X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    That is one of the 3 road venues that i have yet to see the others bieng UNO and Alaska. I am really thinking about it. The trip is only about 10 hours from my home in toledo.
    It's only about 5 or 6 hrs from Toledo to Sault Sainte Marie (or are you thinking round trip in your estimate?).

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      It's only about 5 or 6 hrs from Toledo to Sault Sainte Marie (or are you thinking round trip in your estimate?).
      no i thought it was 10 but thats marquette.

Comment

not possible bill, its an hour and a half from toledo to detroit. so it cant be 3 hours from detroit, actually I know it isnt.

anyways, guys wanted to get another fan bases persepective on the whole UAH situation? I acutally thought Paula's column was done very well, and confirmed my suspicion of their being something else in the works. I particularly thought Lake st.'s Coach Rouge's comments about the big ten were interesting. Ive been saying on the miami thread and elsewhere that it is only a matter of time before Penn St. gets a varsity team and that when Joe Pa leaves it will happen. For me I took those comments to the fact that something like that is more likely now.

Wondering your thoughts?
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          not possible bill, its an hour and a half from toledo to detroit. so it cant be 3 hours from detroit, actually I know it isnt.

anyways, guys wanted to get another fan bases persepective on the whole UAH situation? I acutally thought Paula's column was done very well, and confirmed my suspicion of their being something else in the works. I particularly thought Lake st.'s Coach Rouge's comments about the big ten were interesting. Ive been saying on the miami thread and elsewhere that it is only a matter of time before Penn St. gets a varsity team and that when Joe Pa leaves it will happen. For me I took those comments to the fact that something like that is more likely now.

Wondering your thoughts?
          Actually its only about 50 minutes from my house to detroit. I know it took me 5 hours to get to the bridge when heading up to marquette so im not really sure how much farther it is from there.

Comment

Actually its only about 50 minutes from my house to detroit. I know it took me 5 hours to get to the bridge when heading up to marquette so im not really sure how much farther it is from there.
            50 min? I drive fast but never done it that quick lol. You do know the speed limit is 70 not 80 right???

with 75 still closed ( due to the accident ) going around takes a little longer, not sure when it will open back up or if it is already. I know it takes me 4 and a half to get to mac island from toledo. I thought wildcat fan said it too 8 hrs to get to detroit from where he was by NMU.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

50 min? I drive fast but never done it that quick lol. You do know the speed limit is 70 not 80 right???

with 75 still closed ( due to the accident ) going around takes a little longer, not sure when it will open back up or if it is already. I know it takes me 4 and a half to get to mac island from toledo. I thought wildcat fan said it too 8 hrs to get to detroit from where he was by NMU.
              just drove it today to the tigers game 75 is open now. When 75 was colse it took me about 1 hour 10 minutes to get there with the detour. I dont drive past the speed limit up there cops are not very nice.

I just did a mapuest it would take me 5hours 53 minutes top get to the days inn at the 75 business spur.

Comment

just drove it today to the tigers game 75 is open now. When 75 was colse it took me about 1 hour 10 minutes to get there with the detour. I dont drive past the speed limit up there cops are not very nice.

I just did a mapuest it would take me 5hours 53 minutes top get to the days inn at the 75 business spur.
                Dang, really seems like it should be a lot farther than that.

How is the overpass at 9 mile looking? I was up there for work when that accident happened to bring it down. it was brutal.

Comment

Dang, really seems like it should be a lot farther than that.

How is the overpass at 9 mile looking? I was up there for work when that accident happened to bring it down. it was brutal.
                  I dont normally go that far i get off at the rosa parks exit and drive past the old stadium and make my way from there.

Comment

That sounds about right, coming from Toledo (a bit less, actually).
                    There's no way it takes 10 hrs, though. I used to make the trip from the Sault down to Columbus (well Dublin, actually) in about 9 hours when I used to work/live down there.

Comment

anyways, guys wanted to get another fan bases persepective on the whole UAH situation?
                      Wondering your thoughts?
                      I haven't read Wesson's article, but will do so now. No, UAH will never be a hockey hot bed, but UNO never is the first school to pop into your head when thinking college hockey. I would have liked to see the Chargers get in. A trip to Bama in February would always be a good thing.
                      Last edited by tic tac toe; 08-21-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                        I haven't read Wesson's article, but will do so now. No, UAH will never be a hockey hot bed, but UNO never is the first school to pop into your head when thinking college hockey. I would have liked to see the Chargers get in. A trip to Bama in February would always be a good thing.

Well It still could happen, from what it sounds like is there might be something else in the works that could be better for the conference and if that falls through UAH would most likely be accepted.

Comment

Ohio State fans, go to NHL.com and watch ryan Keslers presser from the USA Orientation camp, hahhaha dudes awesome, i want to meet that dude. Hularious " Its gonna be a war" he say's... freaking great!!!!! I want to see Kesler just light up Luongo in the Olympics, hahaha
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                            would love to get your thoughts on the article if you have read it now, as well as buster and KL.

Comment

would love to get your thoughts on the article if you have read it now, as well as buster and KL.
                              It soudns to me like Anatos wants UAH in the league and he thinks it will happen. I dont see the problem with them being in the league its not that much farther than omaha just more south instead of west. From what Lake St. coach said it also sounds like t here could be some movement towards a Big Ten Conference in the future which i am not to infavor of.

Comment

Paula's article was good, I agree. A lot of the subplot seems to be about the Big Ten Network (and the Big Ten). And, as some have pointed out here and elsewhere, it is always about money. As long as we are speculating (and in my case dreaming), and given money is driving things, how about this: Penn State goes D1 (the rumors have reached fever pitch), the BTHC is formed but adds Notre Dame and Miami to get to eight teams (I said I was dreaming). Obviously Miami is the big beneficiary of that set up, but it makes some sense in that six teams is not an ideal size and if the BTHC is looking for seventh and eighth teams, ND is a natural and Miami is arguably the most desirable of the rest based on geogaphy and competitiveness. That would reduce travel cost (Miami/OSU to Minny and vice versa the long trips, but think of the trips being eliminated for all the teams). This setup has tremednous revenue potential, especially tv revenue with those teams playing each other four times a year, answering the cry for more BT games. And, it would be one heckuva conference assuming Miami's current commitment to hockey continues.

Of course my dream comes with a lot of possible downside for college hockey, but I think it makes more sense than a six team BTHC which comes with even more downside. And what would probably happen to the other teams are arrangements based on the western teams with both Alaska teams CC, DU, UNO, UND, BSU, UMD, MSU, SCSU, MTU and maybe AirForce or NMU (a pretty darn good conference also) and then some shuffling of the remaining eastern and central teams into a conference. We would still have four "power conferences" IMO.

Sorry for the UAH tangent, but I just wanted to throw that out there and dream a little.

And sorry, we Miamians are not trying to hijack your thread, just some good conversation here.
                                Last edited by redeagle; 08-23-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X