X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
    I'm glad your not coaching the team.

My point is the stats that count the most is , Goals , Assist , Shots on goal and plus/Minus.

This is not just for Freshman , it's for any grade level.
    I guess you think Lauderdale was our best goalie (with his 0.0 gaa)?.. the stats for those 3 players are so insignificant.... and like I said we are talking about 4th line role players--their job description is not the same as a first or second line player

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
      I guess you think Lauderdale was our best goalie (with his 0.0 gaa)?.. the stats for those 3 players are so insignificant.... and like I said we are talking about 4th line role players--their job description is not the same as a first or second line player

Pinch ,

My point is that you got Kirkland and Carlson that have scored on the 4th line. My other point is and nothing against McNeil as a person , but the coach is playing him as OVER-KILL.

Rotate your younger players more equal and the team will benefit in the long run.

" GO BUCKEYES GO. "
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Nice week/month for the Buckeyes, first Heeter and Boyd and now Dalpe.
        http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...CLID=204880014

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Agreed huge dweekend for both teams. If the bucks have the effort from the last 3 games im sure they will get at least 3 points. Cant wait i am coming down to fly out of columbus out there Thursday morning.
          Welcome to Omaha.

We're looking forward to a big weekend and are also counting on a strong showing to move up in points. (I'm not much on team analysis, but the guys have been looking/playing good over the past few weeks).

Also, for any who are coming, Friday night has been advertised as "Sell Out Ohio State" http://www.selloutohiostate.com/ where our marketing team is trying to achieve our first ever sell-out of the 15,000+ seat Qwest Center. As of their last posting, only about 2,000 tickets remain. Should be a loud and (hopefully) happy crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClu View Post
            Welcome to Omaha.

We're looking forward to a big weekend and are also counting on a strong showing to move up in points. (I'm not much on team analysis, but the guys have been looking/playing good over the past few weeks).

Also, for any who are coming, Friday night has been advertised as "Sell Out Ohio State" http://www.selloutohiostate.com/ where our marketing team is trying to achieve our first ever sell-out of the 15,000+ seat Qwest Center. As of their last posting, only about 2,000 tickets remain. Should be a loud and (hopefully) happy crowd.
            Wow sounds like it will be rocking in the Qwest. I'm just hoping the crowd goes home sad

Comment

Prety good effort by the team toinght. Couldnt have started better 2 goals in the first 1:56. Scoring right after unno made it 2-1. Kyle reed scoring a grity PPG to make it 4-2 things looked good. Both of UNO"S first period goals came as a result of bad clearing attempts by ohio state D-men.

The downside for me was blowing the (3) 2 goal leads they had. Then on top of that the 3 stupid unecessary penalties that led to the last 3 uno goals. It seems this team just doesnt learn not to take penalties. Then add to the disappointment in the shootout Heeter has been beaten 3 times the last 2 weekends by the same move.

How many times is Bartkowski going to carry the puck deep into the offensive zone and leave the rest of the team to pick up his mistake when he turnsover the puck. I counted at least 4 times tonight he carried the puck deep turns it over and back come the mavs wiht odd man rushes because no one is at the point. Yes someone should see that he is deep and stay back but you cant ask the forwards to do it so much. Play your position Matt.

Just another instance of leaving points out there. ND lost toinght and ohio state could have moved past them in the standings. Tomorrow with the same effort and better disclpine 3 points is very possible.

Comment

I agree with klbaum - 3 stupid penalties cost us the game (facemasking? are you kidding me? Boyd's trip behind the play because he was a bit frustrated? Come on, you are a friqqin Almost captain.). Two other observations (based on not just last night):

1. Albert and Picard should not kill penalties (actually, what I meant to say is they can't kill penalties... they are terrible at it. Terrible.) They should NEVER see the ice when we are short-handed. Period.

