X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Continue.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Pedro Martinez went five complete, giving up 7 hits, 1 walk, 3 runs all earned and striking out 5. The offense gave him a 12-1 lead after four, and he went the minimum to get a win in his first start as a Phillie. Looks like the Phils rotation is set:
    Hamels, Lee, Blanton, Happ and Martinez.

The only question they really have is closer. Lidge blew another one last night, and may be at the end of a short leash. Bret Myers is supposed to be back and is expecting to go to the BP. He was their closer in 2007 and was very effective. With the amount of pitching they have they could go with a closer by committee: Myers, Lidge, Romero, Madson, Condrey, and come playoff time Martinez. As long as the bats stay hot, things look pretty good on the south side.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Bronson Arroyo: No regrets about PEDs
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This thread title is at least better than the last one

Comment

David Wright got hit in the ear flap with a 94 mph fastball and left the game. This comes a few days after he is quoted in a NYT article about the new helmets that can withstand 100 mph impact and how he would be willing to wear one. Guess they couldn't order it fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
            David Wright got hit in the ear flap with a 94 mph fastball and left the game. This comes a few days after he is quoted in a NYT article about the new helmets that can withstand 100 mph impact and how he would be willing to wear one. Guess they couldn't order it fast enough.
            I was at that game. It was scary. Knocked the helmet clean off his head.

I'm seeing reports that Strasburg will sign with the Nats, 4 years, ~$16M.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Strasburg signed for 15.67
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

What's the deal with the Red Sox and Ian Kinsler? I'm assuming there's some "valid reason" they threw at his head twice.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  What's the deal with the Red Sox and Ian Kinsler? I'm assuming there's some "valid reason" they threw at his head twice.
                  temporary loss of control
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Anti-semitic? Look for anyone to fight them to spark TEH COMBACK!!1!? Bad pitching?

Got me.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Pudge back to the Rangers from the Astros for two players, one player now and a PTBNL.

Salty has a sore arm and might miss the rest of the season. Pudge will serve as the back-up.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Anti-semitic? Look for anyone to fight them to spark TEH COMBACK!!1!? Bad pitching?

Got me.

this 'suspect' pitching has only occured against the other teams' best players.. but i know, its because miguel cabrera and ian kinsler crowd the plate
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

who woulda guessed steriods are legal in our 51st state
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Smoltz to the Cardinals is the latest rumor:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Comment

Sending a message.

What message? Well, the first one was: "Look, Theo's had a little trouble evaluating talent lately. Did you see how much he threw away on Renteria, Lugo, and Drew? And then there's guys like Hansen, and other prospects, that were supposed to be phenoms and just never panned out. So, Pedroia's doing well, considered one of the top 2nd basemen in the AL, and we'd like to keep it that way. You, my friend, are infringing on that. As such, duck."

The second message was: "Since you're going to be busy with the playoffs, can I borrow your Cowboys tickets?"

(There is a bit of subtext that gets lost when viewed on TV.)
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                              X