tikka and bernardy are weak physically...the power play is what...from these two....questionalable ....tabisz is not up to his all america status ....and hammerbeck is ....well lets not dwell on the D anymore....

Lets see what happens this weekend against a strong team this weekend...

Comment

I'm intrigued by the CSS/SNC matchup. Having seen both teams, they both smother teams in the neutral zone. I would expect a low scoring, low shot count affair both nights. Somewhat of a chess game played on ice.
                  Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                  2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                  2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                  2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                  "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by icehockey2 View Post
                    This thread has had a different approach to it this year .... it is very quiet...
                    are fans and supporters waiting for the shoe to drop on the season...i think so ....

I think our team has not faced any hard teams this year until the Salem St team that shows alot of speed and grit...I think our D core is very weak this year...the line of tikka and bernardy are weak physically...the power play is what...from these two....questionalable ....tabisz is not up to his all america status ....and hammerbeck is ....well lets not dwell on the D anymore....

One loss and one tie. I think that SNC should not even go on the ice this weekend as it has been such a dismal season so far especially for the D. Spoiled much?
                    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehockey2 View Post

With this type review, you would think SNC should be 1 - 9 - 1 rather than 9 - 1 -1 at this juncture in the season!!!
                      "any hard teams"....still consider Stout & River to be among the stronger NCHA teams, we will face this season.
                      Hamline, may be the 'cream' of the MIAC....
                      This series will be low scoring and defensive, ie. Wormser's comments.
                      Expect no less than a split by SNC...which would be just fine at this point in the NCHA schedule
                      Last edited by pete99race; 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM.
                      SNC Men:
                      SNC Women:

Comment

Good luck tonight.

Our observations from last weekend were that CSS attacked the middle, while you guys played on the perimeter.

Look at the A Zone shot chart from the two games. CSS outshot us from there like 2-1, our game with you - it was even.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I guess it was an OK weekend. I would have felt good with at least 3 points to distance a little more from St. Scholastica since there will be 2 more points on the line between the teams later in the season up in Duluth. The more deserving team won both nights plain and simple.

They showed some fire very late Friday and carried it over to a great 1st period on Saturday, but I was disappointed with the lack of urgency and some of the fundamentals SNC displayed most of Friday. A really bad decision led to the OT goal, but if SNC had even ridden Friday's game out to a tie it would have been a stolen point in my book. They just didn't play well enough for the majority of Friday to deserve any points. Scholastica is a team who clogs the passing and shooting lanes, takes care of the front of their net, and just doesn't make bad passes. When Scholastica would have a 2 on 2 they'd at least get a SOG. When SNC did it they would let themselves get ridden out into the corner. Scholastica got a lot of looks on O'Brien from quality scoring areas where SNC got bottled up pretty quickly or the puck got deflected when it looked like they might have an opportunity. One team was just a lot more assignment-sure than the other. SNC gave up space way too often in their own zone where Scholastica closed in quickly when someone thought they'd have some space to work. Allen was fighting thru things on Friday, but most everyone else too often was ridden off the puck to easily.

As far as Saturday goes, I was happy to see instead of sulking about on OT loss they came out with the urgency that was lacking on Friday. They were winning more battles in the corner and had a bunch of shifts where they were able to control it below the goal line and change. The goals were a result of someone working hard to get to the crease. I was as pleased with the effort Saturday as I was displeased with what I saw most of Friday. I liked the move to skate Tabisz at forward with the offense sputtering a little lately. It makes sense because I think their 7th best defenseman is better than their 12 best forward. They got the better of play outside of maybe half of the 2nd period.

Pete commented on the crowd on the Friday score thread and I can't disagree. It's becoming increasingly weak. A few of us can't carry the entire operation. I think the administration is just fine with it though. They'd rather it be nice and quiet. I'm not suggesting a bunch of drunks swearing every other word, throwing things at innocent people, and vandalizing like they do up at Stout, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere.
                          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                            Pete commented on the crowd on the Friday score thread and I can't disagree. It's becoming increasingly weak. A few of us can't carry the entire operation. I think the administration is just fine with it though. They'd rather it be nice and quiet. I'm not suggesting a bunch of drunks swearing every other word, throwing things at innocent people, and vandalizing like they do up at Stout, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere.
                            The crowd isn't going to get any more upbeat anytime soon. The student section has learned to sit on their hands and be quiet to avoid getting thrown out by the AD for yelling anything directed at opposing players, coaches, or the refs. That's a sure fire way to kill student section atmosphere. (It's also taught students not to waste their time or $ coming to games.)
                            NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion: 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010
                            Last Person Standing Champion: 2014-2015

St. Norbert
                            National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014
                            NCAA Runner-Up: 2004, 2006, 2010, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen Four: 2003, 2007, 2017
                            NCAA Final Eight: 1997-1999, 2002, 2005, 2013
                            NCHA Peters/Harris Cup: 1998, 1999, 2003-2005, 2007, 2008, 2010-14, 2017, 2018
                            NCHA Champions: 1997-1999, 2002-2008, 2010-12, 2014, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by SNChockey View Post
                              The crowd isn't going to get any more upbeat anytime soon. The student section has learned to sit on their hands and be quiet to avoid getting thrown out by the AD for yelling anything directed at opposing players, coaches, or the refs. That's a sure fire way to kill student section atmosphere. (It's also taught students not to waste their time or $ coming to games.)
                              I hear you. I know you do your part when you're around.
                              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by SNChockey View Post
                                My guess is that the few loud mouths (me included) at the upper levels of the Red line should go over to the student section and get them going. I would like to see the AD kick me out!!!
                                SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X