2. The majority of forwards on the team have skated with Bartkowski for 2 years know. Newsflash: he rushes the puck. Pay attention and play the point for christmas sake. And Barts, when you draw 3 guys to you, dish the biscuit...
                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

I agree with Arpod's statements and would add that from what I have seen this year's OSU team plays a very selfish game. That selfish play starts with the stupid/unnecessary penalties(3 pk goals again last night) and is further demonstrated in the play of the forwards in the defensive zone ie there is little if any commitment to defensive zone coverage. The goalies and defensemen on this team are hung out to dry on nightly basis with way too many odd-man rushes. Some if not the majority of the blame has to fall on the coaches, as this team is too talented to be playing under .500 hockey. Klbaum your comment about bad clearing attempts may be due to the fact the D can't find a forward in the zone to pass to. Also Carlson was the goalie last week when they went to a shootout with Ferris State.
                  Last edited by HckyDoc; 02-06-2010, 09:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Your right doc i forgot dusty was in goal last week. He was beat with that same move cal got beat with. Sometimes the bad clearing attempts can be put on the wingers but last night to many times the dmen just turned and fired the puck hoping that someone was there. I also agree with you doc that the coaches should be blamed for the lazy play in the defensive zone. Way to many times this year they have left the goalie out to dry and it has costed the team dearly.

Comment

Hckydoc , Arpod and Klbaum1077 ,

Thanks for the update on the game. I didn't get a chance to see it because I had to WORK.

It sounds like some of the players went back to there old bad habits of takeing stupid penalty's that hurt the team in the long run.

There is only one person that can fix this problem and it's the Head Coach. He can talk to the player or bench the player and bring in a younger player that is hungry to get the job done.

Good point about some of are D-Men. We knew this was going to be our weakest link this year.

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Whew, I have to admit being glad UNO was able to get the 2nd point out of Fridays game. From my perspective, I thought UNO played a sloppy game (passes too hot & bouncing off of sticks, or early lazy passes that were easily picked off by your team). I was also a bit nervous when you jumped out to the 2-0 lead.

Obviously our PP pulled this game out for us. Woo-Hoo for a Freshman Hat-Trick (and first for us in 3 years). I couldn't believe that there was a whistle with 1.28 left in the game though.

Our other best friends were the crossbar and uprights. I can think of 2 or 3 times that shots got through and bounced just right for UNO.

Big crowd also, with about 13,400 in the Qwest. Fair showing of Buckeye fans as well. We expect (hope for) another 10,000+ tonight.

Last random thought... It seems like our games against tOSU are always a bit more chippy and physical than many other teams. Last night there were 6-8? penalties for roughing after the whistle. Not sure why, But I'm sure it was your guys fault.

Comment

Obviously our PP pulled this game out for us. Woo-Hoo for a Freshman Hat-Trick (and first for us in 3 years). I couldn't believe that there was a whistle with 1.28 left in the game though.

Our other best friends were the crossbar and uprights. I can think of 2 or 3 times that shots got through and bounced just right for UNO.

Last random thought... It seems like our games against tOSU are always a bit more chippy and physical than many other teams. Last night there were 6-8? penalties for roughing after the whistle. Not sure why, But I'm sure it was your guys fault.
                          AS far as the whistle with 1:28 to go that was a good call but how about the cross check in the back behind the net that sent the buckeye into the boards face first about 4 minutes earlier that should have been a 5 minute checking from behind penalty? Hall is the worst ref in teh league. He was standing right in front of that. That being said he missed some calls both ways all night.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Hall is the worst ref in teh league. He was standing right in front of that. That being said he missed some calls both ways all night.
                            No arguement here.

Comment

No arguement here.

I can still hear my youth hockey coach yelling at us players when we would " WHINE " about the other team being chippy and the Refs sucking.

Our coach would yell at us and say " Well , put the puck in the net and let's beat the team and the Refs.

GO BUCKS GO.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Well another couple 2 goal leads blown tonight. Again 2 stupid penalties cost them goals. This weekend will come back to bite them in the end they left 5 points on the table and maybe cost them a first round home series. Arpod maybe you know this but why did he take bishop off the line with albert? That is mornic if you ask me that line has been jumping all over the ice the last 2 weekends. How you justify chaning in the middle of the game i dont know.

Comment

Working...
                                X